Pantos Technology ICO will launch tomorrow, March 21st 12:00 p.m.
Pantos is a scientific research project conceived by the team behind Bitpanda, who joined forces with scientists from the Technical University of Vienna, the Austrian Academy of Sciences and the Research Institute for Future Cryptoeconomics (RIAT). Together we will start a R&D project called TAST, the Token Atomic Swap Technology.
Pantos is the answer to an increasingly fragmented digital currency market. In a competitive environment like this, projects risk ending up as separate islands which ultimately slow down the blockchain adoption.
The objective of Pantos is to create an open-source system, which will bring blockchains closer together and prospectively provide one of the core technologies in a tokenised world.
To bring this vision to life, Pantos is seeks to allow blockchain projects to talk to one another in a standardised way and transfer value from one chain to another frictionless and with ease. This will speed up innovation, because it creates a link between the blockchains so that they can scale and grow together.
In addition to renowned scientific partners, Pantos teamed up with industry-wide respected Blockchain-projects Lisk, Komodo, Waves and NEM as official partners and close collaborateurs. Furthermore the project is being advised by some of the most respected people in the global blockchain space.
Among them are Andreas Petersson, the co-founder of Bitcoin Austria and Minebox and the former architect of the Mycelium Android Wallet; Michael Borkowski and Stefan Schulte from Vienna University of Technology; Ethereum veteran, smart contracts expert and co-founder of RIAT Ralph Pichler; JL777 of Komodo, Max Kordek of Lisk and Sasha Ivanov of Waves and Paul Rieger from NEM Europe. Plus, the Pantos project receives official support by organisations like Bitcoin Austria and Fintech Austria.
The goal is to create and enable innovations, which have not yet been done by other cross-chain projects:
- Cross-chain token TRANSFERS (not just SWAPS)
- Frictionless migration / transfer of the SAME asset from one blockchain to another
- (Near) real-time arbitrage, which means more stability and less volatility
- Research of open source technology as a joint academic effort
- Development of a high quality, open source atomic swap / transfer protocol
- Setting an industry standard with an innovative multi-blockchain token system
- A Blockchain Domination Index to measure PAN distribution among blockchains
Learn even more about Pantos and its unique approach and features in our Medium post called “Why and how Pantos is different to other cross-chain projects”.
The Pantos Technology ICO will start on March 21st 2018, 12:00 p.m. CET (UTC+1).
To participate in the Pantos Technology ICO and secure your project tokens, please follow this guide.
1. Visit www.pantos.io to find out more about our project.
2. Click on “Participate”.
3. Register at Bitpanda.com by entering and confirming your E-Mail address. If you already have an account just log in.
4. Select “Pantos ICO” from the sidebar menu to the left.
5. Select the digital currency and the amount you would like to contribute to the Pantos project.
6. Before you click on “Participate now”, you must agree to the terms and conditions.
7. You’re Done! You have successfully helped the Pantos ICO to reach its goal.
8. You will find your PAN token in your dedicated Pantos wallet after the Technology ICO is over.*
*Note that you will not immediately be able to see the PAN tokens you receive by participating in the Technology ICO. After participating, you will just see the amount of digital currencies you contributed. How many PAN you will receive after the end of the Technology ICO (which will happen either by reaching the hard cap of 1,500 BTC or on April 18th 2018, 12:00 noon CET), is depending on multiple factors (e.g. if we reach the hard cap) and is calculated exactly with a custom formula, which is available in the ICO Details PDF. Please be patient and wait until the end of the Pantos Technology ICO to see your exact amount of your PAN tokens in your PAN wallet on Bitpanda.
Subscribe to the Pantos newsletter and stay updated on the latest developments. We will keep you informed on research progress, partnership announcements and general news on the project.
Visit our official website for more information. For regular updates on Pantos you can also follow the following channels: