Æternity: Indian State Government-led Blockchain Accelerator T-Block Partners With Æternity, The Starfleet Accelerator To Back Three Blockchain Startups
Biweekly update 5th May — 19th May
Welcome to our regular biweekly report on æternity! Today we are here to share a pretty quick but precise æcosystem news roundup. The development team proceeds with frequent commits; the work never stops even during these times of uncertainty associated with COVID-19. SuperHeroLeague conferences continue to educate the community — the recent episode touched upon the fine line between free will and citizen protection, censorship, and oppression. What’s more, the first Chinese edition of SuperheroLeague went live. A research paper that analyses and compares the trust-enabling features of the leading blockchain oracle approaches, techniques, and platforms, was published highlighting æternity.
Besides, the first edition of the Starfleet Program in India organized by blockchain investment firm, Æ Ventures and IBC Media, an Indian innovation management company, announced the three startups — Drife, Hypermine, and Pontis as the winners at the Demo Day that proceed to receive a venture investment as well as go-to-market opportunities in the EU and EMEA region, support in technology implementation, business development, marketing, and legal affairs. Æ Ventures also announced a partnership with the International investment companies CV Labs and Woodstock Funds, providing the startups with access to the partners’ international ecosystem, facilities, and network. The winners will now be able to attract investment from Æ Ventures and go through active due diligence by Woodstock Fund and CV Labs.
Furthermore, T-Block Accelerator, the inaugural accelerator program under the aegis of the Telangana Blockchain District today announced its partnership with three of the leading global blockchain protocol companies: æternity, Harmony, and Matic. Besides technology implementation, the accelerator program also plans to provide startups with Europe’s support to push their ideas further into the market.
Æternity is now hiring a Social Media Expert; other job opportunities are also listed — check the update below to start your very own æternity career. The number of subscribers, active forum, and chat participants is prone to grow. Follow the official æternity channels and stay tuned with our biweekly reports not to miss anything! See you in two weeks!
- SuperherLeague Ep 08: Censorship and Oppression — The fine line between free will and citizen protection…
Countries all over the world have taken unprecedented restrictive measures to combat the spread of COVID-19. Beyond health and financial aspects of this crisis — what impact do government response actions and plans have on citizens’ privacy or freedoms? Where are lines drawn as the COVID-19 crisis becomes the biggest modern challenge to governing? Explore perspectives on governing and probe different effects of government responses to COVID-19. Watch and get acquainted with the topics below:
- The Hot Topic Story: Censorship and Oppression
- What do we need to ask ourselves about governance?
- How do enacted COVID-19 response plans affect citizens beyond the virus crisis?
- Where do we draw the line between prioritizing public safety and honoring civil liberties
- The first SuperheroLeague live from China.
- Yanislav Malahov spoke about “Future of Decentralized Social Digital Infrastructure” in the form of Superhero at the Unit Conference on 15th May.
- Trustworthy Blockchain Oracles: Review, Comparison, and Open Research Challenges — analysis and comparison of trust-enabling features of the leading blockchain oracle approaches, techniques, and platforms featuring Aeternity (page 7 in the document).
All the amazing aeternity events are scheduled in this calendar. Check it out not to miss anything!
- Weekly SuperHeroLeague Conferences!
- 27th May 2020 — Sofia Crypto Meetup, a monthly blockchain event at Puzl CowOrKing, Sofia, sponsored by æternity. Watch video recordings from the events in YouTube.
- 20th August 2020 — Token Summit Liechtenstein
- æternity Development Roadmap Update. UPDATE: æternity’s Lima hardfork was successfully executed on October 30th, 2019 at block height 161150. The æternity’s Mainnet is now running Lima Release 5.0.1.
Partnerships and team members
- Starfleet DemoDay was a success! The winners are:
AE Ventures also announced a partnership with the International investment companies CV Labs and Woodstock Funds, providing the startups with access to the partners’ international ecosystem, facilities and network. The winners will now have the opportunity to attract investment from AE Ventures and go through active due diligence by Woodstock Fund and CV Labs. The announcement was made at the Starfleet Demo Day, a virtual conference with over 350 participants attending from across the globe on May 8, 2020, where the 7 selected start-ups battled it out. The event was attended by several leading innovators across blockchain and start-up space including keynote speakers Hon’ble Smt Rama Devi (Officer on Special Duty (OSD), ITE&C Department, Government of Telangana), Shradha Sharma, Chief Editor and Founder, YourStory, Wei Zhou, Chief Financial Officer, Binance and Nikola Stojanow, CEO, AE Ventures. The event witnessed virtually across the globe also had 2 panel discussions on Startup way from adversity to success and Crisis 2002 VS 2020-Seeking the opportunity with panellists including Sriram V Iyer, Vice President and App Engineering at Flipkart, Vivek Prakash, Leading Product at BrowserStack and Co-Founder of HackerEarth, Neeraj Khandelwal, Co-Founder & CTO, CoinDCX among others.
Read more in the article “Aeternity Starfleet Accelerator to back three Indian Blockchain Startups”.
- Social Media Expert (English) at aeternity — Æternity Establishment is looking for a savvy, resourceful Social Media Expert to manage the platforms of our organization and projects.
- æternity Establishment also looks to hire a Developer Advocate — You’ll be responsible to produce content to demonstrate cutting-edge development techniques and to attract, educate, and inspire programmers.
- Aeternity Crypto Foundation Grant Application Process — The ACF announces a new transparency initiative to involve the aeternity community in the decision making and application process for grants and donations. In order to apply for foundation grants or donations, you need to make introduce yourself and your team to the forum and propose your application for a discussion in the forum. The forum will be the main place to inform the community and show transparency around foundation grants and donations.
- Matic Network, Harmony and æternity join Telangana Blockchain District’s Accelerator program as Official Platform Partners
T-Block Accelerator, the inaugural accelerator program under the aegis of the Telangana Blockchain District today announced its partnership with three of the leading global blockchain protocol companies. A first of its kind public blockchain accelerator organized by Telangana government and Tech Mahindra and run by IBC Media, an innovation management company, T-Block Accelerator is aimed at startups that have a strong blockchain use-case; thereby accelerating the start-up growth and therefore contributing to the growth of the overall industry. With the support and expertise of these protocols as innovation enablers in the blockchain realm, T-block will provide the Indian startups that make it into the boot camp phase with technical support to build their solutions on their platform, GTM (Go-To-Market) support in Europe, technology implementation support and grants on a case-on-case basis.
You can also read about it Cointelegraph’ article Indian “State Gov’t Partners With Blockchain Firms to Drive Tech Growth”.
Social media metrics
The graph above shows the dynamics of changes in the number of Aeternity Facebook likes, Reddit subscribers and Twitter followers. The information is taken from coingecko.com.
Here you can find all kinds of resources to get acquainted with aeternity! The Getting Started page is being constantly updated to help you get quickly acquainted with aeternity: It’s a rich collection of all kinds of articles, video reviews and guides, and interviews that will introduce you to the AE universe.
Also, you can access a list and overview of everything that uses æternity.