Aion: Token Swap Completed, Wallet updates, joining Messari registry
Biweekly update 20th November-4th December
Desktop Wallet Release v1.2 — the next release for the Aion Desktop Wallet. The focus of this release is exclusively on maintenance and functionality of the Wallet. A lot of plumbing has been reworked in the backend of the wallet as a result of this.
To keep track of the changelog to this release of the Wallet, it’s best to head over to our v1.2.X project.
- The team made the wallet lighter, previously they talked to ledger through a different separate process in the background, either through node.js or golang applications. They’ve rewritten the Ledger HID driver to interact directly with the JVM, allowing us to simplify our packaging and remove these external dependencies.
- They’ve given the wallet a light UI rework, especially true on the send pane. This should clear up a lot of the confusion users previously had with each tab. Plus the requested send all feature is now available.
- They’ve improved packaging on all platforms. Upgrade should be a drag (on MacOS), an install (on Windows), or an unzip (on Linux) away. Anything related to your account remains untouched.
Windows 10 Desktop Wallet update v1.2.2: Update Aion Desktop Wallet for Windows 10. New Commits. Fix includes better install and faster loading for Windows 10 Users.
Aion Desktop Wallet for Windows v1.2.2 download link: https://github.com/aionnetwork/Desktop-Wallet/releases/tag/v1.2.2 24
docs: https://docs.aion.network/docs/updating-the-wallet 2
blog: https://blog.aion.network/desktop-wallet-release-v1-2-bc883f4fc660 1
-Aion Kernel v0.3.2 ‘Ama Dablam’ Release — Notes and FAQ.
Aion v0.3.2 — Megathread Discussion.
• Bridge until December 10th 2018.
• Changelly until December 21st 2018.
Over these 12 weeks, Aion team built an ecosystem of mobile, web, hardware and desktop wallets plus leading global and regional exchanges. Providing community with multiple options and tools depending on their technical experience and preferences.
They also launched the first Aion bridge, the Token Transfer bridge marking the first token swap to provide a trustless mechanism to migrate assets.
By putting their technology to the test and bringing together an engaged ecosystem of global partners and community members, they have completed the swap period with over 94% of ERC-20 tokens converted. This amazing participation in such a condensed period of time marks the Aion Token Swap as the most engaged token swap to date.
If you still haven’t swapped your AION Tokens to AION Coins, the easiest way for you to complete the swap is to use Changelly, just click the link below.
To read more about Changelly supporting the AION Token swap, take a look at the article below.
- Wanna swap your AION ERC20 tokens to Aion Coin? Do it with Changelly!
- Hey there, Aion holders! We have a really good news to announce for each one of you who wants to seamlessly swap an old…medium.com
AION Coin can now be purchased or sold on the following exchanges.
- Binance — https://www.binance.com/en
- BCEX — https://www.bcex.ca/index/coins
- LAToken — https://latoken.com/
- Dragonex — https://dragonex.im/en-us/
- Bitfinex — http://bitfinex.com/
- Kucoin — http://kucoin.com/
- ChangeNow.IO — http://changenow.io/
- Bilaxy — https://bilaxy.com/
- Bitbox — https://www.bitbox.me/
- Changelly — https://changelly.com/
- VBTC — https://vbtc.exchange/
- CoinBene — https://www.coinbene.com/
- BitFinex — https://www.bitfinex.com/
- EasyRabbit — https://easyrabbit.net/
- BitForex — https://www.bitforex.com/
AION Coin can now be held in the following wallets.
- Aion Wallet — https://docs.aion.network/docs/install-the-aion-desktop-wallet
- Ledger — https://www.ledger.com
- Coinomi — https://www.coinomi.com/en/
- Cryptocurve — https://cryptocurve.io/
- Magnum — https://magnumwallet.co/
- Vault (Beta) — https://vaultwallet.io/
- AIWA Chrome Extension(Beta) — https://getaiwa.com/
For a complete list of all swap documentation, please review Token Swap overview documentation.
- Signals from the Void — An Introduction: Advancing dialogue on important issues in Web3.
In the coming months Aion team has big milestones that they’re excited to share, and they’ve decided to publish more of thinking around why these milestones matter, why they’ve made decisions in the ways that they have, what it means for web3 in aggregate and how you can get involved in the conversation.
By communicating a variety of perspectives on technology, operations, marketing, security, engineering, ecosystem growth and more they hope to provide the community with a stronger sense of why they exist and how they view Aion role as early (but not permanent) stewards of the quest to rebuild a broken internet.
Stay tuned for more in this series of posts under “Signals from the Void” — advancing dialogue on important issues in blockchain.
- Aion Virtual Machine (AVM): Why Java and the JVM? by Jeff Disher (Leading the Virtual Machine team at Aion): an attempt to explain why the team went in this direction from the perspective of both why the original arguments against are not show-stopping but also how addressing these challenges opens up a vast opportunity of technical performance and robustness along with a global and engaged ecosystem.
- Nodesmith CEO Brendan Lee’s Reddit AMA November 21st 2018.
- Live AMA with BlockXLabs’ Chinmay Patel on November 21st 2018: BlockXLabs’s co-Founder and CEO Chinmay Patel is Aion guest in for live AMA on the Aion Reddit Channel. He answers all questions about BlockXLabs, AIWA and BlockXLab’s relationship with Aion & Nodesmith.
As part of an ongoing request for decentralized infrastructure, Aion Network looked to companies such as BlockX Labs to build-out different pieces that tie the Aion ecosystem together. BlockX Labs, a Toronto based blockchain development firm — has partnered with NodeSmith and the Aion Foundation to produce AIWA, a browser-based wallet for AION Coins. AIWA features a convenient dashboard to select your network, select your active wallet, view outgoing transactions, and view more details about your holdings and tokens. Read the full blog about AIWA here.
AION UPDATE | BlockchainBrad Exclusive with Matt Spoke | Interoperability & Usability | Blockchain: BlockchainBrad chats with AION CEO Matt Spoke about all the updates related to Aion Network’s multi-tier system. They talk about the Aion Virtual Machine (AVM), scalability, security, usability, bridging and interoperability in the Aion Network. Matt gets real about where AION is atm and where they are headed in 2019.
Blockdaemon Panel: Building Ecosystems, Decentralization & Interoperability: a developers view into blockchain ecosystems.
The panel was filmed on November 7th, 2018, and includes:
- Matt Spoke, Founder of Aion Networks
- Meltem Demirors, Chief Strategy Officer of CoinShares
- Sam Lessin, Partner at Slow Ventures
- Daniela Barbosa, VP World Wide Alliances, Hyperledger
- Konstantin Richter, CEO & Founder of Blockdaemon
Throughout the panel, the group discusses the opportunities and challenges for blockchain interoperability, understanding end to end blockchain ecosystem, and tries to answer the question of why decentralization matters.
Veritransfer: Mark Lawson, Co-Founder of VeriTransfer — discusses building a DApp on Aion and the value of the Aion ecosystem.
Last Day for the #AionSwap: Aion Founder Matt Spoke sends out a personal message to the community and swap partners to celebrating Aion’s latest milestone.
AION is supported on ChangeNOW.io for swift and easy cryptocurrency exchanges.
Users could deposit and withdraw NEW AION coin in Btirue: All users’ ERC-20 AION token has been swapped to NEW AION coin. ERC-20 AION token deposit will be rejected.
Right on target (Phase 1 Complete).
Phase 1: Kilimanjaro 2018
- Virtual Machine — FastVM with EVM Source Compatibility
- Aion Interchain — Token Bridge and Interchain Communication
- Aion Proof of Work — Equihash 210_9
- Aion Core — Multi-Chain Framework, Wire Protocol (P2P), Tx Pool, Event Manager
- Aion APIs — Java API, Web3 API Compatibility
Phase 2: Denali
- Aion Virtual Machine (AVM) Version 1
This AVM is a custom-built, lightweight, performant, and stable VM that leverages key characteristics of the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), providing concurrency and robustness within a blockchain-specific context. The AVM is responsible for running applications on top of Aion. The AVM will include its own scripting language.
- Aion Scripting Language
The Aion scripting language is used for writing chain logic that runs on Aion-Everest and potentially any connecting/participating network. The Aion language is compiled into AVM bytecode and executed by the AVM. The Aion language provides the following features: Defensive programming, Blockchain runtime environment, Blockchain context injection, Security.
- Proof-of-Intelligence Consensus Algorithm
An economic measure to deter denial of service attacks by requiring participants, solvers in Aion-Everest, to perform artificial intelligence (AI) computation. The intent is to motivate the creation of AI-specific or specialized hardware that could be used for machine learning and neural network training in the future.
Partnerships and team members
Messari, an open-source cryptocurrency-focused version of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s EDGAR database, is launching a disclosure registry for token-issuing projects to publicly share information that might otherwise be difficult to find.
The Aion Network joins 11 other diverse, reputable projects all committed to transparency and self -regulation, in voluntarily disclosing basic information regarding token design, supply details, technology audits, ofﬁcial communication channels, and relevant team members, investors, and advisors. These proﬁles can then be freely accessed industry-wide, providing a reliable, standardized resource to industry participants that is nonexistent today. Such basic data standards can facilitate diligence processes for crypto service providers like exchanges and wallets, retail and professional investors, and regulators alike.
The Messari registry was announced at CoinDesk’s Consensus event and with the launch token projects will ﬁnally have a common platform that helps them better communicate material updates with both their existing communities and external stakeholders in a single, standardized interface. In its initial stages, the Messari team will on-board the projects themselves and facilitate disclosure accuracy. However, as the system grows the model will become a self-sustaining platform. Data on the registry will be publicly available, and Messari will even have an open API for free access to the disclosures.
- New Partnership Between Apereum and Bicameral Ventures Will Give Blockchain Startups the Funding and Knowledge to Get to Market: Apereum, Inc. and Bicameral Ventures have teamed up to help fund and educate startups in the cryptocurrency space.
- AIWA — DApp Wallet for AION by BlockX Labs — is now on ProductHunt.
- Oath Protocol @OathProtocol (November 23nd, 2018): “Just held our #1 StudentsOnly Blockchain Workshop together with our good friends from @Aion_Network — we covered a lot: decentralization, wallets, public, private & seed keys, technology and much more!”
- Aion Network @Aion_Network (November 26th, 2018): “Congrats to our friends at @Coinsquare for winning 2018 #Blockchain Company of the year at the FinTech & AI Awards @CAFintechAwards presented by @DFInstitute #Toronto #TechToronto #FintechAwards by @AlexM_Bicameral”.
- Aion Network @Aion_Network (December 2nd, 2018): “Our ecosystem partners @Mavennet_ had a busy #CryptoCamp last Thursday at @DeloitteCanada demonstrating their bi-directional #MavenBridge, #MavenStamp plus Cheif Maven @KesemFr represented $Aions approach on the #interoperability panel together w/ @Cosmos @Blockgeeks @ChainSafeth”
Projects Building on Aion:
- SPRXS.io by fifth-9.com
- VeriTransfer.io by NorthernBlock.ca
List of AION Mining pools with live stats & hashrate distribution.
- Matthew Spoke @MattSpoke (November 23rd, 2018): “Although our efforts & progress often feel intangible, we persevere with the belief that tangible good will come from it. Too many systems in the world are #brokenbydesign, but we have the opportunity to reimagine a better world rooted in individual freedom & equal opportunity”.
- Kesem Frank @kesemfr (November 23rd, 2018): “2+ years since the initial thinking was laid out, I am past excited to sit through the AVM internal launch. Awesome day for @Aion_Network”.
Broken by Design: How the internet has turned into a tool that subverts freedom — write-up by Mike Mason about why the internet is fundamentally broken, and why projects like Aion are so critical for the future.
Protocol Weekly #18: Aion Network’s ecosystem development gets highlighted in 8x Protocol’s weekly progress report.
Aion Info Hub (November 2018 Update).
Active Reddit discussions:
Would AION ever consider pivoting away from the Hub and Spoke model?
Miner Test: gminer-v1.10 VS ewbf-v0.6-cuda9.1 mining Aion.
@AionJay (Community manager, admin): “Vote to get Aion Founder Matt Spoke in the running for Coindesk’s “Most Influential People in Blockchain 2018.” His name was not considered in the choices, you have to add it in the other field.”
Social media metrics
The community is quite active discussing latest news, development, mining, token price and possible partnerships.
Twitter — Average number of retweets is 15–30 for one post. The number of followers has increased by 5 thousand over the last week.
Facebook — 10–15 likes per publication.
Reddit — threads with 2–10 comments.
Information from Cryptocompare.com
The graph above shows the dynamics of changes in the number of Aion Reddit subscribers, Twitter followers and Facebook likes. The information is taken from Coingecko.com.
Aion forum — discussions on mining, news, network statistics etc.
- Missing coins to my wallet
- Aion Bridge Stats
- Aion bridge user experience
- Any way to suppress “WARN P2P [p2p-tcp]: tcp-connect-peer pass max-active-nodes”?
- 亚洲 Aion 采矿服务器 — Glorypool.io
- SmartMiner EOL, Author call switching to EWBF miner.
- Aion network statistics.
- Aion Beta Testnet Rewards.
- Aion Token Bridge — Alpha Version Megathread.
- How to — build CUDA-based aionminer on Ubuntu 16.04.
Discord — active discussions on the latest updates and mining.