Ambrosus: Launch of IoT product kits, Masternode Testing and DMP Implementation, AMB-NET Public Release, featuring Apollo Validators, AmberEx Explorer and the Bridge
Biweekly update 10th April — 24th April
The further the better, Ambrosus continues its development, they demonstrate great alacrity implementing improvements: they succeed releasing IoT product kits, specific innovations from within Ambrosus have also created the Multisensing Device, the Low-Cost Serialization Tag, as well as Ambrosus’ original Smart Containers. There are some Ecosystem Releases, including the public launch of the Ambrosus cryptonomics architecture, onboarding of First Apollo Masternodes to AMB-NET, the release of AmberEx for visualizing network activity and block validations and launch of the Ambrosus Token-Bridge. The Ambrosus teams are keeping up with the roadmap and they have cumulative long-going plans. Myriad of future possibilities are achievable due to Ambrosus progress — in the last update, they featured a tremendous amount of development made: Masternode Testing and DMP Implementation Ambrosus became the Founding Associate Member of the International Token Standardization Association. The growth of the community is tangible as well as the number of followers in social networks. There are lots of cryptoactivists adoring Ambrosus. Keep calm and love Ambrosus with us!
- Ambrosus Dashboard, running on top of $AMB-NET, can be used for the creation of bundles filled with assets and events. They are preparing to open it up for external builders.
Industry-specific Dapps on top of $AMB-NET: Blockchain-based solutions for enterprises that improve business processes and create value.
Manage your Apollo like a boss, with a node management dashboard integrated in our own explorer AmberEx : Coming Soon to $AMB-NET
Seamless experience creating new accounts to produce bundles with assets and events on $AMB-NET.
$AMB-NET — made for developers by developers. APIs and SDKs permit rapid prototyping, development and testing. Assets and Events create perfect structure for IoT applications.
Ambrosus Edge Gateways ensure end-to-end data integrity, bringing #blockchain security level to individual sensors and IoT devices. $AMB-NET enables easy and creative prototyping with hardware.
Summary of Ecosystem Releases:
- Public Launch of the Ambrosus Cryptonomics Architecture
- Onboarding of First Apollo Masternodes to AMB-NET!
- Release of AmberEx for visualizing network activity and block validations!
- Release of the Ambrosus Token-Bridge.
- Ambrosus continues to lead the way in Global and European development and adoption of blockchain and cryptocurrencies. Ambrosus became the Founding Associate Member of the International Token Standardization Association.
- New Explorer available.
- $AMB latest progress report: AmberEx progress, bridge and validators stress testing, new tools for developers.
- Masternode Testing and DMP Implementation: In terms of the different Masternodes on the Network, the blockchain core team has spent copious amounts of time installing and testing Apollo Masternodes from scratch on AMB-NET. At the same time, Atlas and Hermes masternodes have been updated and tested for public release.
- AmberEx — Refinement and Final QA Fixes: The Ambrosus Explorer, AmberEx, continues to develop with a number of sleek refinements. Most importantly, AmberEx was fully re-deployed on Test-Net with all key components operating seamlessly.
- Final (Stress) Testing of the Ambrosus Bridge: Ambrosus Bridge has undergone a final series of stress testing so as to determine its robustness and capability of managing high levels of activity. Such tests were done two times, with the second one being performed with updated validators. After the final stress test, the validators were then tested locally with an End to End (e2e) test. A significant research and discussion has taken place concerning validator optimization. This allowed Ambrosus developers to fix a number of issues as well as implement concurrent transaction handling for bridge validators (i.e. multiple transactions can take place on the bridge at the same time).
- The latest $AMB Community Report with Q&A is out. The most upvoted questions from the community have been answered in detail by Team. Here is one of the questions at this Q&A:
Question: How much influence and support does Ambrosus receive (either directly from other members or indirectly through networking with potential clients) from being an INATBA member?
As a whole, does INATBA have influence in swaying EU policy and decision makers that will benefit public/hybrid blockchain (key word: NOT private blockchain) adoption?
Answer: INATBA is an association that is going to exert significant influence in the future of the blockchain/cryptocurrency industry due to the different stakeholders involved (European Commissioners, EU member state ministers, large enterprises, international organizations, large corporations, etc.), as well as the amount of institutional funding that supports it. Right now, as the association is still in the process of fully forming, Ambrosus is able to play an important role across a number of different areas of its development. Ambrosus is happy to see governments taking such an active role in the development of blockchain technology. The main sources of influence (or future influence) pertain towards education (between both the blockchain community and the institutions and governments interested in the technology), recognition, guidance and development of new policy and regulation, and networking. While the future development of INATBA and its effectiveness remains to be determined, community members can rest assured that Ambrosus will be actively participating in all of the different opportunities that may arise.
- Ambrosus is proud to announce the public release of its IoT (Internet of Things) production kits. These tools, utilized for collecting, transmitting, and managing data from the physical world, are specifically designed for enterprises and entrepreneurs interested in utilizing the Ambrosus Network, for their next-generation of data management solutions.
- Angel Versetti tweeted “Getting ready to speak at WSIS2019 at the HQ of the International Telecommunications Union ITU in Geneva, talking about the social impact of blockchain. The conference is attended by ministers and senior policymakers from all over the world.”
- Great talk by Angel Versetti about Ambrosus’ usecases. Tobacco packages soon need an individual ID in Europe. Current methods costs ~€0.10 Ambrosus can do it for €0.01 + founding members of EU commission’s Blockchain Alliance INATBA.
- Here is a great overview of $AMB-NET architecture and a deep dive into the various masternode types of Ambrosus made by community member Whaleclown. Ambrosus offers three classes of Masternodes:
- Apollo — verifies transactions, maintain the decentralized network consensus
- Hermes — introduces data to AMB-NET
- Atlas — collects and stores data entered using Hermes API
Ambrosus blockchain, AMB-NET has a bandwidth of 10 TPS, with 45 to 50 bundles in each block, which occurs in 5-second intervals. Each bundle can store up to 16,384 assets and events — readings from sensors / scanners and other devices that collect physical data. The cost of one bundle is fixed at $12 USD. Thanks to Masternode Hermes, you are able to build and commercialize your own applications and systems based on AMB-NET.
- Recently Ambrosus was pleasantly surprised by the new member: Captain Crypto. He has been making Ambrosus videos almost every day now.
- 24–26 June — Crypto Valley Conference — Zug, Switzerland (Exhibitor: TBC; Speaker: Angel Versetti)
A) Technical team revises the code, based on the issues flagged by QA / security audits.
B) Repeated Security Audits are performed.
C) If all security audits indicate full safety, Wave 0 will be onboarded on main-net.
D) If only blockchain security audits indicate full safety, we may consider onboarding Apollos and Atlas nodes, without launching Hermes nodes. In that scenario until Hermes nodes are launched (Hermes are the nodes generating bundles), there may be additional temporary smart contracts deployed that would redistribute block rewards to Atlas nodes in lieu of the missing heartbeat bundles. Hermes nodes would be properly activated within 1–2 months after onboarding of these nodes.
E) Associated product releases (Wallet, Bridge, Explorer, Dashboard) are all dependent on the successful deployment of main-net with external nodes. As such, some of these products are likely to be released on test-net in January (in particular, explorer and dashboard), while the other two would be released jointly with onboarding of external masternodes on main-net, which would require both the bridge and wallet to function.
F) Final edits and tweaks to the technical videos, further research and testing of smart contract based solutions and applications.
G) Deepen discussions with current clients, begin implementation and testing of industrial solutions where applicable, and continue outreach to high-value and niche markets. New team member to join shortly.
- Spring 2019: They want to launch the smart sensor system that will have the edge computing capabilities. These are essentially the sensors that retain AI capability without being connected to the network. During this time they would also like to integrate sidechains and offchain transactions as well as launch their first generation Nanosensers and bio sensors. You can read more about their progress on these developments here.
- Summer 2019: The team hopes to be able to release the v 2.0 of the Ambrosus protocol that will include the updated functionality of AI and the IoT devices mentioned above.
- Autumn 2019: After the protocol launch, they would like to release their second generation sensors which will be fully integrated into the smart contracts.
- Winter 2019: If all goes according to plan, they would like to release their exchange platform which will have full trading functionality. This could pave the way for the release of a fully fledged decentralized crypto exchange.
- Spring 2020: This could be a pivotal step for the project as they plan to release their first large scale and fully automous supply chain. This will incorporate the IoT systems as well as AI and be governed by a DAO system.
- Summer-Autumn 2020: If they have managed to meet all of the steps up to this point then the team would like to scale the platform with integration in numerous industries mentioned above.
- Prepare for the imminent launch of the first Apollo Masternodes on the Ambrosus Network.
- Work will continue on the development of mobile wallets, UI/UX design, as well as the numerous client applications under development. New developer tools and components will be released as they are completed.
- The launch of a standalone explorer client application, as well as future monitoring and fixes to bugs as they may appear.
- Developing and setting up a monitoring and alert system for the Ambrosus Bridge. Continuing general maintenance and testing of the Bridge in different environments up to the public release.
Social media metrics
The graph above shows the dynamics of changes in the number of Ambrosus Facebook likes, Reddit subscribers and Twitter followers. The information is taken from Coingecko.com.