Aragon: More speakers confirmed for AraCon2019, next vote for AGP-1 is January 17th 2019, new research articles
Biweekly update 4th December-18th December
ANT voters overwhelmingly voted to approve AGP-1.
The date of the next vote is scheduled to start January 17, 2019, and AGP drafts must be finalized no later than January 3rd.
Submit your proposal for community review by January 3rd for a chance to be on the ballot. You can find details for submitting a proposal in AGP-1 here.
- Identity & DAO Membership by Jorge Izquierdo, CTO at Aragon One.
- Exploring what Quadratic Voting could look like for Aragon Organizations by Luke Duncan, Research at Aragon One.
- Customizing Organizations with Aragon CLI by Luke Duncan, Research at Aragon One.
- The State of the Art in Cryptocurrency Privacy by John Light, Community at Aragon One.
Updates from Aragon chat (4th December — 18th December):
@luis (Luis Cuende, CEO at Aragon One Team):
- Worked on Aragon One Flock proposal
- Helped with roadmap for the product
- Worked on legal matters
- AraCon prep and helped with it!
- Worked on A1 hiring
- Released A1 Flock proposal! https://github.com/aragon/flock/pull/1
- Worked on Q4 goals alignment for A1
- Wrote a blog post about A1’s organization and Flock proposal
@jorge (Jorge Izquierdo, CTO at Aragon One):
- Research: Identity & Membership in DAOs https://forum.aragon.org/t/identity-dao-membership/344
- Research: voting relay protocol, crystalizing thinking and cleaning up notes
- Kicked off Aragon Concierge to help onboard top projects and use cases (first two _secret-for-now_ onboardings underway)
- A fair amount of hiring calls and ops related stuff
@lkngtn (Luke Duncan, Research at Aragon One):
- Worked on process for deploying custom organization configurations using the CLI
- Worked on A1 roadmap/planning
- Reviewed @jorge initial notes on vote relayer protocol
- Travel ✈️
- Wrote up a post on CLI enhancements for deploying custom organizations
- Wrote up a post on Quadratic Voting in Aragon
- Various other tasks and meetings
@light (John Light, Community at Aragon One):
- 2019 AGP planning
- Reviewing comms tasks and working on new comms plan
- Updates around GitHub and Flow
- AraCon! (Join us in Berlin, January 29–30th — https://aracon.one)
- AraCon planning
- Published ANT documentation
- ECC team (events/community/communications) planning
@tatu (Tatu Kärki, Communications at Aragon One):
- Continued working on our product renaming process in GitHub repos
- Started process for a few new team interview posts
- Worked on some team interviews, first one published, http://blog.aragon.one/team-interviews-lorena/
- Created accounts for Aragon One
- Worked on getting the new blog design for the Aragon Project blog out, https://blog.aragon.org with the great work on it done by @delfi & Adri
@bingen (Bingen Eguzkitza, Solidity Engineer):
- A couple of Nest projects review and support
- Fix aragonCLI issue with permissions
- Staking v2 development
- Nest: review and support for several teams
- dao-kits: minor fixes
- Enigma voting
- Payroll review
@sohkai (Brett Sun, Lead Developer at Aragon One):
- Helped with A1 roadmap/planning
- We did a polishathon over the weekend! Updates to Aragon 0.6 will be coming soon!
- Scoped a release to deploy all of our fixes and improvements to the Aragon client from the polishathon and last few weeks (0.6.2)
- Scoping efforts for product priorities for Q1 2019
- Reviewing and merging PRs :)
- Moved software licenses over to the Aragon Association
@alexa (Alexa Weaver, Operations Assistant):
- Catch up from A1 Team Offsite and Travel
- Payments (AraCon, Aragon, Aragon One), Transparency Update, Closing November Books.
- AA/A1 Transition Tasks
@jouni (Jouni Helminen, Design at Aragon One):
-Nest: Web3 design system milestone review
-Responsive designs for token manager, payroll
-Lorikeet Figma template
-Templates for 1–1 user testing
-UX for aragon.org/feedback form
-1–1 user testing plan for events in 2019, starting with AraCon
-Payroll mobile/responsive design (if I get time)
@bpierre (Pierre Bertet, UI & Interaction Developer):
- Organization Switcher https://github.com/aragon/aragon/pull/528
- Support the CheckBox PR + RadioButton update (https://github.com/aragon/aragon-ui/pull/257 + https://github.com/aragon/aragon-ui/pull/267)
@delfi (Delfina Polito, Web Development):
- Worked on chages in AraCon website
- Restyling and some changes on Transparency website
- Continued implementing redesign on project’s blog
- Some little changes on Aragon One blog
@aquigorka (Gorka Ludlow, Frontend Developer)
- Responsive Menu Panel
- Menu panel + static apps and iframed apps communication
- Menu button for static apps
- Responsive token manager app
@cjyabraham (Chris Abraham, Project Manager at Aragon DAC):
- helped judge at ETHSingapore last weekend
- kickoff for the Aragon public face work
@monica (Monica, HR Lead at Aragon One):
- Prepared and lead two team building activity
- Worked on the offsite calendar
- Reviewed new applications
- Worked with some awesome potential hires
- Updated the onboarding project
- Started working on the Team Handbook update
- HR Ops stuff: equipment and paid time off requests
@LorenaGM (Lorena, Ops Assistant at Aragon One):
- Agenda Management
- Team Interview for the blog
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks, research & follow-ups back in the A1 office
- Support with A1 internal proceedings
@danielconstantin (Daniel Constantin):
- Mostly testing and reviewing PRs in `aragon-cli` and `aragon.js`
- Managed to get quite a few merged and some issues closed
- Some support for the ETHSingapore hackers
- mostly recovering from the flu
- couple of reviews, bugfixes and grooming for `aragon-cli` and `aragon.js
@griffgreen (Griff Green, Governance Circle Lead at Giveth):
- Setting EthSingapore on all sides
- Discussing the financial outlook for the next month of the DAC
- On boarding Eva (User research) and Max (UX PM) for some specail help.
- Gathering feedback on the overall progress and effectiveness of the DAC
- on boarded and judged teams at ETHSingapore
- reviewed finances and helped coordinate sprint plans for this last month
- on boarded Eva to create a transparent and objective payroll plan
- working on Flock Proposal document
@krrisis (Kris Decoodt, Communication Circle Lead at Giveth):
- edited the missing pages for edition 10 of the aragon monthly, merged my branch and those of contributors
- corrected last mistakes after double check by tatu
- deployed monthly and shared on social
- payed out contributors (after bug logging & chasing with gitcoin people), reset github repo for issue 11
- Updated the overview/intro text for the aragon monthly on github
- Reviewed and updated the editorial issue for Issue 11
- Reviewed all open issues, reviewed current guides for the monthly and proposed a simpler flow for contributions (more coming up).
- Review and follow-up on initial work done on aragon monthly 11 + follow-up on different contributor’s flow
- Discussion on comms for aragon dac plus briefing of website + thorough feedback on initial version
- Set-up of a medium account, twitter, linkedin, youtube optimization etc, more coming soon, give us a follow 😉 twitter.com/aragondac
- Enigma’s new podcast Decentralize This! — Ep 12 — Luis Cuende — Realizing The Promise of Decentralized Organizations: Luis discusses the power of decentralized, autonomous organizations and the conflicts between regulation and decentralization — and how those have impacted him and Aragon.
- User Experience of Aragon from DevCon4 by Jouni Helminen. Drawing from his experiences working on Ubuntu and redesign of the Riot Chat, he talks about how increased attention to design can help push these technologies to wider audiences.
- AraCon — The Aragon Conference (Berlin, Germany on January 29th-30th 2019).
More speakers have been confirmed for AraCon2019: Taylor Monahan, Samer Hassan, Jacob Arluck, Alison Berreman, Christoph Jentzsch, and Stefano Bernardi to the lineup.
Check out all the currently confirmed speakers and get your ticket now.
- Luke Duncan — research lead from the Aragon Project is the fourth adviser for the First Conference on Distributed Governance alongside with Vlad Zamfir, Andy Tudhope from Status and Lane Rettig from the EIP0 initiative. Conference planned for December 7th-9th in Athens will be postponed to June 2019.
Aragon One is the founding team of the Aragon project and has been working on its development since the beginning. The team intends to continue the work on the project.
To cover our operation costs and continue creating a thriving Aragon ecosystem, Aragon One requests:
- $4 million paid in DAI (or other stable assets) for 2019, for operational costs.
- 1,675,000 ANT vested over the next 4 years, for the long-term incentivization of the current team and future employees.
The Network Release
- Basic network-wide governance
Which power the network will have over organizations, governance votings to decide on service providers, payouts functionality.
- App center
The App center will allow third party apps to be installed in Aragon in order to enable different organizations to address different needs. Any aragonOS-compatible app will be able to be installed, and recommendations will be given to users.
- ANT token minting
The network will be responsible for the minting policy of ANT, it will be decided through the governance of the network. Some of its responsibilities will be to decide the minting rate, the price and how companies pay for the subscription to the network.
- Integrate upgradeability
Provide upgradeability as a network service for all Aragon Network organizations.
- Release Calendar
Alpha: November 2018
Bug bounty (mainnet): December 2018
Production deploy (mainnet): January 2019
@monica (HR Lead at Aragon One, in Aragon chat, 19th November, 2018): “We’re working on the new roadmap these weeks, we hope to be able to publish it soon after and have a more detailed one early 2019”.
Partnerships and team members
Lorena as the new Assistant at Aragon One — Team Interviews: Lorena, Assistant at Aragon One.
- @AragonProject: “We couldn’t be more proud of our Nest eaglet @DAppNode. Constantly shipping and making the decentralized web happen for real.
The cloud is just someone else’s computer, DappNode allows everyone to actually own and easily manage their ‘personal cloud’.”
- @AragonProject: “Althea has developed their own Aragon app for the Node List of their Subnet DAOs. They will be going into production with Aragon as part of their stack very soon!
Mesh networking powered by Aragon”
- Michael O’Rourke @o_rourke — Replying to @pet3rpan_: “We will be using @AragonProject. Launching in January”. PXKT Airdrop spec.
- Griff Green — @thegrifft: “So happy to award the top @ethsingapore @AragonProject prize $2000 worth of $ANT & $DAI to #SumukhShetty for #hacking together a prototype of a #SlicingPie #AragonApp to make it easy for startups to split equity transparently & objectively, can’t wait to see the #nest proposal!”
- Aragon DAO Deployments:
- Daolist: A list of all Aragon DAOs on mainnet on December 18th, 2018:
Social media metrics
New Aragon DAC Twitter: 56 followers on December 18th, 2018.
Also Aragon blog has now a brand new design 🎨 Check it out!
Twitter — average number of retweets is 10–15 for one post.
The number of Reddit threads’ comments are: 1–15.
There is a slight growth in Aragon community over time. The graph above shows the dynamics of changes in the number of Aragon Reddit subscribers and Twitter followers. Aragon project has no Facebook page. The information is taken from Coingecko.com.
Aragon chat — active discussions on development and development help.
The Aragon Chat channels are now also available through Matrix.org / Riot.im, bridged with the Rocket Chat channels so you can choose which client / interface you prefer to use to chat with the community. The Aragon community in Matrix / Riot.
Forum.aragon.org — Popular topics:
- [Request For Comment] AGP-1: The Aragon Governance Proposal Process
- Decentralizing Aragon’s governance: Possible first steps
- Request for comment: Aragon Crowdfunding App, to enable more responsible crowdfunding with DAOs
- Discussion on Vote Buying/Dark DAOs
- Dynamic Permissions for Organization “Actions” with Signer Integration
- Coercion Resistant On-Chain Voting