Binance: VIP Structure for Margin Trading & Borrowing, The Perlin (PERL) Token Sale and The WINk (WIN) Airdrop Program support
Biweekly update 31st July — 14th Aug
During the last two weeks, Binance illustrated high social activity as usual. To support the users and the usage of the Binance Margin Trading platform, Binance released a Margin Trading VIP structure. On top of the current borrowable amount and daily interest rate, VIP users will be able to enjoy up to a maximum of 10x the standard borrowable amount, as well as up to a 20% discount on daily interest rates. Secondly, Binance announced the next project on Binance Launchpad — Perlin (PERL). The Perlin token sale will follow a lottery & airdrop format, with the recording of user BNB balances. Finally, Binance will confirm support for the WIN (WINK) Airdrop Program for TRON (TRX) holders. Each WIN airdrop will take place every month. For the initial WIN airdrop Binance will take a snapshot of all TRX balances in Binance user accounts on August 27, 2019 and distribute the respective WIN to TRX holders within 7 days. Stay tuned!
Major improvements in this upgrade include:
- Matching Engine, API, and WebSocket performance optimizations.
- New order type: OCO (Order Cancels Order), available via the API.
- 5,000 and 10,000 order book levels available from Rest API (GET api/v1/depth).
Mr. Binance Academy gives a comprehensive introduction to various security measures to keep your crypto assets safe from scams.
Binance continues to evolve.
They recently added Gin Chao as their Chief Strategy Officer. Gin was most recently the Vice President of Strategy and Corporate Development at the National Basketball Association (NBA) in China. Listen and get an inside look at CZ, Binance, and their continued plans for growth.
CertiK is proud to have successfully completed the official audit of Binance’s first self-issued stablecoin, BGBP, earlier this month.
This conversation is broken up into 5 chapters:
- Chapter 1: The state of Binance when it launched (and the pre-conditions that led to its rapid rise)
- Chapter 2: The current state of Binance and Binance Coin / $BNB
- Chapter 3: What CZ would do if he were to start a company from scratch
- Chapter 4: Binance’s growth hacking strategies
- Chapter 5: An exploration of value-added custody
- Exciting Developments Coming Soon for Binance US
Here is a peek into some of the exciting developments coming soon for Binance US.
Binance Research analysis shows that including $BTC in traditional multi-asset class portfolios provides overall better risk-return profiles.
In collaboration with Binance Trading, @BinanceResearch has launched Global Markets, its new series of monthly reports, which discuss cryptocurrency markets from an institutional lens.
Binance Launchpad has announced support for its eighth project of the year, Perlin, a Singapore-based startup behind a new blockchain protocol project. Perlin is developing the Wavelet distributed ledger, built on a new and pioneering ‘leaderless proof of stake’ consensus mechanism developed for easily deploying decentralized apps.
Born in Nigeria and educated in the UK, Binance Labs Director Yele Bademosi moved back to Africa to start his entrepreneurship journey. In this episode, Yele shares his unique experiences and perspectives — the African startup and investment landscape, and more importantly, blockchain adoption in the developing continent.
- Binance Releases VIP Structure for Margin Trading & Borrowing
- Binance Will Support the WINk (WIN) Airdrop Program for TRON (TRX) Holders
- Binance Will Update NANO Deposit Addresses for All Users
- Update to the BEP2 Community Listing Program
- Binance Will Support Stratis (STRAT) Staking & Launch a 50,000 STRAT Initial Staking Reward Airdrop
Binance will be adding support for Stratis (STRAT) staking, starting August 3, 2019. Stratis rewards will be in addition to the staking rewards Binance already supports, including NEO (GAS), Ontology (ONG), VeChain (VTHO), Tron (BTT), Stellar (XLM), Komodo (KMD), Algorand (ALGO), and Qtum (QTUM).
The next project on Binance Launchpad — Perlin (PERL). The Perlin token sale will follow a lottery & airdrop format, with the recording of user BNB balances starting from 2019/08/09 00:00 AM (UTC).
- Binance added the following trading pairs: COS/BNB, COS/BTC, AERGO/BNB, LOKI/BNB, LIT/BNB, TUSDB/TUSD, MATIC/BNB, DEFI/BNB, NPXS/USDT and NPXS/USDC trading pairs.
- Binance Jersey: BCH/EUR, BCH/GBP, $BGBP/GBP, $BCH/ $SGD. trading pairs
- Binance Singapore: LTC/SGD trading pair
- Binance Margin Trading: BTC/USDC, LTC/USDT, LTC/BTC, ETC/USDT, ETC/BTC margin pairs
Binance Chain Migration
MediBloc will be joining Binance Chain ecosystem created by Binance, the global crypto exchange. With this cooperation, MediBloc ecosystem will be able to achieve high liquidity of MediBloc’s cryptocurrency going forward. As a result, MediBloc will be issuing BEP-2 standard MediBloc token(MEDB), which can be freely converted to the mainnet coin, MED, or vice versa, with 1:1 ratio.
Also, once ready, MediBloc will be submitting a proposal for listing MEDB on Binance DEX. For MEDB to be listed on Binance DEX, your participation will be crucial. Please stay tuned regarding the information about this listing.
The goals of this integration
🗝 Expansion of blockchain ecosystem through interworking between Panacea (MediBloc Mainnet) and BinanceChain.
🗝 MediBloc tokens can be traded on Binance DEX if the listing proposal is successfully approved
🗝 Reach out to more global users
MEDB token(BEP-2) is another form of MED coin that will be used for transactions on top of Binance Chain. The amount of MED coin on Panaceathat is being sent to BinanceChain for MEDB will be locked so that the total circulating amount of coins(both MED mainnet coin and MEDB token) will be unaffected.
Partnerships and team members
Social media metrics:
The charts above illustrate the widespread increase in the number of indicators: Telegram, Twitter, Instagram followers, and Reddit subscribers. In general, Binance experiences a gradual increase in the level of social activity.
- Twitter (Binance) — the official announcement channel.
- Instagram — the official channel which covers Binance team achievements, charitable work and etc. (300–800 likes per publication).
- Reddit — news about projects and blockchain, links to interviews, podcasts, upcoming events.
- Telegram — the official announcements channel (20k — 40k views per publication)
The graph above shows the dynamics of changes in the number of Binance Facebook likes, Reddit subscribers and Twitter followers. The information is taken from Coingecko.com.