Dragonchain: Partnership with data center operating company MetroEDGE, Dragonchain Academy partnership with NEO and it’s first developer course and certification
Biweekly update 7th February — 21st February
This is not financial advice.
During the last two weeks, Dragonchain announced its partnership with MetroEDGE to combine the power of edge computing and the scalability of blockchain. MetroEDGE is a data center operating company focused on building a national grid of state-of-the-art, high-performance, micro data center edge computing facilities in traditionally underserved urban/metro areas. Together, they will provide secure, high-speed computing and storage solutions in emerging communities across the USA. Also, Dragonchan Academy has partnered with NEO to build awareness for the importance of blockchain education and was collaborating across multiple events. The first was Blockchain Seattle meetup on February 13th, 2019 in which Sieng Van Tran was co-presenting with NEO staff. This was followed by Dragonchain Academy’s exhibit at NEO DevCon on February 16th–17th, 2019. Development is still in progress mostly in private repositories. Dragonchain community continues to grow. Despite the fact of growth in other social media, there is a slight decrease in the number of subscribers of Dragonchain Telegram channels and subreddits these weeks. And the last, but not the least — Dragonchain Academy’s first developer course and certification releasing tomorrow, on February 22th, 2019.
Also there are private repositories (~100 private repositories on commercial github).
Dragonchain CEO Joe Roets in Official Telegram group:
“Dragonchain, Inc. began in 2017 and has been developing the enterprise and scalable platform on multiple private and proprietary repositories.
We’ve stated from the beginning that we intend to make the open source codebase network compatible with the commercial platform. We expect to do that sometime in 2019, and will involve an update to the open source codebase.”
- 20th Annual Privacy and Security Conference on February 6th — 8th, 2019, Victoria, BC.
The Dragonchain team was presenting with Perkins Coie on the subject of blockchain as it pertains to privacy. See also Dragonchain recap livestream with Product Marketing Director, Danny Luedke (February 13th, 2019)
- Blockchain Seattle meetup on February 13th, 2019 in which Sieng Van Tran, President of the Dragonchain Academy, was co-presenting with NEO staff.
- Dragonchain Academy’s exhibit at NEO DevCon on February 16th–17th, 2019.
- Webinar: How Blockchain is Reshaping Privacy: Live webinar from Danny Luedke on blockchain and privacy on February 20th, 2019. He follows up on the PSV20th presentation and discusses best practices surrounding regulations such as GDPR.
- Dragonchain Academy’s first developer course and certification releasing on February 22th, 2019:
Learn how to write and deploy smart contracts on the Dragonchain platform. Sign up to Daragonchain Academy mailing list to get first access to this course.
- Dragonchain Wyrm Holes give you the ability to transfer tokens from one blockchain network to another. Learn more here.
- DragonScale — Publication of model
- DragonScale — Competition launch
- Academy — Additional courses
- Academy — Productized LMS
- Takara — Adoption metrics reporting
- Privacy Products — whitepaper
- Consulting services launch
- Commercial platform — on premise capabilities
- Commercial platform — sandbox (LAB)
- Time Products — Marketplace listing
- Marketplace — vendor enrollment features
- DragonDen — launch
- Patent — licensing standardization
- Commercial Platform — expanded dashboard features
- Privacy Products — Launch
- Dragon Factor — expanded features
- Commercial Platform — multi-cloud capabilities
Partnerships and team members
- Dragonchain and MetroEDGE bring Industry 4.0 EDGE computing and blockchain to underserved U.S. communities: Dragonchain and MetroEDGE partner to overcome data obstacles and create jobs and educational programs.
Dragonchain, a technology leader in the blockchain space, and MetroEDGE, a microdata center company, announced that they will partner to create EDGE computing and storage solutions throughout the USA.
The partnership will help create jobs and provide a technological curriculum in community colleges.
“This groundbreaking partnership bridges the digital divide in inner-cities,” said MetroEDGE COO Jeremy Diamond. “Dragonchain provides real enterprise business solutions. Combined with our unique high-performance edge computing, storage, and security technology, we are creating an exclusive capability.”
Dragonchain and MetroEDGE will accelerate Industry 4.0 by leveraging the security and scalability of Dragonchain’s architecture and MetroEDGE’s high-performance EDGE compute and storage grid. The platform is designed to serve IoT, healthcare, supply chain, and other industry 4.0 needs. It will allow companies to plug their pre-existing application layers into a complete EDGE computing solution.
Dragonchain’s flexible blockchain platform will be a vital piece of MetroEDGE’s secure, high-speed closed network, making its full-stack solution ideal for large enterprises.
“This partnership is strategic, as it combines the power of high-performance computing, and the scalability of our blockchain technology in one solution. It ignites a very broad range of blockchain applications, focused on total privacy and speed,” said Filip Hantson, Vice President of Strategic Business Development.
MetroEDGE’s performance microdata centers will be based in emerging communities throughout the nation. As a Minority Business Enterprise firm, MetroEDGE will affect positive social impact with the best blockchain technology available through Dragonchain.
Metro Edge Technologies, LLC is a data center operating company focused on building a national grid of state-of-the-art, high-performance, micro data center edge computing facilities in traditionally underserved urban/metro areas. MetroEDGE will provide very low latency (fast fiber connectivity) high performance storage and compute. Learn more here.
- The Year Of The Blockchain Engineer in Dragonchain Academy blog:
President of the Dragonchain Academy, calls 2019 the Year of the Blockchain Developer. To kick off the Lunar New Year, Dragonchain Academy has partnered with NEO Blockchain to build awareness for the importance of blockchain education.
Here are the main factors from 2018 Sieng Van Tran, President of the Dragonchain Academy, believes will make this the year of the blockchain developer:
- Interchain as the Bridge Between Development to Deployment for Blockchain Projects
- Education and Training Driven by Demand and Salary
- The Rise of Blockchain in International Markets
Dragonchan Academy has partnered with NEO to build awareness for the importance of blockchain education and will be collaborating across multiple events.
Dragonchain is currently in phase 1 of its Dragon Den closed beta. If you’re interested in participating in phase 2, fill out the form to sign up.
Tenacious Dragon 🤘 @TenaciousDragon (on February 9th, 2019):
Jonel (admin): “Don’t pay attention to rumors. There’s too many in this industry guys. Pay attention to our fundamentals. Pay attention to what we are doing. What we have public that’s public. What we don’t have public is because of legal NDAs.”
Aaaaand we are back at ICO price (on February 7th, 2019).
6 Low Cap Cryptocurrencies (under $200 Million USD) I Have My Eye On on Publish0x.com: Including DRGN.
Social media metrics
Facebook — announcements, 25–50 likes, 5–10 shares.
Twitter — Average number of retweets is 50–100 for one post.
- Dragonchain Academy Twitter — since November 26th, 2018.
- Dragonchain Academy Medium — since January 10th, 2019.
- Dragon Factor Twitter — since November 26th, 2018.
Bitcointalk.org — since August 17th, 2017. Last post — on February 19th, 2019: latest news, price, etc.
Dragonchain also has Kakao talk for koreans.
The graph above shows the dynamics of changes in the number of Dragonchain Facebook likes, Reddit subscribers and Twitter followers. The information is taken from Coingecko.com.