ENIGMA: Token Snapshot is Complete
Biweekly update 24th September — 8th September
The ENG token snapshot ran from August 26th to September 24th, 2019. This was a one-month window during which daily snapshots of mainnet ENG token holdings were taken on a wallet-by-wallet basis. One snapshot was taken per day at a randomly determined hour. Plus the average holdings by address have been calculated — i.e. the sum of holdings from each snapshot divided by the number of days in the snapshot window. Enigma launched new and improved secret contracts and now it’s never been easier to write your own privacy-preserving smart contracts. More to follow!
Privacy doesn’t mean what you think — and it’s even more important than you believe. In this energetic presentation (originally given as a keynote at the Voice of Blockchain conference), Enigma Head of Growth Tor Bair presents the case for privacy — and why the end of privacy could mean the end of our freedom as individuals.
Enigma is an open-source project focused on bringing privacy to public blockchains and smart contracts, finally allowing them to use private and sensitive data. This video is part of the “Why Enigma?” series, explaining the ethos of Enigma’s project and the importance of its technologies.
The ENG token snapshot ran from August 26th to September 24th, 2019.
This was a one-month window during which daily snapshots of mainnet ENG token holdings were taken on a wallet-by-wallet basis. One snapshot was taken per day at a randomly determined hour.
You can see these average holdings (and daily snapshots) by address at http://enigma.co/snapshot
What’s next on the Genesis Game timeline?
- The snapshot has concluded and average holdings have been calculated!
- NEW: Within the next week, Enigma will be releasing a detailed post with all the technical steps remaining between this point and the mainnet launch of Enigma.
- In partnership with community members, Enigma will be releasing guides for individuals who wish to run their own secret nodes during the Genesis Game — either locally or with cloud providers.
- Before the deployment of testnet, Enigma will begin an external audit of Enigma’s protocol. The team is in the process of finalizing a contract with a major security auditing firm. This will involve an audit of every component that comes into play in its network — Enigma-Core, EnigmaP2P, and the Enigma Contract. This audit will also include any applications that Enigma intends to provide at mainnet launch.
- As mentioned above, testENG tokens will be distributed based on average holdings during the snapshot period. Enigma plans to take this step very close to the deployment of Discovery on testnet, not far in advance.
- The Discovery release of Enigma’s protocol will be deployed on Ethereum testnet. This is the beginning of the “testnet period”. The Genesis Game will not begin on the day of deployment, in order to give node operators time to set up and test their nodes.
- The Genesis Game begins and runs for a period of four weeks.
- Genesis Nodes are selected based on their Genesis Score during the game period.
- launch on a public ethereum test network
- ‘Genesis game’
Partnerships and team members
Social media metrics
The charts above show the decline in the number of Twitter and Telegram followers.
Telegram — Telegram HQ for the Enigma Project.
Secret Nodes Community Telegram — a community-led group of individuals who care about privacy, data ownership, and are dedicated to supporting secret node runners.
Twitter — The official announcements channel. The average number of retweets is 40 for one post. Publications with 30–100 likes.
Reddit — Threads with 6–20 comments, 10–30 upvotes.
Enigma’s secret nodes sub-forum
The graph above shows the dynamics of changes in the number of Enigma Facebook likes, Reddit subscribers and Twitter followers. The information is taken from Coingecko.com