Fusion: Awarded ‘Most Valuable Project’, Time-Lock video, John Liu as Head of Product Strategy
Biweekly update 4th March — 18th March
This is not financial advice.
These weeks Fusion got an important recognition of its previous achievements and progress: project received two awards at the World Blockchain Security Conference held at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. The company was awarded ‘Most Valuable Project’ and Chief Operating Officer, Josie Jiang, was recognized as an ‘Outstanding Contributor.’ Also, Fusion adds to the team John Liu as Head of Product Strategy. Tech team keeps making progress with development. Last week they published a new video on Fusion Time-Lock, explaining how this feature can simplify management of restricted equity trading periods and open up new liquidity opportunities. These weeks Fusion illustrated high social activity in the media landscape: DJ Qian keeps on posting on twitter, there were an interview and AMA on official subreddit on recent Fusion partnership with Automotive eXchange Platform (AXP). Fusion community continues to grow slowly, social media dynamics shows that it remains virtually unchanged. There are slight fluctuations in the number of token holders.
- Fusion Time-Lock: Restricted Trading Periods: New video.
How Fusion’s time-lock feature can simplify management of restricted equity trading periods and open up new liquidity opportunities.
More time-lock use-cases are explored in a previous Fusion video ‘Fusion Time-Lock: 5 Use Cases for a Time-Based Transaction Ledger’.
- P-FSN Genesis Block Balances: Check out your P-FSN balance in the attached Excel spreadsheet.
- Relevant links for the PSN network:
- How to Get Involved, Test, Earn and Learn on the Fusion PSN, Plus Additional Information:
- Fusion Awarded ‘Most Valuable Project’ and COO Josie Jiang Recognized as an ‘Outstanding Contributor’ at The World Blockchain Security Conference:
Fusion received two awards at the World Blockchain Security Conference (WBSC) held at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in the Nanshan District of Shenzhen, China. The company was awarded ‘Most Valuable Project’ and Chief Operating Officer, Josie Jiang, was recognized as an ‘Outstanding Contributor.’
Upon receiving the World Blockchain ‘Most Valuable Project’ Award, Chief Operating Officer Josie Jiang shared, “FUSION is a cross-chain, cross-organizational, cross-data source encrypted financial smart contract platform. The vision of FUSION is to establish a platform-level public chain in the era of crypto-finance, to cross different communities and tokens, and facilitate comprehensive financial functions. FUSION will also continue to explore connecting the key value transmission of centralized and decentralized organizations, and contribute to the establishing of the era of values.”
The awards received at the WBSC are recognition of FUSION’s previous achievements and progress, and serve as the foundation for the future of the company’s leadership in this new era of digital business.
- Q&A: How blockchain can reduce automotive industry fraud on Digital journal: Fusion Head of Product John Lui discussing how Fusion and AXP are driving down fraud and accelerating innovative financing options in the auto industry.
- Post your AMA questions for Fusion x AXP interview on Fusion subreddit: an opportunity to submit questions that will be included in the Q&A between Fusion and its new partner Automotive eXchange Platform (AXP).
Fusion Past Events:
- 27 Nov — Blockchain Summit Dubai 2018
- 1 Jul — Chainers 2018 Summit in Seoul
- 29 Jun — Meetup in Amsterdam
- 27 Jun — Meetup in London
- 14 Jun — Ethfinex Exchange Listing
- 31 May — Tesnet Release
- 16 Mar — AMA on Reddit
- 15 Mar — Design Contest Submission Deadline
- 11 Mar — SXSW Conference in Austin
- 22 Feb — Cobinhood Exchange Listing
- P-FSN Genesis Block Balances: Check out your P-FSN balance in the attached Excel spreadsheet. Search (Command+F) for your public address, the corresponding number represents the quantity of P-FSN tokens that will be available to you in your Fusion PSN wallet.
From Fusion Whitepaper:
From Official Telegram group:
Rudy (@RkadSG, admin):
“No roadmap available yet, we are progressing with stagenet approximately December 10th 2018, then will launch mainnet according to the testing progress”.
Partnerships and team members
- Fusion Adds Head of Product Strategy, John Liu, to Team Roster: Team Fusion is pleased to welcome John Liu as its Head of Product Strategy.
John Liu grew his career in the financial sector, both within investment companies and leading product teams. He’s managed portfolios of bonds, credit and equity derivatives exceeding $1 billion in exposures and worked at hedge funds like Capstone, Artesian, and King Street. On the product side, he’s built enterprise products and platforms in Risk, Portfolio Analytics, and Data used by both buy side and sell side firms, including bulge bracket banks and the top 10 asset managers in the world.
With a passion for innovation and developing what’s next, John began exploring how multiple companies were building-out financial applications using Blockchain. He was particularly interested in the vision of Fusion’s founder, Dejun Qian, and began working with the team last year.
John’s excitement for the Fusion platform extends beyond its applications for finance, as he continually uncovers new applications in other industries.
Some of John’s recent thoughts have been published to the Fusion Medium Channel:
- Blockchain Technology Breakthrough Pushes The Global Financial Revolution Forward
- Realizing the ‘Internet of Value’ Now Closer Thanks to New Blockchain Technology Breakthrough
John was also responsible for the video ‘Fusion Time-Lock: 5 Use Cases for a Time-Based Transaction Ledger’.
My favourite Q&A from @Ethfinex AMA.
Q) Why would a business build on Fusion?
1) Fusion’s time-lock feature and view on time-based TXs allows institutions to recreate many complex, and industry specific transactions on our platform. We are working on numerous POCs.
3) Fusion’s focus on building solutions that solve real commercial needs, today. #FSN
“Enjoyed reading Fidelity @DigitalAssets’s paper on ‘Custody in the Age of Digital Assets’, they are creating institutional caliber custody services for digital assets. Means more opportunities for HSM providers and ECDSA Encryption Technology like DCRM”
- DJ Qian — @djqianfusion on March 11th 2019 on Why an Indie Music Distributor Wants to Manage Artists’ Careers article:
“Exciting work by @chadcascarilla and @PaxosGlobal to create frictionless transfer of digital assets. With regulated asset authorities like PAX, @FUSIONProtocol’s ability to swap assets and create derivatives is a step forward for digitization.”
- DJ Qian — @djqianfusion on March 14th 2019 on IBM Quietly Enters Crypto Custody Market With Tech Designed for Banks article:
“Hardware security modules (HSM) and DCRM software are the next innovations for custody of digital assets. @IBM have the first part figured out. Let’s chat @rbadlaney about making the software part a reality.”
- @YonaTak (admin): “Main net will go live after PSN, we are in the process of testing and improving the PSN network. I can’t attach a date to main net. We have a plan internally on when we think main net launch will happen but at this stage we are not ready to make any announcements or commitments”.
Social media metrics
Twitter — Average number of retweets is 30–60 for one post.
Fusion Community Twitter: since October 19th, 2018.
FUSION Developers Announcements Telegram channel: since December 31st, 2018. 171 followers (January 15th, 2019 ), 174 (February 12th, 2019), 173 (March 12th, 2019)
Facebook (till May 2018) — announcements, 10–15 likes, 1–2 shares.
Bitcointalk.org: since January 20th, 2018. Last post — on March 12th, 2019. Discussion on PSN, latest news, price, etc.
Fusion forum. Popular topics:
- [Guide] Setting up the TestNet on Linux (Ubuntu 16.04)
- Supreme Node, a little digging and some math
- Hi everyone and welcome!
- Price Prediction EOY
- Guardian of the Fusion temple
The graph above shows the dynamics of changes in the number of Fusion Facebook likes, Reddit subscribers and Twitter followers. The information is taken from Coingecko.com.