Humanode: The number of mainnet validators hit 360, Discord initial implementation, Everything you wanted to know about the Humanode Fee Distribution mechanism, Humanode Hangout is back, and more!
Biweekly update vol.40, 29th December — 11th January
2023, here we go! Crypto fans and tech enthusiasts, welcome to the first Humanode biweekly recap for the year! The last two weeks were full of hard work — so let’s point out some key updates.
The Humanode mainnet is up and running. With it, Humanode became the first crypto-biometric blockchain network where one human = one node = one vote that brings Sybil resistance and innovative governance models to the crypto industry using biometric technology. These weeks, the mainnet has hit more than 360 validators (359 at the time of writing) and the numbers keep increasing. It is always a pleasure to see the network grows!
The current Humanode’s development progress was minutely shared in the Huamnode regular update. As for the network development, they implemented more precise key type requirements at bioauth-keys and proper is_authority field at Eth rpc, as well as removed unused code related to frontier-api and primitives-frontier. Also, the team implemented smart contract interactions with eth contract.
Moreover, the Humanode team has been working on integration with Discord. During these weeks, they refactored and made logic corrections, added an extension creation clause to database-migrator and libpq to the database-migrator docker image, and switched to processing JWT via JWKS for Humanode.
In the freshly-published blog post, the Humanode team discusses the fee distribution and bootstrapping fund and their approach to handling them. A must-read!
That’s all for today. Join the team this week on the first of 2023 Humanode Hangout in Discord! And may this year bring you new happiness, new achievements, and a lot of new inspiration!
Humanode Mainnet is here
Beginning as a dream in 2017, put into action in 2020, and 4 public testnets with over 10,000 unique participants starting in 2021, Humanode has launched the first crypto-biometric blockchain network where one human = one node = one vote that brings Sybil resistance and innovative governance models to the crypto industry using biometric technology.
Be sure to claim tokens as you need some to deploy the node:
- Token claim: https://token-claims.mainnet.stages.humanode.io/
- Launcher: https://launcher.humanode.io
- Guides (Validator and Token claim): https://gitbook.humanode.io/mainnet-guide/
- In-depth docs: https://gitbook.humanode.io/docs/
- Airdrop article: https://blog.humanode.io/sybil-resistant-retroactive-airdrop/
• Humanode’s Sybil defense is crypto-biometric based, meaning that there is no PoW or PoS. No changes have been made for the mainnet so Humanode is the first network ever to deploy a consensus safeguarded purely by Proof-of-Uniqueness and Proof-of-Existence of human beings.
• By design all human nodes are equal in terms of validation power.
• Besides the mainnet the team is also going to launch a canary network, a testnet for the mainnet, and a testnet for the canary network to give tools to build some really creative stuff.
• As on Ramiel and Gaghiel consensus mechanism that is utilized is Grandpa + Babe with the hard consistency threshold at 66% + 1, or more specifically a BFT formula of n = 5f + 1, where n — all human nodes and f — malicious nodes.
The team noticed that some users are facing issues in claiming airdrop tokens.
So far, they found out that some users haven’t mapped their addresses while others were facing issues with the mapper, and they contacted the team to resolve it. Currently, the team is working on solving this issue, and rest assured that anyone who participated in the testnet before August 16th and mapped addresses can claim the tokens.
So if you are unable to claim the token, please fill in this Google Form with all the details.
Testnet 4 ‘Gaghiel’
Testnet 4 “Gaghiel’’ is focusing on token claims, vesting, and unlocking systems that the team uses to distribute tokens at TGE. Gaghiel is open to everyone. If you’d like to run testnet 4, this is specially prepared for you: https://link.humanode.io/testnet4
Click here to read the details about Gaghiel.
🔺To check how the network runs🔺:
If you have any questions reach the Humanode team on:
▲ Telegram Chat ▲
▲Troubleshooting channel on Discord ▲
Humanode Dev Updates
Here are the bi-weekly updates on the Humanode network.
- Humanode Network
🔺Implemented more precise key type requirements at bioauth-keys
🔺Implemented Proper is_authority field at Eth rpc
🔺Removed unused code related to frontier-api and primitives-frontier
- Discord Integration
🔺Refactored and made logic corrections
🔺Added extension creation clause to database-migrator
🔺Added libpq to the database-migrator docker image
🔺Switched to processing JWT via JWKS for Humanode
🔺Implemented smart contract interactions (with eth contract)
Awareness & Events
Everything you wanted to know about the Humanode Fee Distribution mechanism
As you all have been asking about the criteria for distributing fees in the Humanode Network. The team has laid down everything about the Humanode fee distribution mechanism in detail. Give it a read to understand how the fee is distributed in the network.
To make sure that the Humanode path is aligned with the vision the team has also released a roadmap to highlight the milestones after the mainnet.
Check it out here.
- Human nodes, got 10 seconds? Please help the team complete the survey by clicking the link here.
- Scam alert: there is a Humanode Hub named group with a different handle. Check humanode.io for links.
Subscribe to Paradigm!
Medium, Twitter, Telegram, Telegram Chat, LinkedIn, and Reddit.
For more information check out Humanode’s: