ICON: Kraken Lists ICON (ICX)
Biweekly update 4th September — 18th September
During the last two weeks, ICON illustrated the average level of social activity. Popular cryptocurrency exchange Kraken has listed ICX. On Kraken, the coin will receive pairs with BTC, ETH, USD, and EUR. Trading kicked off on September 12. Kraken is very selective in the cryptocurrencies they list, with only 21 cryptocurrencies currently listed. Additionally, Kraken offers direct deposit options, providing an avenue for direct fiat to ICX purchases. More to follow!
- Interview with Min Kim Co-Founder of ICON | AC3 & MouseBelt
- Aero Systems West Partners with UBIK Capital to Improve Drone Operations using the ICON Blockchain
Aero Systems West (ASW) has partnered with UBIK Capital to increase the safety and security of commercial drone operations utilizing the cutting-edge ICON blockchain. “The immutability and provenance of drone data stored on a blockchain has huge potential to improve commercial drone operations,” said Ron Marconet, COO of ASW.
ASW specializes in professional-grade heavy-lift drone systems. An ASW drone recently made history by completing the first drone package delivery in Antigua. This test included the fully-autonomous delivery of a defibrillator over a distance of 2 miles and was completed by Drone Delivery Systems in partnership with UN Ops, Antigua Computer Technology (ACT), the Government of Antigua.
Professional drones operate with little room for error and ICON offers high speed and low latency necessary for commercial operations. UBIK Capital team member Russell Shirey has worked with ASW previously, enabling the teams to move forward rapidly. UBIK Capital will provide resources to assist in software development and ICON infrastructure, while ASW will provide drone software, hardware, and flight testing support. ASW COO Ron Marconet will join the UBIK Capital team to directly assist in the integration of the two teams.
Initially, the teams will develop technologies to explore drone data sharing, safety, reliability, and tracking improvements. The teams will rapidly prototype, develop, ground test, and then flight test these new technologies, exploring the feasibility of ICON blockchain technology with drone operations.
- A Quick Overview Of Icon Project
- ICON ICX Seen As A High Impact Social Project
- UBIK Capital ICON P-Rep Candidate Overview
- Is ICON (ICX) still in the game among smart contract blockchain projects?
- The RHIZOME Report, Episode 5 (A Chat with Radiofriendly of ICONation)
- What we did so far Piconbello Report #1
- Comparing Distributed Ledgers by Game of Thrones Use Case — ICON
- Everstake Weekly Update Recap (September 16, 2019). Events, Nodes, and Updates
- September Update from Blockmove
- Starting September 12th, you can purchase and trade ICX, the native token for the ICON network, on Kraken, a leading U.S. based cryptocurrency exchange
- Release the Kraken! ICON listed on a prominent exchange
As Binance closes its doors to US Customers, a large amount of ICX trading volume goes away. However, as Alexander Graham Bell said, “when one door closes another one opens.” This quote rings true in the case of ICON: the open door comes as an ICX listing on the US-based Kraken cryptocurrency exchange. Kraken released a blog post stating they will list ICX on September 12th! Founded in 2011, Kraken ranks #6 on CoinGecko (shown below), and #4 in terms of 24H normalized volume ($100,096,725 at the time of this writing). While Kraken is based in the US, the exchange provides cryptocurrency trading services worldwide.
The significance of this listing cannot be overstated. Kraken is very selective in the cryptocurrencies they list, with only 21 cryptocurrencies currently listed. This number matches Coinbase, another selective US-based exchange. The selectiveness of these exchanges can be attributed to strictly following US regulations and also seeking quality over quantity. As a comparison, Binance currently has 167 cryptocurrencies listed. While Binance is certainly a successful worldwide exchange, they have not stated plans to list ICX on their future US exchange, providing the way for Kraken to attract many US-based ICON investors who formerly traded on Binance.
Additionally, Kraken offers direct deposit options, providing an avenue for direct fiat to ICX purchases. Kraken will list ICX/USD, ICX/EUR, ICX/XBT, and ICX/ETH trading pairs.
- The incentive distribution function for P-Reps and Voters (Stabilization → Completed)
- P-Rep/Voter are rewarded with ICX
- Launch DID based service with business partner (In Development → Completed)
- DID based service is launched with business partner
- Interoperability with heterogeneous chains launch by the end of 2019
- ICON interchain protocol BTP will be available by the end of 2019
- The first ICONgress will be organized in 2019
Partnerships and team members
Social media metrics
The charts above illustrate a slight decline in the number of Telegram and Twitter followers. In general, the ICON foundation experiences an average level of social activity.
The graph above shows the dynamics of changes in the number of ICON Reddit subscribers, Twitter followers, and Facebook likes. The information is taken from Coingecko.com.