Ontology: MovieBloc collaboration, 8th consensus node added, C++ and Rust WASM-based smart contract CDK complete, ont.io is down
Biweekly update 26th March — 9th April
During the period of two weeks, Ontology hasn’t been extremely active. Nevertheless, team and community are deeply thrilled about MovieBloc participation in developing of Ontology ecosystem. They seek to reform the film industry with blockchain technology and create a system for all film distribution participants, instead of a simple content platform for content providers and consumers. New monthly update on Ontology progress has been released, featuring the most important stuff: development progress, newly released, community growth, events, etc. Ontology Global Capital (OGC), an Ontology-related business and investment company, has reportedly made investments in 14 different projects. The project categories include layer 2 protocol developers, dApp creators, exchanges, public blockchains and various other initiatives. Ning Hu, Senior Architecture Expert at Ontology, participated in the ITU Focus Group in Madrid. The meeting was supported by Spain’s Ministry of Economy and Business Affairs and included a workshop on DLT and Sustainable Development Goals. Saigon meetup was successful, receiving just over 100 attendees, an exceptional number for a public blockchain project event there. There is a slight decrease in the number of telegram subscribes, despite this, the community keeps growing. Stay with Paradigm, stay up-to-date!
- Check out the brand new website! But eventually, it does not work.
- Ontology’s consensus network was recently increased to 8 consensus nodes from 7. Jumple Foundation has joined the consensus network, with a current total stake of 5,000,000 ONT. Read more about VBFT, Ontology main chain’s consensus algorithm.
- According to Ontology monthly update:
- OGC portfolio DefiLab will become the first IEO project on BitZ Group on April 10th HKT. Great work leading decentralized financial services with blockchain technology. Defi Data Collaboration Protocol provides credit fraud detection service in phase one. When a consumer lending company receives a loan application and is not sure about the applicant’s risk level, it could initiate a credit fraud detection request. The results from Defi’s Credit Fraud Detection system gives accurate information and aids in making business decisions.
- MovieBloc and the traffic it will bring. The participants in the MovieBloc ecosystem include:
Creators: Individuals or groups with content distribution rights, such as content providers and directors. Creators receive their share of the revenue automatically from MovieBloc smart contracts.
Curators: People who advertise and curate films. Curators can hire translators or designers to market films and make a profit.
Translators: Translators can be hired by curators or make subtitles voluntarily and receive donations from creators or viewers.
Users: Users can be rewarded by reporting illegal content and writing film reviews.
Foundations: Supporters of the MovieBloc ecosystem aim to provide an optimal environment for users. Foundations will also plan and execute offline marketing events.
Architecture of MovieBloc:
MovieBloc consists of three layers: the decentralized core, the service layer, and the application layer. Most of MovieBloc’s content is stored on cloud servers and databases. Blockchains are mostly used for storing hash indexes of transactions and data.
- Finding trust in a trustless digital environment, with blockchain. Blockchain has exhibited the capacity to disrupt the status quo for digital identities and insightful pioneers with digital identity solutions like Li Jun from Ontology are already taking advantage of that.
- Over 1.5 Million Transactions Logged, 21 dApps Launched — read here.
- Event recap: Ontology’s Saigon Meetup. On Thursday, March 28th, Ontology held an event in Saigon, Vietnam, titled “Distributed Technology — Build The Future”. The event was a hit, receiving just over 100 attendees, an exceptional number for a public blockchain project event in Saigon.
- Read more about Upcoming Airdrops from the Most Exciting Project in Asia, Powered by Ontology.
- Ning Hu, Senior Architecture Expert at Ontology, participated in the ITU Focus Group in Madrid. The meeting was supported by Spain’s Ministry of Economy and Business Affairs and included a workshop on DLT and Sustainable Development Goals. Read more here.
- April 11–12 — Chain Plus Asia Pacific New Blockchain Summit in Singapore.
- More blockchains available on GuardaWallet. Introducing multi-currency Web, Desktop and Extension wallets supporting OntologyNetwork. Secure ONT and ONG storages and exchanges are here for you.
- Support for Mpc and more cryptographic algorithms
- Distributed community framework release
- Distributed trust collaborative platform release
- Distributed financial services release
- Support for more trust collaboration dApps
Partnerships and team members
- You can join MovieBloc telegram now to get over 100 million MBL airdrop.
Social media metrics
The graph above shows the dynamics of changes in the number of Ontology Facebook likes, Reddit subscribers and Twitter followers. The information is taken from Coingecko.com.