State of Stake vol. 40
Paradigm’s biweekly update on Proof-of-Stake ecosystem, 24th December — 7th January
Global Market Overview
The current Staking Market Cap (valuation of all projects that have a staking mechanism) is now about $ 209.9 billion while two weeks ago it was $106.9 billion USD.
Over the last two weeks, POS Dominance increased from 53% to 62%.
Now, the leading projects by locked in staking are Cardano, Polkadot, Ethereum(!), Synthetix, Algorand, EOS, and Tezos. Cosmos is currently rated 8th.
Current Value in Staking by Asset
Proof-of-Stake Networks’ Updates
- Ethereum 2.0 is up and running smoothly!
- What’s New in Eth2–30 December 2020: A short update from Ben this week with a look at the state of the beacon chain, the testnets and a few blog posts.
- 2020 ETHGlobal Developer Survey: In this post, the ETHGlobal team provides a comprehensive report of the data that they gathered from Ethereum devs.
- Grantee Roundup December 2020: The latest update on the teams that the Ethereum Foundation is supporting via the ecosystem support program including EIP-1559, Gitcoin and more.
- Vitalik shared his year-end thoughts on crypto and a variety of other topics.
- Valid Points: A Year in Review by Your Ethereum 2.0 Staking Experts: Check a digest highlighting a year for Ethereum by industry thought leaders. Tim Ogilvie from Staked elaborated on gas usage, Jun Soo Kim of stake.fish talked on Ethereum’s staking ecosystem, Chandler Song from Ankr pointed out the staking growth, and Mike Garland of Alchemy spoke on Eth 2.0 adoption.
- Proof-of-Stake Was Bigger Than Eth 2.0 in 2020 by Tim Ogilvie.
- The Ethereum 2.0 factor: Changing the way DeFi projects operate on Cointelegraph.
- Latest Week in Ethereum:
Check out our recently-published ‘Defi in Ether’ — biweekly update on Ethereum DeFi ecosystem vol.21 full of news from the ecosystem: $17B in DeFi this week, 1INCH token is here, Curve sETH pool is live, PieDAO is launching YPIE, The Shaula release, 2020 in review from Aave, Uniswap, Synthetix, xDai, Raiden, Ren, UMA, 2021 is going to be wild!
- 2020 SKALE Year in Review: 2020 was a monumental year of achievements for the SKALE Community, Ethereum Community, and crypto as a whole.
- Marketing Update #2: Podcasts: Podcasts are a great source of information on the SKALE Network, here are some of the latest on: Product updates & tutorials, industry influencers and company updates.
- The Graph has announced plans to integrate SKALE Network.
- Road to the Avalanche-Ethereum Bridge: Next month, the Avalanche-Ethereum Bridge will roll out on mainnet, a tremendous effort across multiple organizations including ChainSafe, Protofire, Hashquark, POA Network, and Avascan. The Bridge will enable a seamless, two-way flow of assets between the Decentralized Finance (DeFi) ecosystems across Avalanche and Ethereum.
- Reef Launching Support for Avalanche
- Cosmos 2020, a look back
- A new governance proposal seeking 129,208 ATOM for various marketing efforts is currently under discussion.
- Sifchain Announces Peggy, Cosmos — Ethereum Cross Chain Bridge
- A Light-Yearin the Cosmos: Tendermint 2020
- Tendermint has accomplished for the Cosmos community despite these hardships. In this post, Peng Zhong is going over the highlights for 2020 and also give a preview of what’s coming up next.
Check out our latest biweekly update on Cosmos ecosystem vol. 38 covering the following topics: Engineering updates, Starport v0.13 is out, Peggy’s 1st testnet is here, Cosmos Cash unveiled, Injective partners with Terra, Mirror Protocol, and Band Protocol, Solstice testnet V2 is live, The Idena hard fork update activated, and more!
- 2020 IRISnet Annual Highlights
- Phase-1 of IRISnet’s DeFi & Interchain Testnet Bifrost has successfully ended on Jan. 6
- The Ninth Implementation of the Community-centric Delegation Campaign & the Second One-year Token Burn Plan!
- Bianjie was Accredited ISO 9001 & ISO 27001 International Certifications
- Secret Network Tokenomics and Ecosystem Pool: The team introduces a complete look at Secret Network’s tokenomics and announces the new Secret Ecosystem Pool — 20M $SCRT committed to the global growth and adoption of Secret.
- Secret Ethereum Bridge Update: Mining is Coming to Mainnet: Starting January 12th, lock your ETH and ERC-20s on the Secret Ethereum Bridge and you can mine for your share of 500,000 SCRT.
- Band Protocol 2020 Recap
- Injective Protocol Launches World First Decentralized Stock Futures Trading In Partnership With Band Protocol, Terra, Mirror Protocol
- CoinGecko Formalizes New Partnership With Band Protocol to Support Band Standard Dataset and Phase 2
- Tezos 2020 Year-in-Review: The Tezos ecosystem had a successful 2020, with teams from across the world building new products, new developers being onboarded into the ecosystem, and worldwide community engagement, all in the midst of a pandemic that disrupted life as we knew it. Check some highlights of just a few of the many accomplishments in 2020.
- A Closer Look into Corporate Baking on Tezos
- Tezos upgrade analysis — Delphi
- The Wrapped Tezos (wXTZ) beta Guide
- Latest Tezos weekly:
- Polkadot 2020 Roundup: The Polkadot network and community is coming out of 2020 with the wind very much behind its sails. Check a roundup of what the team achieved and what they’re planning to do over the course of 2021.
- The Rococo-V1 Parachains Testnet, a release candidate for parachains on Polkadot and Kusama, is live.
- Ethereum-compatible smart contract platform Moonbeam has integrated Band Protocol to make it easier for Polkadot dapp developers to utilize decentralized data feeds.
- Latest Polkadot Digest:
- Synthetix 2020 — A decade in review
- Manually interacting with multi-collateral loans: The Shaula release deployed two major protocol changes, SIP-97 and SIP-103. Multicollateral loans and sUSD shorts are now live, but only at a contract level — the team will be rolling out the frontend for these new features soon.
- StaFi Q1 Roadmap- Launch and Integration of rToken
- StaFi Protocol Monthly -December Community Updates
- How to build a delegation Mechanism on Phase 0 of ETH2.0
- From Rockets To Blockchains: Formal Verification Pioneered At NASA Applied At Elrond Via Runtime Verification
- Unlocking Powerful Secure Governance Use Cases Via The Elrond Multisig Contract
- Unlocking Significant Growth Opportunities via the eGold ERC20 Token Bridge
- Supercharge Exposure: Sophisticated Traders Get Access to eGold Perpetual Contracts On FTX, Alongside TSLA, AAPL, AMZN Tokenized Stocks
- Paramount Pictures, Legendary Entertainment, Unreal And Unity NFT Collectibles Come to Elrond Via Terra Virtua
- Real-World Assets To Be Tokenized On The Elrond Network Through The OpenDeFi Protocol Developed By OroPocket
- Onboarding The Next Billion People, Toward A Multi-Trillion Dollar Market
-60.8% of the circulating supply remains staked vs. 54.8% at the June 2019
-ICONRepublic.org, a new website built for the community by the community, is now LIVE
-Contribute Proposal System (CPS) is now LIVE on Testnet
-Omm.finance prototype is available
-ICONLOOP is selected as a top 12 enterprise blockchain providers alongside IBM, Paypal, Microsoft, and Visa
-ICONLOOP wins regulatory approval for DID-based Driver’s License
- COTI 2020 in Review
- All-Time High Month for COTI — breaking $15M in December 2020 in Processing Volume
- Meet the Holliday Node — The New COTI Community Node
- CVI Platform and Competition — Update for January 6th
- Why holding Crypto Volatility Index (CVI) was a better trade than holding Bitcoin these last few days
- Everything You Need to Know About CVI: Chapter 3 — Providing Liquidity on CVI
- HyperBC Farm to Officially Launch IOST Liquidity Mining Pool | Tutorial Inside
- Tutorial | How to Buy & Sell NFTs on XLOOT
- XPET’s 2D Game “Dream Monster” is Live on IOST
- IOST Nodes Showcase | 28 Dec 2020
- IOST Awarded “2020 Most Influential Public Chain” & “2020 Top 100 Blockchain Companies” IOST Bi-Weekly Report | Merry Christmas
Mina Protocol (formerly Coda Protocol)
- Mina Protocol’s Testworld adversarial testnet is live.
- EIP-1559 in Filecoin: Filecoin incorporates the EIP-1559 transaction pricing model to make transaction processing on the network more efficient and easier to navigate. This post details the promising impact this decision has had over the course of Filecoin’s mainnet launch.
- A Look Back at Filecoin in 2020: Welcoming 2021 by taking a moment to celebrate the Filecoin community’s achievements in 2020.
- Empowering Filecoin Startups: Highlights from the Storage Market Summit with Filecoin and ETH Global on Dec. 11
- Filecoin Community Highlights: Slate: Slate is the first storage application designed to encourage collaboration and research across a distributed network.
- Investing in the Filecoin Ecosystem
- Injective Launches the First Ever Decentralized Forex Futures Trading
- Injective Releases its First Ever Trading Competition
- Introducing Oraichain Testnet Validator Program: Oraichain is a data oracle platform that aggregates and connects Artificial Intelligence APIs to smart contracts and regular applications. The Oraichain validators will create new blocks and run oracle scripts that are used to execute AI requests. The network and validators are designed to have high modularity and scalability, creating a scenario for easy integrations of new features and components into Oraichain’s network.
- Theta Mainnet 3.0: Introducing TFUEL Staking and Burning: The team announced the next generation Theta blockchain: Theta Mainnet 3.0 projected to launch in the Spring 2021 will introduce TFUEL staking and burning. The full Mainnet 3.0 whitepaper can be found here.
- 8th January, 2021 — Akash Network Validator Show
- 22nd January, 2021 — Cosmos Validator Show
- March 23th-24th, 2021 — TOKEN2049
- stakefish in 2020 by stakefish.
- An Overview Of Everything That Happened At Stakin In 2020.
- Introduction To Binance Smart Chain by Stakin.
- Guides by Everstake: How to stake Switcheo (SWTH) on TradeHub; How to Stake NEAR (Near Protocol) in Moonlet Mobile Wallet: A Simple Guide for Newbies; How to stake NEAR at Dokia Capital: a detailed guide.
- 2020 Roundup by Staking Facilities.
Subscribe to Paradigm!