Tezos: Tezos delegation service hits new heights, Tresor support is here
Monthly update 23rd October — 20th November
- Introducing Kiln — Obsidian Systems’ Kiln is an application to monitor Tezos nodes.
- GitHub update — Announcement of the beginning of Blockchain-based Vehicular Ad Hoc Network design implementation.
6 November — Trezor support is here for the TezBox Desktop
8 November — TzScan, the Tezos block explorer is now open source code. Third parties can now contribute on GitLab. Read OCamlPro’s announcement.
19 November, NYC, USA.
Co-founders of Tezos, Kathleen & Arthur Breitman on Tezos NYC meetup.
21 November (4 Dec, 8 Jan, 5 Feb), Tokyo, Japan.
The management team of Cryptium Labs will present at a bonus Tezos Tokyo meetup.
22 November (27 Dec, 24 Jan, 28 Feb), London, UK. Tezos UK meetup.
Tezos in Asia has seen tremendous momentum over the last few months but this is only the beginning. The UK community is seeking business professionals, developers and potential project ambassadors to help educate enterprises, legislators and startups in blockchain use cases and the value of the Tezos platform.
27 November — Berlin, Germany. Tezos Berlin meetup.
This meetup is for everyone: developers, bakers, investors, Tezos friends, and more.
- Introduction to Tezos;
- Tezos governance by @JacobArluck (coming from NYC);
- How to integrate Trezor support to Tezos web & desktop apps by @jurajselep (coming from Prague);
- Social time.
30 November — Italy, Milan. First ever Tezos meetup in Milan.
25 October — Interview with Kathleen Breitman
24 October — @TezosFoundation posted:
“Continuing with our Grantee Spotlight series, we’re excited to feature Cryptonomic, a Brooklyn-based startup committed to decentralization and digital sovereignty. Check it out and tell us what you think!” Find video here.
27 October — Arthur Breitman explains Why Tezos Rocks (5 reasons) at Web3 Summit 2018.
- Unique proof of stake design goals: fairness and capital efficiency.
- Outcome: non-dilutive inflation and decentralization.
- Smart-contract language goals: readability, security, efficiency.
- High-level VM for smart contracts (typesafe, concise, functional)
- Enforce meta-governance principles code.
Published on October 29, 2018 — September 26th Tezos Decet Meetup At Maize
You can find video here.
30 October — Essentials of Tezos — Why Tezos will be a top 5 Cryptocurrency with Phil Champagne of Hayek Lab
30 October — A conversation about Tezos with fabrice Le Fessant, founder of OCamlPro
1 November — Arthur Breitman opens up about the past — On Decrypt Media.
6 November — On Tezos baking and why crypto staking will become big business in 2019 — check Crypto Insider for more details.
7 November — Ryan Jespersons’ speech at the CV Summit.
7 November — TezosFoundation announced opening up co-office space in Zug, Switzerland
9 November — New Tezos Update Video.
9 November — Kingsland Announces Game-Changing Education Partnership with Tezos at NASDAQ.
10 November — General Tezos Presentation.
12 November — @TezosFoundation announced their partnership with
@b9lab to continue growth and to empower the tezos community and larger blockchain ecosystem.
13 November — Tezos Baking and Bond Requirements explained with Phil Champagne of Hayek Lab
14 November — Tezos & Tykn founders discuss tech culture in the age of blockchain
7 November — HitBTC enabled XTZ withdrawals and tweeted about it.
- Tezos is now available or spendable at simpleswap.io, a direct exchange service similar to Shapeshift.
16 November — Lisk (LSK) and Tezos (XTZ) listed on COBINHOOD Exchange. Deposit, withdrawal and trading functions for LSK/BTC and XTZ/BTC will be available upon listing.
- Betanet launched on the 30th of June 2018.
What’s up next?
- Mainnet went live on Monday the 17th of September. The full announcement can be found here.
- Footage from Tezos event at San Francisco Blockchain Week, where they announced the commitment to train 1,000 new Tezos developers in 2019.
Partnerships and team members
25 October — Decet have been awarded a grant by the Tezos Foundation. Check decet.io for more details.
12 November — [GitHub Open Source Release] OSX and IOS Library, to communicate with the Tezos Network. Reddit thread.
15 November — An Introduction to Tezos RPCs: a Basic Wallet.
15 November — https://coinmine.com supports Tezos. It will upgrade to adapt to the evolving crypto landscape.
19 November — Tezos is a platinum sponsor at POPL 2019.
- Jacob Arluck published on his twitter:
“Update on tezos baking based on a snapshot for the upcoming cycle 50
There are 45,435 rolls (i.e. 454,350,000 xtz) in the cycle 50 snapshot, approaching ~60% of all xtz. And there are now delegates in at least 29 countries (according to http://mytezosbaker.com )”.
- Reddit thread — CTO of Coinbase will support Tezos on their new mining machine. Coinmine One will retail for $799 and start shipping in mid-December.
19 November — Deep Dive Review into Tezos by CrushCrypto.
Social media metrics
There is a slight growth in Tezos community over time.
The graph above shows the dynamics of changes in the number of Tezos Reddit subscribers, Twitter followers and Facebook likes. The information is taken from Coingecko.com.