Tezos: The version 0.5.0 of Kiln, new Conseil release, update on Tezos Athens exploration period, Polychain labs upgraded the open source Tezos HSM signer, New release of the Tezos node and baking daemons
Biweekly update 29th March — 12th April
Tezos is amazing! During the last 14 days, they managed to do a vast amount of work. As it has decentralized nature, teams keep working independently, but extremely harmonized. Developers coped with several improvements in the release of Kiln 0.5.0 including baking, TezBridge proceed some new features — shrinked the size of tezbridge-crypto, added several components in tezbridge-web, added docs for tezbridge-crypto and tezbridge-network. Moreover, The quorum for the second voting phase has been reached, with a supermajority of Yays, so the voting procedure can proceed to its third stage: the test chain for Athens is launched. As for a social side, Tezos teams were quite active over the period: publishing of tezonomics podcast by Jonas and TezosCommons featuring Alison Mangiero of TQTezos, Pietro from Labos Nomades and Matej Sima were speaking on Tezos Vienna. Numerous meetups are planned as usual. Besides, Arthur Breitman will be speaking governance at the Paris Blockchain week on the 16th. The community keeps growing as well as social networks — it seems like Tezos is thrilling a lot of blockchain activists! Maintain reading Paradigm updates and keep yourself on the ball!
- Kiln can now bake on the Tezos blockchain. Version 0.5.0 of Kiln is now available! There are several improvements in this release, but there is one we’re most excited about: baking. You can now use Kiln, along with a Ledger Nano S, to stake on the Tezos blockchain.
- Tezos Weekly #7 — a recap of news, events, and updates this week in the tezos universe. I have to say, this week was a monumental one.
- Shrink the size of tezbridge-crypto
- Add several components in tezbridge-web
- Add docs for tezbridge-crypto and tezbridge-network
- Polychainlabs upgraded the open source Tezos HSM signer to support voting and granular transaction flags so you can now bake, vote and (optionally) transfer with less risk.
- Tezos statement on the 2017 statutory audit completed by PwC_Switzerland.
- New release of the Tezos node and baking daemons, ready for the testchain. The quorum for the second voting phase has been reached, with a supermajority of Yays! This means that the voting procedure can proceed to its third stage: the test chain for Athens is going to be launched soon, approximately Friday April 12th. To accompany that, they just released a new version of the Tezos node and its baking daemons. This release includes many improvements, most notably a new enable-testchain option. Users who want to participate in the test chain should upgrade to this release and run a node with that option.
- ConseilJS, a library for building decentralized applications. ConseilJS connects to the Nautilus infrastructure for high-performance analytics provided by Conseil and for live chain data and operations via the integrated Tezos node.
- There’s a new Conseil release in production. Find out more here.
- Conseil v2 data and metadata API
- Additional tables for Tezos governance data
- Improved data fetching for Tezos
- Parsing of Michelson scripts and parameters from Micheline
- Check out the latest tezonomics podcast by Jonas and TezosCommons featuring Alison Mangiero of TQTezos!
- Kenneth M. Garofalo tweeted “It has been my pleasure to organize, host and grow the Tezos Boston Community over the past year. Join us tomorrow for a premiere event featuring the founders of Tezos Arthur Breitman and Kathleen Breitman” RSVP to Tezos Boston Meetup.
- Pietro from Labos Nomades talking about recent tezos developments. Exciting on Tezos Vienna.
- Arthur Breitman will be speaking governance at the Paris Blockchain week on the 16th.
- April 2nd: Tezos Vancouver Fireside Chat
- April 4th: Tezos Boston Meetup #6
- April 10th: Tezos Vienna #1
- April 18th: TQuorum Paris
- April 23th: Tezos Kyiv Meetup — This is the first ever Tezos meetup in Eastern Europe.
- April 27th: ‘Baking Days’ — Brussels
Partnerships, grants and team members
- Tezos announced that they have issued a grant to New Vector Limited (the company behind RiotChat and supporting Matrix) to support one of the most active online forums in the Tezos ecosystem!
- Get your PBWSummit 2-DAY FULL PASS and benefit from FREE ACCESS to TQuorum: Paris, a daylong tezos conference on April 18th — a third day of programming in JoinstationF, as part of the ParisBlockWeek.
- Coinbase Custody is offering staking services to institutional clients, starting with Tezos.
- Client assets will remain inside Coinbase’s fully insured cold storage at all times, mitigating risk to investors.
- Since staking requires some funds to be kept online, Coinbase will put up its own coins, assuming the risk.
- After deducting Coinbase’s fee, clients can expect to earn about 6.6 percent annually, the firm says.
- Trust Crypto Wallet announced support for tezos $XTZ — securely and conveniently send and receive (staking coming Q2) from TrustWallet. Special thanks to tezoscommons on adding support for Tezos to the Trust Wallet Core libraries.
Social media metrics
The graph above shows the dynamics of changes in the number of Tezos Facebook likes, Reddit subscribers and Twitter followers. The information is taken from Coingecko.com.