TRON: BitTorrent Collaboration With CoinPayments, Tron’s BitTorrent Token Airdrop, the launch of TRON-STATION
Biweekly update 1st February — 15th January
This is not financial advice.
During the last two weeks TRON Foundation illustrated high social activity in media landscape. The main keynote of Binance’s activity was BitTorrent partnership with CoinPayments in order to launch support for native BTT token. CoinPaymentsNET now supports BitTorrent $BTT, enabling millions of users around the world to purchase goods and services from hundreds of online merchants with BTT. To continue, the BitTorrent Foundation initiated its first airdrop to TRON (TRX) holders. Tron embarks on one of the longest airdrop experiments in history, with BitTorrent Token giveaways happening monthly into 2025. Finally, BTT by BitTorrent are available for trading on Hitbtc, HuobiGlobal and Gate.io.
It will display data that allows developers to calculate how much $TRX is needed to freeze/burn to get an amount of energy or bandwidth and the maximum energy limit deploy a smart contract.
- TRON-CLI has an interactive mode, supports Python 3.6, and checks for initialization and configuration. TRON Station has a new and improved UI.
TRON-CLI is a command line tool which allows developers to quickly set up and manage TRON Nodes and service.
TRON Official Website’s ERC20 wallet will no longer support the coin withdraw service, if you need to change ERC20 TRX tokens (which are not in the TRON Official Website’s wallet) to the Mainnet TRX, you can go to the exchange that supports TRX migration (Binance, Kucoin, Gate.io) to continue TRX migration. The exchange will automatically convert ERC20 TRX to the TRX Mainnet coins.
While most of the internet users are familiar with BitTorrent, it’s still not very clear what it’s got to do with the blockchain and how Justin Sun is going to monetize this free file-sharing platform. The article covers the issues mentioned above.
- TRON weekly report 02.02–02.09
- TRON weekly report 01.26–02.01.
- INSIDE OUR CHINESE NEW YEAR ISSUE: YEAR OF TRON
Justin Sun gave interview with blockjournal.io on their newest issue called YEAR OF TRON. The article covers Justin Sun’s life experience, how TRON started, and what’s next.
- Misha Lederman, co-founder of IAmDecentralized.org said in his Twitter post: “That didn’t take long… The founder of #TRON @justinsuntron has, after starting his twitter page 6 years after @VitalikButerin, now surpassed #Ethereums co-founder in followers. It’s a testimony of new vs. old & the hunger in the #crypto space for progress.”
- Misha Lederman, co-founder of IAmDecentralized.org said in his Twitter post: #Ethereum’s @VitalikButerin is asked in Oct 2017: “outside of Bitcoin no one has proved a real long lasting use case for decentralized applications”? His answer: “BitTorrent :)” In Nov 2018 asked: “Could you describe a metagame success?” Answer: “BitTorrent.”
- Misha Lederman, co-founder of IAmDecentralized.org said in his Twitter post: “The good news keep coming when it comes to #TRON: The Top 3 DApps on @DappRadar are now hosted on TRON🥇🥈🥉 To think #TRX has been able to dominate the DApp world so quickly, in under 4 months since activation of TRON Virtual Machine on Oct 12, is nothing short of remarkable”
- Misha Lederman, co-founder of IAmDecentralized.org said in his Twitter post: “#TRON is off to a fast start in 2019, far outperforming all other coins in the Top 10 💹In the last 30 days, the price of #TRX is up +35%”.
- Justin Sun, TRON’s founder, retweeted CryptoHandelaar’s Twitter post: “If all 100M BitTorrent users evenly hold $BTT, that’s only ~10,000 $BTT per user! And if you think the BitTorrent user base is not going to reach 500M, think again. There will be enough supply for everyone to stream and download on the most powerful and decentralized platform!”
- Tron [TRX] Founder Justin Sun’s Facebook Follower exceeds 4 Million
Justin Sun’s Facebook followers exceed the 4 Million mark and this shows that Justin Sun is gaining popularity among the crypto space.
- Review of Justin Sun’s Deck on niTROn Summit 2019
- Misha Lederman, co-founder of IAmDecentralized.org said in his Twitter post: “DApp Ecosystem is growing at exceptional speed”.
- TRON Foundation Account is now verified on Facebook.
Due to the numerous scams based on TRX that have been spreading on Facebook, the management team of the Tron Foundation has negotiated with Mark Zuckerberg’s platform to obtain verification by getting the blue tick. This is expected to protect Tron holders and give Facebook another positive point.
The article reveals the insights that LordLessIo Founder, Eury Chen, offers about their game, their smooth transition to the TRON blockchain and game development.
The article covers plans for the future with your crypto investments. It is important to make sure you have taken into account unprecedented events that can strike down upon you at any moment. The last thing you want is for your investment to be lost in cryptospace forever.
Tron’s founder, Justin Sun has over the years shown his steadfastness and believe in Tron and is now out to improve the value of its native token, TRX. The coin is also one of the best performing cryptocurrencies so far in 2019 making it safe to say that Tron should be watched out for in 2019.
- Market Cap Rankings, BTT Token Launch, DApps, and More Discussed in TRON’s Weekly Report
- Daily Thread: Tron Discussion & Price Talk Welcome Here!
- Community Node’s (CN) new campaign.
CN’s founder, Jason, wanted a new approach to SR candidacy that benefits both voters and investors. He made the CN token (TRUC) representative of how much they have saved as a SR candidate.
Community Nod’s meaning: they have been around since the beginning and want to be a Super Representative that can truly help to improve the blockchain, make it more user friendly, and help other projects get involved. Ultimately, CN aims to be a SR (top 27) and would further increase the value of the coin.
11th February the BitTorrent Foundation initiated its first airdrop to TRON (TRX) holders. In total, 10,890,000,000 BitTorrent (BTT) are currently being distributed, corresponding to 1.1% of the total supply.
Starting Monday, Tron embarks on one of the longest airdrop experiments in history, with BitTorrent Token giveaways happening monthly into 2025.
- BTT by BitTorrent are available for trading on hitbtc against $BTC, $USDT and $ETH.
- BTT is available on HuobiGlobal, you can trade BTT/USDT, BTT/BTC, BTT/ETH.
- TRON showed the best results for the second straight month
The foundations behind top ten cryptocurrencies TRON and EOS were active in January, paying out tens of thousands of dollars in rewards for their respective bug bounty programs.
EOS.io, the company behind the development of the EOS token, had given out bounties for five “critical vulnerabilities,” totaling over $50,000 in rewards. The TRON Foundation was also responsible for paying out bug bounties during the month of January, with a reported four bounties being claimed for a total of $22,700.
Price valuation for EOS failed to see any appreciable change, other than a slight downtick affecting the entire market of cryptocurrency. TRON’s TRX coin also remained stable after news broke of the critical vulnerability discovered.
- Feb TRON was the only coin in the Top 25 that has recorded a positive performance in the 30-day Sharpe Ratio
- BitTorrent (BTT) is now available for trading on leading exchanges as of January 31, 2019
Expected to launch in Q2 2019, BitTorrent Speed is a new product that rewards BitTorrent users with BitTorrent (BTT) in exchange for seeding and bandwidth, enabling faster downloads on BitTorrent products.
The following trading pairs and availability has been announced by Binance, OKEx, Cointiger, Upbit, Bitbns:
Binance: Trading pairs available now BTT/BNB, BTT/BTC and BTT/USDT.
OKEx: Trading pairs that will available BTT/USDT, BTT/BTC and BTT/ETH.
Upbit: Trading pairs available now BTT/KRW.
KuCoin: Trading pairs available now BTT/BTC and BTT/ETH.
Cointiger: Trading pairs that will available BTT/USDT.
Bitbns: Trading pairs available now BTT/INR.
TRX Market: Trading pairs available now BTT/TRX.
The list is not final and will be updated as needed.
Banz Capital Digital Asset Fund LP officially green-lighted the acceptance of Tron (TRX) and Bitcoin (BTC) as viable contributions to the fund. This puts Banz in a finite category of firms, and an even more exclusive category of funds that can verifiably, legally accept Tron as investments.
The Bittorrent token sale and lure of BTT tokens airdropped to TRX holders has driven momentum for Tron.
After the initial token sale on Binance Launchpad ended in a blistering 15 minutes, BTT has been listed on a number of exchanges, most recently OKEx and Upbit.
Bittorrent token has also just been included on Coinmarketcap.com where it currently trades at $0.000503 or 15 satoshis. The ICO raised over $7 million and shifted over 50 billion tokens.
- Koinex is officially supporting the upcoming BitTorrent airdrop and will be distributing the tokens to all the eligible users.
All airdrops will take place on 11th of each month. At the moment the final ratio for the airdrop is approximately 1 TRX = 0.11 BTT. However, this ratio is not fixed as it is dependant on the variable rewards and the burn rate.
Over the next six years, the percentage of airdrop will increase by 0.1% per year, reaching 1.7% in 2025.
The first snapshot for the airdrop will be taken when the block height of TRX reaches 6.6 million. This is expected to happen on 11th February 2019. Based on this snapshot, BitTorrent Foundation will initiate its first airdrop of 10,890,000,000 BitTorrent (BTT), corresponding to 1.1% of total circulating supply.
BTT is a TRC10 token introduced by TRON Foundation and BitTorrent Foundation to extended the BitTorrent protocol in order to create a token-based economy around the usage of networking, bandwidth and storage on hundreds of millions of computers on the internet.
- TRXMarket announced its listing of a new exchange pair BTT/TRX at 11:00 (UTC) on February 1, 2019.
- Litecoin’s [LTC] & Tron’s [TRX] 24 hours trading volume up by 40% and 400% respectively in past 2 months
Cryptocurrency markets may be going through a phase but the trading volume of the top cryptocurrencies are increasing steadily. Both Tron and Litecoin have shown amazing growth. In terms of trading volume growth, these two have surpassed even Bitcoin
Misha Lederman, co-founder of IAmDecentralized.org said in his Twitter post: “#TRON is off to a fast start in 2019, far outperforming all other coins in the Top 10 💹In the last 30 days, the price of #TRX is up +35%”.
Tron’s native TRX token surged by as much as 13% on February 4, 2019 as hype surrounding the recently launched BitTorrent token (BTT) continued to generate interest in the decentralized entertainment platform.
BitTorrent (BTT)’s market capitalization is currently over $150 million. The sum exceeds the amount Justin Sun spent to buy BitTorrent. The deal was reportedly valued at $126 million.
BitTorrent’s ICO was completed in less than 15 minutes, in spite of the fact that it ran in two simultaneous sessions. The ICO sold 59,400,000,000 BTT tokens at $0.00012 a pop, netting $7,128,000 in what seems like record time.
Misha Lederman, co-founder of IAmDecentralized.org said in his Twitter post: “Charts from @dapp_review show that #TRON DApps daily active users (DAU) have skyrocketed from 18,500 on Jan 8 to 62,724 on Feb 6 📈 TRON gained 44,224 new users to its DApp Ecosystem (+239%) in 1 month 🗓️ #ETH lost 4,275 users or -31% #EOS added 9,534 users or +14%”.
BitTorrent (BTT) price has decreased over the past 24 hours, following the entire market which lost around $2 billion overnight. However, the company announced a new upcoming listing which is generally a precursor of the prices going up.
The sale was launched through Binance and in 15 minutes, managed to rake in $7.1 million through the sale of 50 billion tokens. Justin Sun, Tron CEO, announced that the entire lot had been sold with glee over twitter.
In the past 30 days, the valuation of the crypto market dropped from $138 billion to $114 billion by $24 billion. Yet, TRON (TRX) recovered from $0.0127 to $0.0264, by well over 107 percent.
Since December 17, in about five weeks, the Tron price demonstrated a strong gain against both Bitcoin and the U.S. dollar following a series of positive announcements.
- Institutional-Grade Crypto Exchange Lists XRP, EOS, Tron and Stellar, Paired With Bitcoin, Ethereum and Fiat
The Gibraltar Blockchain Exchange (GBX), a regulated, institutional-grade crypto trading platform that handles up to one million orders per second, has listed XRP, EOS, Tron and Stellar, bringing its total number crypto assets paired with Bitcoin to 11.
Between Tron (TRX), Binance (BNB) and BitTorrent, there seem to be a thin line partnership even though Tron — BitTorrent synergy alone is a very big and incredible one.
Over the previous week, the three assets maintained high profile streak in the market topping most coins on the table with their 24 hours added value. They remained on the upside trend for quite a substantial period.
The Tron Foundation may be hard at work, but market dynamics are exerting pressure on TRX. It is down 8.5 percent in the last week despite Roy Liu signing an MoU with two of South Korea’s leading gaming associations.
CoinPaymentsNET now supports BitTorrent $BTT, enabling millions of users around the world to purchase goods and services from hundreds of online merchants with BTT. To learn how to purchase BitTorrent or µTorrent Ads Free or Pro using TRX, BTT, BNB, or BTC, please visit short step-by-step guide.
- TRXMarket announced its listing of a new exchange pair BTT/TRX at 11:00 (UTC) on February 1, 2019. The link to this news you can find here.
- Bitfinex’s support for BitTorrent (BTT) Airdrop Program,
Bitfinex, the world’s leading cryptocurrency trading platform announced full support for the BitTorrent (BTT) Airdrop Program, available to all Tron (TRX) holders.
- Work completed:
- [Smart Contract] Realized splitting the TVM into modules
- [Wallet] Tested multi-signature
- TronGrid v2 released on MainNet
- [Smart contract] implemented the TVM independent jar package
- [Wallet] Added new easy TransferAsset and easy TransferAssetByPrivate interfaces
- Work in progress:
- [Structure] Design deferred transaction technology solution
- [Smart contract] Design side chain infrastructure
- Atlas Exchange API and basic features are ready for wallet integration
- [Architecture] Design delayed the transaction technical solution
- [Smart contract] Development of the test case for the TVM independent jar package
DappRadar is a great tool that displays information about almost all the decentralized applications (Dapps) in existence. The Dapps are grouped in different categories and ranked based on a number of key metrics and analytics. On the Tron network, gambling Dapps constitute the majority. The top 10 Dapps mainly consists of gambling Dapps.
It’s a game-changing blockchain based application that will reward BitTorrent users with $BTT in exchange for seeding and bandwidth, increasing the speed of torrent downloads and creating a healthier ecosystem.
Partnerships and team members
The TRON Foundation’s involvement in the charitable campaign will be through the integration of its blockchain network to track donation distribution. Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), commonly referred to Lou Gehrig’s disease, is a progressive neurodegenerative disorder that affect overs 12,000 individuals in the United States. The ALS Association reports an intention to the release the tracked data to the public following the end of the campaign, presumably to increase charitable transparency but also shed light on the donation habits of its contributors.
Peer-to-peer (p2p) torrent client BitTorrent has announced that its native token, BitTorrent Token (BTT), based on the Tron protocol, is now supported by CoinPayments’ crypto payments gateway.
CryptoDungeons was invited to Tron Arcade, a game that is reminiscent of Final Fantasy and built on Ethereum, but will port over their universe, story, and characters to create a game on TRON. The CryptoDungeons TRON game is currently still in development, but the team plans to announce a presale soon.
The program is designed to provide more value to the Troncard payment ecosystem by opening the platform to qualified projects and their TRON tokens. GRID will enable greater flexibility to the Troncard payment ecosystem. Troncard is dedicated to promoting the adoption and integration of digital currencies into daily life, and making purchasing with digital assets as simple as using a credit card is today.
- Blockchain game developer 0xGames has launched its competitive battler 0xWarriors on the TRON blockchain.
0xGames had quite a successful 2018 and demonstrated the strength and potential of their team. Their flagship DApp, 0xUniverse, has consistently topped the charts and the team has continued to passionately serve their player base.
The 0xGames team has now set its sights on using TRON’s technology to improve their decentralized gaming experiences. More information you can find here.
- TRON’s Meetup in Argentina
Social media metrics
The graphs above illustrate great social activity. TRON has experienced a high growth in the number of Facebook likes and Discordapp followers.