Nothing for Dinner? How About Chicken Nugget Parm!
What are you going to make for dinner?!? It is 4:00pm grocery day, but you don’t shop until after dinner! What are you going to do!
This very scene played out in my kitchen last week. I didn’t have much, but I did have chicken nuggets… and sauce… and cheese… and the willingness to say “Let’s just see what happens.”
Before I get started with the recipe, let me apologize to Morgan Bennett. This is not a healthy recipe (but I will include some healthier alternatives for ingredients below). However, it is easy and satisfying. This is not every day food, but every home cook needs a few recipes like this in their arsenal.
- Chicken nuggets (use your brand of choice, but I used Tyson chicken nuggets)
- 1 bag (8oz) shredded mozzarella cheese.
- 1 jar (14oz) tomato pasta sauce (use what you want, I used Ragu Traditional)
- Fill bottom of glass baking dish with one layer of nuggets
- cook nuggets as directed on bag
- while the nuggets are cooking, warm the sauce on the stove top over low heat.
- When done, remove the nuggets from the oven. Do not turn off the oven.
- Cover the nuggets with a generous portion of sauce
- Sprinkle cheese over sauce
- Return to oven for five minutes and cheese is melted
- Eat, but don’t eat too much. It’s really tasty.
If you do want to make it healthier you could follow the procedure above and swap out the ingredients above for these:
- Vegetarian chicken nuggets (I would go for Morning Star)
- 1 bag shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar sauce (14oz)
Did you find this helpful/amusing/not horrible? If so, click that small green heart below. (That would be swell!)
Jeremy is a stay-at-home dad and sociology instructor. I also write kids’ movie reviews on Medium and conduct a bit of my own sociological research. If you would like to learn more about his other projects, check out his website: www.ProfJeremyBaker.com