PARSIQ
Published in

PARSIQ

PARSIQ Q&A #41

Hey Everyone! This week we have a special Q&A for you. We had almost the entire PARSIQ and IQ Protocol teams gathered together in Tallinn, so we took the opportunity to have a group AMA session.

Keep up to date with all of PARSIQ’s news by following us on our social media channels: Twitter |Telegram | Reddit | Discord |Youtube. And, don’t forget to check out our ongoing incentive program! Participate to earn free $IQT upon the launch of IQ Protocol’s native token!

Below is the transcript of the team Youtube Q&A on Thursday 20th January 2022, just click any of the questions for timestamped links to the video:

Introduction

Tom: Hey Everyone, welcome to today’s AMA. This is a special AMA because we have almost the whole PARSIQ and IQ team here in Estonia for the first time. I think there are around 35 people here (out of almost 50), coming from all around the globe. We have the Product team, the BD team, the Community team, and the Marketing team. Anatoly unfortunately couldn’t make it in person but he’s here for this Q&A session, so feel free to ask questions to any of the teams and we’ll do our best to answer.

Questions

PARSIQ’s announcement channel has been very quiet recently, we are left somewhat feeling abandoned for IQ. What’s upcoming for PARSIQ?

Rong Kai: Hi everyone! First of all, there is a lot coming for the PARSIQ monitoring platform. We have actually have a bunch of stuff, and during this gathering we’ve been thinking a lot about our core concepts and where exactly we want to go with the monitoring platform. We have arrived at some conclusions and made some plans — I won’t be sharing much in detail right now, but we have a lot that is going to be announced very soon. But we’ve been talking about the roadmap for a long while, and I mentioned it on telegram as well. Currently we have an internal roadmap, which I shared with everyone in the company. But we are going to come up with something for the community also, which is going to come your way. When you look at that roadmap it’s going to have both PARSIQ stuff and it’s going to have IQ stuff as well, so Ithink there’s going to be a lot coming your way.

Tom Matta: From a Business Development side, our team know what’s coming down the pipeline from a product perspective. We’ve got a lot of customers that are very interested in what we’re going to be launching in Q1 so there’s more information coming shortly. Also, we’re getting a lot of positive feedback on the new user interface. I think it’s a lot more elegant, it’s a lot more intuitive and it’s a lot of fun to demo, kind of going through and creating triggers and being able to push multiple transports at the same time is a huge upgrade instead of having to create separate triggers for each transport.

Rossi: From the Community side of things, we’re going to really start ramping up our targeted communities. This includes building out our Reddit, and we’re also going to start driving some hype on our Discord — we’re going to really create some developer engagement with, for example, competitions with developers to start being immersed in ParsiQL. And on Telegram, the plan is to keep engagement high, being interactive with the community, having more teams, and a few alpha bombs maybe, I’m not sure.

Anna: I can also add for the Marketing team as well and PR side of things. In the previous AMA, I mentioned a few upcoming things we’re going to doing. One is that we have a huge podcast coming up featuring Tom, which is something probably everyone should listen to. We have a lot of things in the pipeline, we’ve started to work on influencer marketing as well and probably some nice Youtube mentions and Twitter mentions will be here as well very soon.

Anatoly: And maybe I will unveil a bit as well from the engineering team. Because I would say that we’ve improved a lot the ways we manage and process data, especially historical data. And I would say that we could easily outperform our nearest competitors in that field as well, by magnitudes.

Tom: Since Anatoly is here and a lot of the community probably wants to hear from him. So I have a question for Anatoly: what’s your perspective on some of the community thinking that PARSIQ and IQ Protocol will be competing with each other? Is there competition at all, or is it more a symbiotic and synergetic relationship?

Anatoly: I would say that the easiest way to see how IQ will work symbiotically with PARSIQ is the IQ Protocol is about expirable versions of tokens, and the expirations are things which are invisible on the blockchain but they are visible for PARSIQ. It’s a kind of virtual event which is inspired by something that happened in the past on the blockchain for example. At some moment somebody has taken some amount of tokens for one month. After the month, it expires. Nothing happens on the blockchain, but PARSIQ knows it, since PARSIQ is monitoring it all the time. Because of this, we can notify any user of the IQ Protocol — especially those who integrate IQ protocol. It will be another special type of event, events that are not happening right now. They are virtually happening right now, and PARSIQ will easily deliver such events for all IQ Protocol users for smooth integration. This is one of the interesting parts, how IQ interacts with and is powered by PARSIQ’s services.

Tom: Yeah definitely, I think IQ doing well and being used by these enterprises will give PARSIQ a lot of new clients.

How has it felt, having all of the team in one place. Have you made any significant developments?

Rong Kai: I think it’s great that we have everyone from all over the world all in the same place, at the same time. I think it’s not just me! We’ve been talking and one of the common feelings we get is that it’s the first time you actually see someone face to face but it feels like you know each other already, for a long time. We talk remotely on Zoom; we make it a point to switch on our videos; we see each others faces; and we talk about different things. Our conversations are not necessarily just about work, but we also get to know each other. So one of the things, for example, that Ido when working remotely and everyone is all over the world, is Imake it a point to have one-on-ones with everyone in the company. Those one-on-one sessions are not just about work, maybe about half of it (maybe slightly less depending on what we’re working on) are about day-to-day life: your family, about your problems and that sort of stuff. And then when we’re face-to-face it feels like we’ve been friends for a long time. But there’s a lot more deep-diving in person. We’ve had a lot of events, a lot of team building in that sense and all that builds to the kind of meetings that we have during this week as well where we talk about things from the highest strategic level, all the way down to things that we are going to enact in the next few weeks. Perhaps some of the other members of the team would like to share a bit more as well in terms of how we feel?

Simon: It’s been great being here with the whole team! Like Rong-Kai said, meeting everyone face to face makes a big difference. Working asynchronous over slack, over zoom calls can be amazing — sharing ideas over slack, or new product ideas, or which areas we want to go and talk about on the roadmap. But just really being able to have everyone together in one room, have a whiteboard and literally just drawing the connections between out ideas: this is how this part of our protocol and our product and future ideas that we have are really going to connect with one another. This will not only help create demand for $PRQ but really just help solve challenges for our customers. There’s one thing that I’m personally pretty excited about, that I got to chat with the team over. Daniel and I were brainstorming this use case a little bit back and forth. As well as the rest of the team. Yeah, I’m pretty excited about that.

Daniil: Yeah, so for me, I’m really happy to see that people are more than just a Zoom picture. They’re actually alive, and yes, it’s very productive. No matter how professional your call is, when you gather in one room, it’s much easier to make big decisions and to process big ideas. As Simon mentioned, you lockup yourself in one room, you go to a whiteboard and the ideas are born within minutes.

Ana: I guess I can share about the excitement that me and Tom Matta had when we met each other. We were talking about how its almost unbelievable that just one year ago it was only me in the Marketing team and it was only Tom in the BD team. Now the team is huge and everyone is so involved and excited about everything. So, we’re really excited about what’s to come and how huge PARSIQ can become.

Tom: Yeah, I cannot describe the joy of having so many talented people here in one place. It’s really inspiring. I’m learning a lot from all of the team. So I think a lot of headway has been made, a lot of significant developments that we’ll touch upon soon, in this AMA.

When will $PRQ migrate to a new chain?

Tom: Yes, there are definitely plans to do bridges to other chains and list at least on decentralized exchanges on those chains. Doing so means exposure to other ecosystems, so we do have plans for this, no exact timeline. It’s not a huge priority, but it’s definitely on the roadmap.

Is there any information you can provide on a possible working relationship with the new Coinbase NFT Marketplace?

Tom: I don’t think our team has spoken to the Coinbase NFT marketplace team, but obviously it would be good to present IQ Protocol to them for potentially integrating our collateralless NFT renting model. So, I personally do have connections with the Coinbase ventures team and some folks from the Coinbase exchange, so I will ask for an introduction to the Coinbase NFT Team.

It was mentioned an updated roadmap would be shared with the Community, can we expect that soon?

Tom: Well, we actually had a few really productive meetings this week where we finalized the directions we’re going for the next year. There are a lot of exciting new product releases and new use cases that we’ll be focusing on, so I think after everyone leaves this weekend we can start working on a newly designed roadmap to publish on the website.

Anatoly, when can we have another three-hour AMA session with you?

Anatoly: I think that in upcoming months a three-hour session is probably doable. It’s challenging now that a lot of things are happening. But I would say when I am ready to share a bunch of new mathematical things and they are under the hood, I will do this (together with my piano).

Tom: Awesome, let’s plan something. I think your last like three and a half hour session is probably one of the most viewed PARSIQ videos online.

Anatoly: Okay. I would say that now I am preparing a space for creating such sessions more professionally and obviously I will try on our community all the things that we’re installing now, new camera, new microphones and so on.

I want to hear from the newest member of the dev team excites him/her most about PARSIQ and IQ

(Newest dev is not present)

Alex: Yeah, so I’m definitely not the newest one. I joined PARSIQ a long time ago, more than two years ago, I believe. What exactly excites me most, Iwould say, are the challenges that are coming! Solana, for example, is a challenge: processing that huge amount of data, and I’m speaking about historical data. Other challenges that are coming are some infrastructural things that we have. I’m the backend guy, so I’m passionate about servers, about hardware, about tracking code, etc. So all this stuff is driving me and I’m glad that I’m working on this project, because it helps me to fulfill my desires to write code and bring some value to the team and to the project.

Tom: Thank you Alex, there was a time when Alex was the only full time engineer on the project, when the team was small, it’s been quite a journey.

It was mentioned that efforts would be made to get on different Defi TVL ranking websites after the PARSIQ website got updated, are you moving forward with that?

Ana: Yeah it’s definitely planned, we will start putting this information together next week or so. We recently had some more pressing things to do, and after our team gathering is finished we will be more available to do other tasks.

When Binance?

Tom: So, whenever a project is in talks with an exchange for listing, usually it involves a non-disclosure agreement. So obviously there’s no point in asking this, because we couldn’t say even if we wanted to. However I can say that exchange listings are coming… centralized exchanges that I can confirm we’ve made some good headway in. I’m not saying which ones, or whether they’re big or small, but they are coming.

Any news on Coinmetro staking plans?

Tom: $PRQ staking on IQ Protocol is currently on BSC. Coinmetro doesn’t support BSC. So we will have staking on Coinmetro either when we migrate to another chain that Coinmetro does support or when Coinmetro starts supporting BSC (which is highly unlikely.

Could we hear more about Reverse Triggers? Has there been a demand for it from projects building cross chain?

Simon: There’s definitely been some projects — especially cross-chain projects — that have talked to me essentially about how they want to detect an event on-chain (which the ABI Decoder is amazing for) and essentially help trigger another on-chain action on that chain and potentially cross-chain as well. So there’s a great use cases there. Our team is employing a variety of different things when it comes to specific use cases. When it comes to a BD perspective it’s easier to sell end user cases that are alread made and prepackaged, so we’re discussing what are the first ones we want to tackle in that regard. We’re also brainstorming some more ideas but I can’t go into those details for the moment.

Tom: Yeah, we’ll have the updated roadmap released after the team meet-up. We’ll have some more information about what we’re prioritizing on the roadmap.

In 2020 Anatoly introduced us very passionately to the IQ Protocol concept, what is the future service or feature he’s most excited about?

Anatoly: I would say that now, after months of having IQ Protocol functioning and of PARSIQ being the client of IQ Protocol itself, we understand a lot more: that some parts are missing, some parts are not necessary, and that we can greatly simplify everything and add very interesting data structures. For example, structures that allow us to, I would say, ‘do some magic’ without returning coins to pools, without any needed social garbage collection like it was introduced in the first version. We found a really nice way to marry IQ Protocol and PARSIQ services, so I’m excited about these virtual event streams that nicely complete the feature set of the IQ Protocol and will be delivered by PARSIQ. And, being involved in the creation of both features, it excites me to see the synergy between these two projects!

Any deadline on ParsiQL 2.0?

Pavel: Hello guys, I’m Pavel and I’m in charge of developing the ParsiQL. We’re planning to launch the next version of the language by the end of this quarterk. There’s still a lot of work to do, unfortunately, because of massive changes to the format of the artifacts the compiler is producing and how these are executed. But we’re working on it right now.

Anatoly: Because of the languages that you are experiencing when you are just typing comments, this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are a lot of levels: there’s a run-time level, there is a transport level, there is a whole layer of architecture and to implement a new feature, etc. We already have a lot of features planned on a language level, but we need to propagate it through all the levels down to the execution engine that works directly with blockchains. There are a lot of challenges but we are moving along with them.

Why doesn’t IQ Protocol operate on ERC20?

Anatoly: Because it’s just too expensive. We wanted to create a protocol that is really healthy, and will equip a working business with a sustainable model. It contains two parts, one is staking which is obviously possible even on Ethereum because those who want to stake, they’re staking with big amounts, and very rarely. So once per week or once per month or just putting all your coins into the protocol and forgetting about it, taking the passive yield. But another part of the protocol is borrowing or renting and this is kind of the thing that should be cheap. If it’s not cheap, then the cost of services is really diluted by the cost of the transaction fee. This means, I would say, that Polygon is a more realistic choice for launching the next version of the IQ Protocol, or of course Solana or all the cheap blockchains where transactions are less expensive. These will be functional on IQ before Ethereum. But I would say that the NFT rental probably could work as well on Ethereum. With Ethereum 2.0: it’s under investigation and we are just waiting for a working solution because what we see now, it doesn’t look like a thing that works for now. And we want to work with already working businesses.

Anatoly, there are some high yield DeFi projects with unsustainable APY, can PARSIQ do the math and flag any of these projects? Could this be a real-time monitoring use case and be offered as a solution?

Anatoly: I would say that it is one of the possible applications that can be done even on the user level already. So if you will learn a lot of internals of ParsiQL and how to use it, I believe it even already can be implemented with no involvement of the team. I believe that is true, but I’d just need to double check some features. But for users that prefer no-coding solutions, I believe this is one very good item for our backlog, it’s a rather big item but it could be launched like our FlashR. It’s a service that can be built on top of our monitoring services.

Does ParsiQL differentiate $PRQ power/offerings compared from other data infrastructure projects, like Tenderly for example?

Anatoly: I would say that Tenderly, they work mostly as a debugger or not in such a very in-depth way. So we kind of have intersections between features that are available in Tenderly and moreover we are implementing some things, for example recently we started to digest the source code of smart contracts, analyze them, build source maps for smart contracts and at the technical level it produced the ability to monitor even private functions in smart contracts. We just need to publish that functionality and reflect it in ParsiQL and all the systems. But we are positioning ourselves more like a data processor that can build indexes like the Graph and constantly update them, using all the information that is available from smart contracts. Not only events from smart contracts, all the calls for example if as the developer of a smart contract you created a system and then found that you need to implement some additional features that should react on something that is happening in the smart contract or maintain any external state, then PARSIQ will be the first tool that you should think about to solve this. So it’s not a debugger, it’s a kind of copy lot for smart contracts that allows us to implement additional states, maybe even to learn something about smart contracts like in the previous question, just to monitor our contracts, build the statistics to constantly update it and notify those who are interested in these things. But to implement properly, all this monitoring logic, you need to express rather complex computations and ParsiQL delivers this ability.

For membership programs in the IQ Protocol, which kind of companies do you think could benefit the most?

Simon: The more I talk to clients and team about it, the more flexible I see that it is. There’s so many use cases that are brought up by clients, that our team hasn’t even fully thought about, and there are also new ones are coming up every week so. A really good way to explain the protocol, I think, where customers really understand it is by using Netflix as an example. Let’s imagine Netflix or Spotify (or one of your favorite subscription services) had a token. This would directly drive demand back to the token by either allowing users to hold a certain amount or rent the equivalent amount, have the same experience that they’re used to nowadays, just paying 10 dollars a month or whatever. So it’s not only gaming with NFT renting, for example with Solcery. We’re working with the team right now for that — for both the token version and the NFT renting version — so for example to play on the games on their platform, they’re going to have to have that subscription type model using the fungible token version, whereas they’re also going to use the NFT version as well in order to rent out NFTs. So whether it’s like a true subscription model or you need to pay a monthly fee to access premium content or a certain area of a website, or like gated content, those are all opportunities for subscriptions.

Tom: Thanks Simon! Since Anatoly has to leave for another meeting, one last question for him…

Anatoly, any hint on the IQ launchpad you mentioned once before?

Anatoly: I would say that this is one of the biggest things that would, I don’t want to say ‘finalize’ the building of IQ protocol, but it would be a big step. This is one of the interesting things where you can think about: when a designer creates a design, they don’t just give you “Here is a logo, here is a color, do what you want” but instead gives you a whole brand book, how to use it, how to create your visual style and just imagine how to transfer these notions to the IQ Protocol. So we’ll try to build a whole concept of how to build a business around IQ protocol. If you have an idea of how to grow the idea from the point where it’s only an idea to the point that it becomes real, then you help you create your business on the blockchain, integrate it into IQ, create some rules, and even how to evolve using IQ. And all these things we are going to concentrate into one knowledge-base and on top of this knowledge-base we’ll define it, we’ll create some entity that will work like a launch pad on IQ.

Tom: Anatoly we and the team and the community appreciate you taking the time to do this AMA and let’s schedule this three hour session.

Anatoly: Okay, bye guys.

What ideas have been considered for a viral marketing program?

Ana: Well, we often discuss different viral campaigns for marketing. But I think that the best idea that we are discussing now is that we’re going to have an incentive program for using our monitoring platform. It’s basically a similar thing which Coinbase currently has (as well as some other exchanges), which incentivize their users to learn the product, to try it, to answer some questions, and then you will be rewarded with some tokens. We’ve had discussions for this campaign, about runnin git as a joint co-marketing campaign with an exchange; it’s not finalized yet, but it’s something that we’re going to work on after the team meet-up in Tallinn.

Tom: Yeah I think these team meet-ups are great for brainstorming sessions. We’ve came up with some great ideas for viral marketing of IQ with NFTs so I think we’ll be going forward with that.

How is the Business team prioritizing working between Defi, NFT, and Metaverse spaces?

Tom Matta: I think we’re having conversations with projects in all of those places. I think the PARSIQ platform team is having most of the conversations in the DeFi space, there’s a lot of interesting protocols that are looking for smart triggers to push updates to the community. We’ve had a lot of requests for that kind of additional development to do things such as liquidation alerts for folks in the synthetic DeFi space. The NFT/Metaverse side is more a focus of IQ Protocol at the moment.

Simon: Yeah I can add to that question as well. –But just to keep on PARSIQ for a second, in the Metaverse and the gaming space, I actually had a really interesting call with a team from which I met one of their founders at Solana Breakpoint. The use case that they brought up for PARSIQ was really interesting: essentially what they wanted to do was they to take an on-chain event where someone unlocked a certain level or won something in the game that allowed them to win a big deposit in their wallet. PARSIQ would detect that big deposit and once we did that through APIs and web hooks we would send to the gaming engine a notification that this event happened. Then, from there, they would send out a bounty for everyone in the game to try and hunt down that person for an extra reward. It was a really cool use case of how PARSIQ could be used. We were just having a call, brainstorming ideas, talking about use cases and they actually brought that up to us. I know I’ve used that sort of idea about detecting onchain events to do something else and communicate with your gaming engine and your friend and more.

From the IQ side of things, we’re talking to a lot of gaming companies right now. I won’t share too much today, but I think — fingers crossed! — there’ll be an announcement next week that I’m excited to talk about. I’m pretty excited to partner with this project, they’re on Solana, and they have some big investors and should bring great awareness as well. But yeah, in general, we’re talking to various projects across various chains in the gaming space. They all seem very interested in both the NFT renting use case but also concepts with their fungible tokens version of either monthly subscriptions or renting a certain amount of tokens in order to enter a tournament for example.

When will $PRQ and monitoring recapture the market’s attention again?

Tom: Well not sure i agree here, i think in terms of the product and PARSIQ monitoring platform, we’re having more corporate clients, more users and developers than ever. And we have clients testing it who are launch pads, who are DeFi protocols, exchanges, some government bodies and others so i would definitely disagree with this. And PARSIQ has been more in the picture, spoken to countless founders, investors and partners and most of them have heard of PARSIQ as an established project, so i think what you mean here is the retail attention for the token. Which is a different story because, we’ve covered it extensively during the last AMA as trends change, so the way is to keep building, to delivery value and show a lot of progress and eventually the attention of lets say crypto or the B2C community, it will catch up. That’s in my experience at least.

Any progress with traditional companies? Perhaps any clients which are NDAs?

Tom Matta: So we’re chatting with a number of Web2 platforms, because what’s interesting is having access to all of this information, not only from a push based notification data delivery process but also a pull based, look at historical information. And i think a lot of Web2 companies are still trying to figure it out, like what do we do with a lot of user information that’s related to public addresses, people transacting on the Ethereum blockchain, people transacting on Bitcoin, they know it’s valuable and they’re trying to figure out how it could influence their account management process, their customer support. So i think that we’ll certainly close some deals this year and we’ll be able to make some announcements but a lot of use cases are super preliminary and we’re just kind of getting people to use the system and see how powerful it is, what the capabilities are. And another thing that’s super exciting is chatting with the governmental organizations and law enforcement organizations about PARSIQ Crypto tracing capabilities, those are really interesting as well because we’re able to deliver data packets in real time. One of the challenges is if you’re tracing crypto that might be sent to a hot wallet for a centralized exchange and law enforcement organizations need to put in a request to freeze those funds if it’s part of a pending investigation then speed is crucial, in order to prevent those funds from reaching a cash out point or ramping to fiat and exiting the system, and so that’s one of PARSIQs primary advantages is the real-time nature of the data we’re able to delivery, and also because of the strength of our development team we’re able to build these automations and customisations to help these large organizations with their process, in terms of helping them be more efficient. It’s interesting, we’ll have conversations where we’ll try to ask “How many BTC crimes are you investigating?” or “What’s your % close rate for these incidents?” and they’re kind of dodgy, they don’t give us much information because they’re law enforcement and intelligence organizations and they can’t leak that information but what they are telling us is the number of crimes is increasing. It’s becoming a bigger problem is terms of the dedication of organizational resources and so they’re getting ahead of it by having conversations with platforms like ours that can help them be more efficient so, i think 2022 will be a super exciting year for us, for working with traditional companies and especially these governmental and law enforcement agencies.

PARSIQ needs to grow Telegram users and Twitter followers, there are many ways to give small airdrops or incentives

Casey: Hey everyone! I’m the social media manager with PARSIQ and IQ. If you’re looking at Twitter followers, in the last few months we’ve almost doubled our Twitter followers. Our next milestone is going to be to get to 50,000, which is a big improvement from last year. At the start of the year we were only around 7,000 followers, so our audience has really grown in that regard. On Telegram, our audience is still increasing but maybe not as fast as it is on Twitter. But when you come to the telegram channel, the community is really comfortable, they have fun, and there are lots of things we’re doing to keep everyone engaged there. So, just by judging how many messages there are today and how close we are to some of the telegram community members I think that space is pretty good. About the last part of the question — airdrop incentives — Ithink the big thing for $PRQ holders and stakers in IQ is going to be this free $IQT that’s going to come out. That’s going to be a big campaign for Q1, so I’d encourage everyone to just stake their $PRQ (and MYST now!) on IQ Protocol to have some access to that free $IQT. We’re also going to be giving away some whitelists for the $IQT launch, so that will be big as well.

Then things happen out of the blue as well. For example, Martin was recently in Dubai at the 24 hour racing series and had the PARSIQ logo all over a Porsche that was in the race. Things like that increased brand awareness a lot: lots of retweets, lots of likes, and I can’t say enough about how strong our community is at sharing all this information. Some of the people in SWARMS, but other people as well, all they do is share and show $PRQ to as many people as they can and it makes us really happy to see that. So, if everyone keeps doing that and we’re working hard, building a bigger marketing team, we’ve got a growth marketer that’s starting as well, so it’s going to be massive growth for 2022 on both $PRQ and IQ.

What are some specific challenges in terms of teams and organization that you have been able to address during the team meeting this week?

Ana: Maybe I can share something about this. From the very beginning, PARSIQ has always been really happy and lucky with everyone we’ve hired. I think the only small issue is that everyone works remotely, and we have different time zones, and so on. So, when we gathered together this week, we had some discussion of task management services in the pipeline, some knowledge sharing about different CRMs and so on. I think Daniil mentioned that it’s much simpler to solve minor issues when you’re meeting each other in real life. But still we haven’t had any real organizational issues in the team ever.

Daniil: Yeah I think I can offer a couple of words, so the challenges we are faced with here are more strategic, especially since Rong Kai joined the team, so our team and organizational issues are gone. So he made it like a system, so it works really well now. I mean it worked okay before, now it works really well. So yeah for us this gathering is more about figuring out strategic challenges, not organizational.

Rong Kai: I can add to that as well, thank you so much. I think this was a great chance where everyone really came from all around the world to a single place for us to really share at the highest level on the first day we came in and we shared all of things that we’ve been discussing for months on the kind of strategic things we want to do, the roadmap of course, KPIs even, what sort of targets are we doing, why are we doing those. A lot of it is talking about why, once you understand why you are doing certain things, why are other teams focusing on certain things. It’s a lot easier to do that and this is the best chance for me. I can do a virtual event with 40+ people on zoom but you don’t get the same feel. It’s a lot better to share everything when everyone is in the same room, take questions directly, and have this form of sharing. Those are the things that we think of, a lot of other things that we try to resolve this week as well, a lot of strategic issues, because those are very difficult to discuss. We used to hold week after week of different discussions on zoom for example, and we talked about a lot of things. It takes a lot of resources to compile them, summarize them, try to visualize them, but then we just lock ourselves in one room for an hour where we draw on a whiteboard and we visualize it immediately. That is one of the things that I’m extremely grateful for, for the time that we have together here in Tallinn.

Tom: Yeah this whole thing has been a blast.

Will this be a quarterly meetup or something recurring?

Tom: Yeah probably we’re not going to do this quarterly but it would be great to do it twice here in winter and again in summer. So I’m definitely looking forward to the next one as this one is coming to an end unfortunately.

Conclusion

Tom: So guys I think it’s time to wrap it up, so if anyone from the team has any closing words or anything to say to the community, feel free.

Casey: Well, maybe i’ll say something i just want to say like being here with everyone and getting to meet all the founders and the whole PARSIQ and IQ team has been very welcoming to all of us. It’s been so nice to meet everyone in this room, not only did we have the chance to work on some process stuff but the most important thing we did was team building and they hosted so many great events for us, so it just really sort of solidifies how strong we feel about working for PARSIQ and we’ll continue to put 110% effort in going forward.

Dave: Yeah, I think there’s a lot of projects out there who have a full anonymous team you know, you don’t know who anyone is, so there’s not many projects who would fly everyone out here to meet, to brainstorm ideas and come up with new systems and mechanics and this sort of thing, so definitely i think it’s been very productive.

Simon: Yeah, just going on what Dave said, and what Casey was saying too: the fact that we grew from maybe 20 people last year to almost 50 people now, the company is growing, business is growing, the roadmap is growing, and the possibilities are growing. I think the fact that if you even look at large organizations, they’ve been cutting back costs, and so do not do stuff like gather the whole team together in one place. But Tom and the team — to be able to fly us out here to do this — it shows that we’re here, business is real, unlike some other projects in the space. We’ve been building ever since the bear market, and it just shows how committed the team is, how committed the founders are to the vision and being able to do something like this is really big.

Rossi: /Based_PARSIQ

[Applause]

Ivan: May I add something as well? Simon, you talked about growing, and the thing is, we are growing as well. You take all these really amazing team members, everyone has some experience to share, some skills to share and I feel it myself and Isee it on my teammates as well. So take any of us and our skill set is much higher than when we started, and each person was already awesome when we started! So it’s really inspiring, and being a part of it is awesome. Thank you, everyone!

Ana: One last thing, we’re still hiring so be sure to check out our career page on our website.

Tom: Absolutely! Who wants to join the PARSIQ or IQ Teams? Drop us a note. Thanks team for doing this AMA. I think we can’t do this too often, it’s not often we’re together here in one place, so this was great. See you guys soon and then we’re going to do another AMA in 2 weeks, probably me with someone else. Bye!

--

--

--

Full-suite data network used to build the backend for all web3 dApps & protocols.

Recommended from Medium

Free 64 Bit Vst Plugins Mac 2015

Amazon Web Services — Comparison Notes

How to Automate Your Tasks and Design in Blender

How to Automate Your Tasks and Design in Blender

Spring boot Series-2 One to One and One to Many Mapping

Friendly Introduction Pointers in C++

What is Amazon SNS and SQS?

Building a library resource booking system

Visualize git diff

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store
PARSIQ

PARSIQ

Go-to backend for web3 applications 🌊

More from Medium

PARSIQ Q&A #43

Thank you community! CTSI is Now Listed on Bancor.

holoride x VenusQueen — 31st Jan, 2022

DareNFT’s weekly report (January 17th — January 23rd)