PCHAIN (PAI) Weekly Progress Report (2018/10/13–2018/10/19)
Welcome to PCHAIN weekly report.
To keep the community updated, we summarize our latest progress and activities of the PCHAIN project here.
The team keeps improving the consensus mechanism. A few major improvements include:
1. Maintain Pchain TestNet 1.0 for testing
2. Finish first phase of test cases for new version of Pchain
3. Keep refactoring the process of balance transferring between child-chain and main chain
4. Keep coding for the enhanced PDBFT consensus
5. Investigate solution for cross-chain transaction
6. Keep improving the auto-test framework
PCHAIN Testnet2.0 will be upgraded again and launched on Nov 30
PCHAIN Testnet 2.0 will officially go live on Nov 30, when three features will also be updated:
1. PDBFT 2.0 consensus mechanism to reduce network traffic and improve consensus efficiency.
2. New PCHAIN system architecture to dock with EVM smoothly.
3. Black box automation test framework to continuously test the PCHAIN network.
Four patent applications for PCHAIN technology have been successfully accepted
On October 15, four patents related to blockchain technology applied by PCHAIN to National Intellectual Property Administration, PRC have been successfully accepted. Mainly include:
1. Method, device, computer readable storage medium, and computer program product used for blockchain formation consensus.
2. Method, device, and computer readable storage medium for determining the transaction verification node of the blockchain.
3. Methods, devices, and storage media used to determine the consensus of blocks in the blockchain network.
4. Methods, devices, and computer storage media for blockchain systems.
PCHAIN has achieved an average of 25% TPS performance improvement compared to Ethereum
The first figure is the flame diagram of the function call of Tx executed by EVM after optimization of PCHAIN.
The second picture is the original function call flame diagram of EVM executing Tx.
The third figure shows the relative time increase of CPU after optimization.
The experiment shows that PCHAIN’s performance optimization can obtain 25% TPS performance improvement on average.
The theme of blockchain challenge is posted by PCHAIN for Junction1300+ contestants
Recently, the registration of Junction, which will be held in Helsinki from November 23 to 25, has been closed, with over 1,300 developers gathering. At present, various challenges under the theme of hackathon have been published successively on Junction official website. However, as the main chain partner under the theme of this hackathon, the challenge of PCHAIN is “Mint A Stable Coin For A Digital Nation. To develop a decentralized and landing stable currency application scenario for digital countries based on PCHAIN”.
Junction official website: https://2018.hackjunction.com/challenges/mint-the-stable-coin-in-digital-nations
PCHAIN PANDA application was over!
The registration of PCHAIN PANDA has officially ended at 23:59 on October 20. Thank you for your active participation.
Dr. Cao Feng will be the only Chinese representative to present the SEVENTH CHINA INDIA FORUM
As the only representative of Chinese party to deliver a blockchain keynote speech, Dr. Cao Feng will be present at SEVENTH CHINA INDIA FORUM with leaders of Indian Central Government, the Puda Group presidents Mr. Rajiv Podar, first president of NDB Mr. KV KAMATH, etc.
Thanks Symphony for visiting PCHAIN Telegram AMA
On October 16, the PCHAIN held the AMA activity in Telegram group 1 as scheduled. This activity invited professor Zhu Feida, co-founder of the PCHAIN partner Symphony. In his interactions with community fans, professor Zhu said Symphony will leverage its strengths in the data field by working closely with the PCHAIN on smart data to jointly provide smart data services to the community and other partners.
A huge thanks to the community for actively supporting our project. We look forward to sharing with you our next weekly progress report!
Stay tuned for more exciting developments. We will see you next week!
Welcome to learn PCHAIN at:
Telegram 1: https://t.me/pchain_org
Telegram 2: https://t.me/pchain_org2
Telegram(Chinese Community): https://t.me/pchain_CN
Telegram Announcement Channel: https://t.me/pchain_org_ann
Founder/CEO’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/jeff_fengcao