Quick Fundraising Tips
- Excellent public speaking is a requirement. Bad pitch = no $$$.
- Set Low Round Targets. Makes the round appear more competitive and you can always increase it with success.
- Ask existing and small investors to ‘reserve’ space while they decide. Makes the round appear to fill up quickly.
- If an investor interrupts your pitch to ask a question, answer it. Outstanding questions will be real mind blockers. Iterate and fix your pitch to address common questions.
- Push maybes to noes. Accept that you will get a lot of noes when fundraising, be willing to push people who are deciding to a no. Rarely does a long decision result in a yes.
- The best source of new investor leads is the investor who just wrote you a check. Comb the networks of each new investor, after they’ve wired the money.