If you thought that bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies were only for investing and speculation, think again. They do hold real value as alternative medium of exchange. In fact, you can buy almost anything with cryptocurrencies, only if you are ready to part with them! There are more than 100,000 merchants globally, both online and offline, who would happily provide you with their goods and services for bitcoins. Here’s a list of a few things you can actually buy with your crypto assets.
1. Real Estate — Yeah, you heard us right. One of the most conservative sectors does actually accept bitcoins as currency for selling you some of the most exotic real estate deals on the planet. For example, a luxury villa in Verga Messinia near the famed Kalamata beach in Greece is worth just over 160 btc (1.2 million Euros) and an 8-acre beachfront property in the Kingdom of Tonga in the South Pacific can be yours for just over 10 btc ($98,000).
2. A Submarine! — Sounds ridiculous? Because it is! If you wish to see some exotic marine life or search for underwater shipwrecks, buy yourself a two-seater, shark-shaped submarine with a 260 hp supercharged engine, the Seabreacher. Part with 11 bitcoins and enjoy an underwater adventurous ride.
3. A Lamborghini — When Peter Saddington (there’s nothing sad about his story!) visited the supercars dealership in Atlanta, MotorCars of Georgia, nobody thought that this unassuming 35-year old coder would ride away with a $200,000 2015 Lamborghini Huracan. Saddington paid in bitcoins, all 45 of them, which had cost him a mere $115.
4. Education — The University of Nicosia, the largest private university in Cyprus became the first accredited University to accept bitcoins as tuition fees. One of the courses it has introduced is a Masters in Science — Digital Currency, which you could learn by paying close to 2 btc.
5. Precious metals — Online bullion dealers, like Veldt Gold, APMEX and JM Bullion, are selling gold and silver to investors willing to pay in bitcoins. Shipping is free for bitcoin-based bullion orders and investment grade gold and silver is offered.
6. Ticket to outer space — Richard Branson is offering you an opportunity to fly to outer space on his Virgin Galactic shuttle for a ticket price of close to 28 btc ($250,000). And you’ll have the Winklevoss Twins, who’ve already booked their tickets on SpaceShipTwo, as company. We feel that the price is just right for a round trip to the Great Beyond from where you’ll have the opportunity to see Earth in all its beauty and splendor.
7. Food — You can order Pizza (if you are in the US) from PizzaForCoins or buy a whopper from Burger King in Arnhem, The Netherlands by paying bitcoins. There are numerous restaurants and cafes around the world that accept bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies. Old Fitzroy, for example, became the first bar in Australia to serve patrons paying in bitcoins.
8. Airline and hotel tickets — Travel companies Expedia, Surf Air and CheapAir accept payment in bitcoins for booking flights and hotels through their sites.
9. Apps — Microsoft accepts bitcoin payment for many of its app-based services. Now you can download movies, music, games and apps by paying bitcoins.
10. Online shopping — Overstock is one of the first big e-tailers to accept bitcoins as payment for its entire range of products. Its founder, Patrick Byrne, remains one of the most vocal and staunch supporters of cryptocurrencies. Bic Camera, Japan’s largest electronic retailer, also accepts crypto payments.
The range of products and services that you can buy with cryptocurrencies is huge. You can also buy the services of global accounting giant PricewaterhouseCoopers by paying bitcoins. The advantages of accepting cryptocurrencies are manifold. Merchants get access to broader, hitherto untapped, markets. The fear of charge-backs (where a buyer cancels a payment after receiving the product) are also removed with crypto payments. With a renewed interest in cryptocurrencies, their use in daily life can only increase. Have you upgraded your digital wallet yet?
How to pay everything in crypto
But what about your daily groceries? What about your mobile phone bill? Unfortunately, what’s missing out here is a broader acceptance of cryptocurrency payments, which Pecunio solves in an easy way:
A cryptocurrency debit card. Transfer your assets to your Pecunio account and charge your debit card, just like any other for usage worldwide. It is the easiest was for spending your digital assets in way that is accepted pretty much everywhere. Our crypto debit card will be launched in the second half of the year after our ICO. So better get an account now in order to be part of the future of money.