20 Memes that Capture What It’s Like to Apply to College
It’s been a tough year for you. After balancing school, testing, extracurriculars, work and everything else in your crazy life, you’re ready to start chillin’ out, maxin’, and relaxin’ all cool.
Except for one thing: it’s
So here are 20 memes that perfectly capture what it’s like to apply to college:
1. Every adult asks you, “What are your plans for the future?” but you honestly have no idea:
2. You have to decide which colleges, out of thousands of colleges and universities, to apply to. You have to compare financial aid, majors, size, city type, etc. And that takes a lot of research. And time. And crying.
3. Thank god the Common Application exists! Although, of course, some colleges don’t accept it
4. But let’s be honest: you’re gonna put off starting your applications for as long as possible
5. That is, until your friends begin talking about how much they have done, and you feel the need to start
6. Yet while you’re filling everything out, you begin to realize that getting into college seems even more overwhelming and contemplate running away
7. Turns out there’s a billion ways to convert your GPA, and you’re sitting there trying to do all the math like
8. Two words: Standardized. Testing. Whether it’s the SAT, the ACT, the ABC — the one thing that’s pretty standard about them is that they seriously stress you out
9. When it comes time to listing all your extracurriculars, volunteering, and achievements, you’re forced to relive high school as you try to remember everything
10. And then there’s the fact that you need letters of recommendation, so you go up to your teachers and awkwardly ask them like
11. Meanwhile, you’re also trying to keep up your GPA and have to focus on senior year classes as well
12. At this point, you swear colleges are sitting in their cozy little admissions offices like
13. When you finally get to the essay portion, you sit down, all ready to write, but nothing comes to mind. A part of you is telling yourself
14. And the essay prompts are making you not only question your life, but also the meaning of life, and you start to have a mini existential crisis
15. But at least you can sound smarter on your essay by replacing every other word with results from thesaurus.com
16. After getting this far, you’re pretty much like
17. However, after all that procrastinating and contemplating, the deadline’s a lot closer than you realized, so you have no choice but to shift into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE
18. At this point, you’re pretty much okay with whatever happens.
19. But it’s time to celebrate because everything is done! All that’s left is to cruise through the rest of high school, going to prom, planning senior pranks, and overall having a good time
20. All that’s left is waiting to hear back from colleges. Easy. I hope.
Don’t lose hope though! For all of you going through the admissions process, check out some of Peerlift’s other articles that are full of advice and tips at https://peerlift.org