Become part of the Pelican Trading family, invest!
Pelican already has over 1,500 active users, now we’re expanding and we want you onboard
Pelican is completing a funding round. Our main investors include industry experts and professional VCs. However, we are keen to extend this investment opportunity to our users. If you’re interested in investing, below are some of the key points we think are worth noting.
Investing involves risks including loss of capital.
Why should I consider investing?
After just 12 months, Pelican has built an FCA regulated network that has:
- Exceptional engagement levels (avg >12 sessions / day)
- Revenue generating
- Primary trading tool for some of the biggest names in the industry
- Proven benefits from network effects — Client Acquisition Cost of £124 vs. industry average of >£800
- Pioneered the concept of trader-to-trader interaction with the introduction of unique features such as copying, inverting, creating trading groups and networks etc.
What’s our plan?
We’re on a mission to establish our position as the most advanced trading network by:
- Optimising viral appeal of the network
- Extending our product offering to share-dealing
- Developing unique features by harnessing our ability to connect traders
- Building a desk-top version
- Integrating MT4 accounts
- Releasing a Sports Betting version
We believe that today’s hyper-connected world deserves a trading network that brings traders together. One that adapts to your needs, gives you control and constantly pushes you into new exciting spaces. For too long retail traders have had to work in isolation — with no tool to help qualify decisions with friend and experts.
Now is Pelican’s time.
Over the next year, we intend to take Pelican global. We’re aiming for 1 million customers globally in 3 years.
Investing involves risks inc loss capital. The below FAQs have been approved as a financial promotion by CrowdCube Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Does Pelican qualify for EIS?
Yes. An investment in Pelican qualifies for Enterprise Investment Scheme relief. Typically this allows any investor to claim back historic income tax of up to 30% of their total investment in Pelican. E.g. if you invest £1,000 in Pelican, you can claim back up to £300 of your investment against historic income tax payments. Further EIS details can be found on the CrowdCube site here or on the HMRC site here.
How can I pre-register?
If you’re interested in getting involved or just finding out more, then register your interest by clicking the link on any of our emails where it states ‘I’m intrested’ or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does pre-registration mean?
Given we’ve already had huge interest from our users, registering your interest will give you ‘early bird’ access on Friday 22nd September before we go live on CrowdCube.
After you have had a chance to invest, we’ll open the opportunity to CrowdCube users on Monday 25th September.
Are there limits on the amount I can invest?
We want to give everyone the opportunity to invest in our future. Therefore, the minimum investment amount is only £10!
What do I get for my investment?
Pelican has been valued at £4m (pre-money) and our target is to raise £0.75m. If you were to invest £1,000 you would own 0.021% of the Company. Please note that this % value will change depending on whether we raise more or less than our target.
Who can invest?
What happens after I register?
We’ll send you an email on Friday 22nd September with a link to access our investment page. Please keep an eye on your email inbox so you don’t miss out.
How do I actually invest?
We’ve partnered with one of Europe’s leading crowdfunding platforms — CrowdCube. You’ll need to create an account on CrowdCube here to invest.
We advise that you create an account with CrowdCube before the investment round goes live to avoid potentially missing out because you have to sign up to the platform first.
How do I make a return?
Investors will receive shares in Pelican in exchange for their investment. If Pelican makes an exit further down the line via an IPO or a trade sale, if the company’s valuation has increased then you could make a profit on your investment. When investing in early-stage businesses like Pelican, investors should assume that their shares are illiquid and that there is no simple way to sell shares until there is an exit event like IPO or trade sale.
What fees does CrowdCube charge investors?
CrowdCube do not charge you fees. They do however charge Pelican 7% of funds raised. E.g. if you invested £100 in Pelican, we would receive £93. Please note that the value of your ownership in Pelican would remain £100.
How do you make an investment on CrowdCube?
- Go to Pelican campaign link which you will receive by email
- Click ‘Proceed’ (or if already registered then “login” and skip to 7)
- Fill out your personal details and click ‘Join’
- Choose the investor profile that applies to you and click ‘Proceed’
- Click ‘Invest’
- Dependant on your situation you may need to provide them with a screenshot/photo of a utility bill and passport/license to pass their KYC (Know Your Customer) process. CrowdCube has to do this as a regulated FCA business to ensure there is no money laundering activity on their platform.
- Once you have passed KYC, simply enter the amount you would like to invest and voilà you’ve invested in your chosen campaign.
What is KYC and why do I have to pass it?
The KYC (Know Your Customer) checks are in place to ensure there is no money laundering activity on CrowdCube. Most investors will be able to pass KYC automatically by inputting their details, however some may require a manual check. This mostly happens if, for example, you have recently moved and it isn’t yet reflected in various online databases. If you need to pass a manual check you will be asked to send the following supporting evidence to email@example.com and they will aim to get them approved as soon as possible:
- government issued photo ID; and
- a proof of address document (utility bill, bank statement, or letter from a local / national authority) showing your full name residential address and dated within the last three months.
What do I need to do after registration?
First, you need to sign-up to CrowdCube to make sure that when the campaign goes live you are ready to make an investment. You will receive a link by email to the campaign.
What are the risks of investing in equity?
All investments carry varying degrees of risk, and investing in early-stage and growth-focused businesses is no different. The main risk associated with investing is that the business will simply fail, and investors won’t get their money back. Illiquidity is another consideration because, even if the business succeeds, investors are unlikely to receive dividends or be able to sell their shares for a number of years. There is also a risk of dilution: if a business requires further capital in the future (a highly likely scenario), and issues more shares in exchange for that capital, the percentage of equity held by earlier investors will decrease. Please take a look at the CrowdCube Risk Warning for more information.