A beautifully simple gif, tried 3 ways.
Let’s see what happens
Breathe in. Hold. Breathe out. Hold. Repeat. I love its simplicity.
During our PLU time (a couple of hours a week we set aside to do something that betters ourselves and PeopleLikeUs), I recreated the gif in 3 different ways:
Looking at it, there are a few things I can see offhand:
- That black line around the expansion/contraction in the original gif maybe tells you something that what I’ve made doesn’t.
- Though I was aiming for a shaky, handmade look, now I think the smoothness of QuietKit’s gif may have added to the feeling of calm.
What do you think? Why does the QuietKit gif work so well? Or does it? What elements could make a stronger connection between my gifs (or theirs!) and the action of breathing? I’d love to know.
Hope you enjoyed the gifs, and the challenges they represent:
- Creating a new take on something (gif or otherwise) in your own voice.
- Crafting different solves to the same puzzle (by hand or digitally).
- Whatever other challenge you want to see in this experiment. That one. Try it :-)
Want more? Follow us here on Medium and check us out on the social. PSST- we’re hiring!
Have a great day!
203 Followers, 218 Following, 256 Posts — See Instagram photos and videos from People Like Us (@peoplelikeus_mtl)www.instagram.com
The latest Tweets from peoplelikeus (@peoplelikeus). PeopleLikeUs is a full service digital agency made up of real…twitter.com