Persona.im — digital identity management system on blockchain
Bucharest, December 28th 2017
On January 1st, 2018, the pre-sale for the Persona blockchain project will be live.
Persona represents a solution for identity management, aligned with the latest data protection regulations. Its scope is to empower the individual and grant them the control over their personal data as well as the means to secure access to their private details.
Persona started as a startup part of the Catalyst Societe Generale Corporate Accelerator in Romania where it was one of the three finalists. In December 2017, Persona obtained the 2nd prize as part of the ICO Pitch Competition during the d10e Conference in Bucharest.
The main goals of Persona are:
- to leverage on identity management services for the individual based on what the blockchain technology can offer (no middle man, immutability, strong built-in encryption, no single point of failure);
- to protect individuals personal details. While it is obvious that individuals need to provide their details to various entities, they have no control over it after sharing. Persona is meant to put individuals back in the driver seat when it comes to sharing personal data;
- to allow entrusted third parties which with private details they manage can now offer trust as a service;
- to streamline on-boarding process since an individual might be already checked by some entity enrolled in the system.
- to prevent fake news, by providing a decentralized identity management system, Persona will provide the trust level we all need when we rely on news; based on the public Persona profile of any content creator, anyone (news aggregator, internet search engines or individuals) can track down news to their source;
The team that started Persona project have extensive experience in blockchain technology. Ioana Frincu and Dan Cearnau have delivered more than a dozen ICO projects for their clients while Stefan Neagu is one of ARK blockchain co-founders ( a $750M+ market cap blockchain technology).
The project’s advisors are Johan Gabriels (ex Mastercard CFO), Cosmin Bucur (ex Royal Bank of Scotland Head of Treasury), Mike Doty (ARK Board Director) and Cristian Lina (Managing Partner @Eversheds Lina&Gruia).
The soft cap for this project is $9.3M and the hard cap is $14M and the funds are raised through a private sale and a public sale, accepting ARK, ETH and BTC.
The Persona team sees the project as a foundation for identity management services starting from individual KYC and going further towards securing an IoT device. To deliver the promise, Persona blockchain is built using the ARK blockchain in order to inherit its smart bridge capability so other blockchain projects will benefit from asking and accessing the Persona blockchain. Developed using the ARK blockchain, Persona could eventually offer P2P payments, reputation system, or even micro-lending.
More information about the project can be accessed using the:
- Website: https://persona.im/
- Telegram discussion channel: https://t.me/personablockchain
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/personablockchain
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/PersonaIam
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/PersonaBlockchain
For other details about Persona you can contact the team using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org