10 Ways To Make Your Day More Meaningful
- Wake up early. Enjoy the sunrise. Enjoy the quiet, slow pace of the early morning. Use this time to meditate, pray, reflect, write, exercise, etc.
- Prioritize. Remember to do the most important things to you and your family. Don’t get bogged down with all of the things that call for your immediate attention.
- Read books that answer your deepest questions.
- Eat your food more slowly and actually enjoy it instead of just treating it like fuel. Don’t watch the news and play with your phone while eating. Just eat.
- Go for a walk and enjoy nature. Sit in a park and listen to the birds. Go to the beach and listen to the waves crashing against the shore.
- Watch something funny. Not just something mildly funny, like the average sitcom. But your favorite episode of your favorite comedy, your favorite late night comedy sketch, or something else that will make you laugh until your eyes water.
- Begin a project or hobby you’ve been wanting to start, but have been putting off. Take the first step.
- Spend time with the people most important to you, not just the activities most important to you.
- Do one thing at a time. Whatever is most important to do right now, do it. Let everything else wait. Don’t even think about the next thing. Multi-tasking gets things done, but not done as well, and not done as meaningfully.
- Help others. And be mindful of the good you have done for others and the good you will continue to do, in your work and in your personal life.
To get more posts like this visit LivingWithConfidence.net and subscribe. It’s free.