1,000+ Miner Nodes | Phala Weekly Dec 21
Vendetta Incentive Program Updates
1605 Race (up to 800,000 PHA)
It’s thrilled to announce: we now have 1,200 TEE computing nodes (miners) running on Phala with a 62.1% weekly growth rate.🚀 312,220 computing power contributed by nearly 4,460 CPU cores. 4,510,000 Fires were mined during the past 21 days and 341 full-nodes are running across 30 cities on the earth. 🌎
Note that the 1605 race will be ended soon on Jan 1, 2021.
Join Miner discussion: https://discord.gg/zjdJ7d844d
Last week, we had 2 new GKs joined Phala testnet. They are:
Luca Poggi, a passionate Phala believer from Phala community Italy, who has helped Italian community members to join Phala mining several times;
Newsletter, a loyal group MOD in Phala community China, who has been contributing his time in Phala community for over 6 months.
Participants have earned 29,000 points in total by creating NFTs, Swags, and videos. 🍻 Click here for more detail.
- Fixed a problem that some miners starting PHost failure but PHA burned Commit;
- Improved the frontend UI design on https://poc3.phala.network/dashboard/;
- Rewrote Remote Attestation flow to support timeout and prevent hanging here PR;
- Added an auto-top up the script for miners Commit;
- Starting work for next PoC;
- Parachain work switching to Rococo V1.
Community & Ecosystem
- Wrote an article about the cool DApps submitted on
Phala & Gitcoin Hackathonwhich will be published in English soon this week to demonstrate how big and impressive that Phala universe can be. :P
- Improved the Miner FAQ file;
- Improved the process of miners Q&A，added the direction book of self-check;
- Migrated Sino-English translation task center from Banli Board to Trello. You can now our Sino-English translation contents and their progress on https://trello.com/b/19M89GXx/building-phala-together. (How to apply Phala translator: https://forum.phala.network/t/a-guidebook-for-phala-translator-to-bes/1099)
- Received one pice of translation from Russian translator @aoritus;
- Community statistics:
- Co-hosted a Substrate Seminar in Wuhan with Crust Network, Litentry, OneBlock+, and the Software Institute of Huazhong University of Science and Technology. Hang Yin and Zhe Wang presented as tutors. We had 30 students joined this seminar and they all had great progress in 6 lessons and 2 workshops about off-worker deployment and learned how to develop a Substrate version CryptoKitty using Phala confidential smart contracts.
- Co-sponsored the DoraHacks Substrate Hackathon in Hangzhou, with a bounty that provides $600 PHA to DApp development winners. Marvin, CEO of Phala, and Jun Jiang, CTO of Phala, shared their experience with developers on spot.
- Marvin had an educational talk with Andrey, the Co-founder of Wootrade on HapplyBlock AMA, and shared his opinion about the future of Polkadot ecosystem marketing performance in 2021.
Phala Network is a light, powerful, and secure trusted-hardware-based confidential smart contract, dedicating itself to be a novel privacy computing cloud and provide privacy computing and services for all users and companies. Phala Network will be a parachain on Polkadot and a solution to the next-generation privacy protection. Member of the Confidential Computing Consortium (CCC). Recipient of 2 Web3 Foundation Grants.