Breaking News: Khala Secure Worker Mining will be launched September 17!
On September 3, Khala Network released the 1st Khala democratic governance referendum, passed the Voting Period, and entered the Enactment Period. The referendum will become officially passed during the Enactment Period on September 17. After passing, the Khala network will officially launch Secure Worker Mining and Staking.
K-PHA rewards received by users who previously participated in supporting the Khala Crowdloan can directly participate in staking.
The official launch of mining means that Secure Workers can obtain Khala rewards by registering and working online. At the same time, all users can use the decentralized application Phala App to join StakePools to begin staking and participate in the distribution of income to the set of miners associated with the StakePools.
Referendum #1 includes the token economics and the operating code of the Secure Worker Mining system. On September 17th, the on-chain council will also need to upgrade Runtime and launch Gatekeeper. The specific timetable in block heights is shown below, alongside estimates of the times at which these blocks are expected.
In order to ensure that Khala mining has a fair start (fair launch), we need to set a timer to enable start_mining to transparently provide workers sufficient time for upgrades and other preparations. This will ensure all miners are aware of and have the same amount of time to prepare. The timer should also prevent early mining due to time zone differences.
Event schedule mining launch day
All times in UTC+8 (Singapore time) on September 17, 2021
- Depending on Kusama’s network situation, the Runtime upgrade may last for more than one hour, resulting in an overall delay.
- In the event of a serious mishap, the Council has the power to delay the timer as appropriate, which will be publicly announced. If that happens, the official mining starting time will be based on block height of the on-chain timer announced at that time.
- The above involves operations performed by council members which require council votes before implementation. The time these operations are actually executed takes precedence over the estimated timeline above.
Secure Worker Miner pre-launch preparation
To make sure your first time mining Khala is successful, please confirm that you have completed the following tasks:
- Ensure your Khala node is synced and finalized completely
2. For network problems with node sync, we’ve incorporated community/partner experience in the peer connectivity FAQ
- If you did not sync you Khala node in advance or if you encounter internet problems during sync, please download a block snapshot to accelerate the sync:
- If you are Solo mining, please ensure your mining scripts have been updated to the latest as instructed in the update FAQ
3. If you participate in Khala mining through the Phala Runtime Bridge, please ensure your PRB has been updated to the latest version
4. Please ensure there are enough PHAs in your StakePool for staking. Think carefully before setting the commission rate and Pool cap, which will impact your income and rewards distribution directly
5. Please ensure you have a few PHA as GAS fee in each of your Worker addresses (and retain each mnemonic phrase) safe:
Phala Network tackles the issue of trust in the computation cloud.
This blockchain is a trustless computation platform that enables massive cloud processing without sacrificing data confidentiality. Built around TEE-based privacy technology already embedded into modern processors, Phala Network’s distributed computing cloud is versatile and confidential. By separating the consensus mechanism from computation, Phala ensures processing power is highly scalable but not wasteful. Together, this creates the infrastructure for a powerful, secure, and scalable trustless computing cloud.
As a member parachain of the Polkadot cross-chain ecosystem, Phala will be able to provide computing power to other blockchain applications while protecting the data layer, enabling possibilities like privacy-protected DeFi trading positions and transaction history, co-computing DID confidential data, developing light-node cross-chain bridges, and more.
On-chain services currently being developed on Phala Network include Web3 Analytics: high-performance smart contracts from Phala to enable highly concurrent mass data analytics with privacy, paving the way for an alternative to Google Analytics that inherently respects individual confidentiality.