Hackathon Rewards Announced, Phala App Experience Optimized | Phala Weekly Vol.61
👷 Khala Secure Worker Mining
The details of Khala SWM system statistics are below:
🙋 Khala democracy governance
Last week, Khala passed and distributed rewards of two bounty proposals (300,000 PHA) and three applications of treasury tips from the community (856 PHA). Details:
a.) Bounty Proposals
b.) Treasury Tips Application
darknight7: Adding the storage requirements of Phala-blockchain to Wiki (16 PHA)
I00k: Khala Watchdog Telegram Bot (750 PHA)，which can get the latest Stakepool news for miners and delegators.
sirash: Indian CM created 10 T-shirts with Phala logo for Indian community (90 PHA)
1. Phala & PRuntime
- Preparation of upgrade to V0.9.13
- Finished the delegation crawler script
2. Phala App
- Decreased the frequency of Metamask Pop-ups
- Fixed the issue of continuous transactions sending failure
- Decreased the broadcasting time for transactions
💻Work in progress
1. Phala & PRuntime
- Lifecycle management for Fat Contract. Deploy and instantize builtin contracts
- pRuntime state persistence test
2. Chain Bridge
- Integration with Assets Pallet
3. Phala App
- Introducing MQC (Message Queue Chain) for better consistency PR
Community & Ecosystem
- Communities Stats:
Activities & News
- Rewards of Phala Thanksgiving special airdrop event initiated by co-founder Marvin Tong were distributed. Check Thanksgiving Giveaway Rewards List to see if you have won.
- A total of 6,825$ PHA will be distributed to 12 qualified challengers in the Phala & Encode hackathon. Check the Rewards list and DM your Khala account on Phala Discord Hackathon channel.
- Cryptologi.st released the Phala Network analysis report. According to this report, “Phala Network is among some of the most prolific investments over the last year with 784% ROI. This is much more than comparable project’s averaging a ROI (72%) in the ‘Polkadot Ecosystem’ category.”
Phala Network tackles the issue of trust in the computation cloud.
This blockchain is a trustless computation platform that enables massive cloud processing without sacrificing data confidentiality. Built around TEE-based privacy technology already embedded into modern processors, Phala Network’s distributed computing cloud is versatile and confidential. By separating the consensus mechanism from computation, Phala ensures processing power is highly scalable but not wasteful. Together, this creates the infrastructure for a powerful, secure, and scalable trustless computing cloud.
As a member parachain of the Polkadot cross-chain ecosystem, Phala will be able to provide computing power to other blockchain applications while protecting the data layer, enabling possibilities like privacy-protected DeFi trading positions and transaction history, co-computing DID confidential data, developing light-node cross-chain bridges, and more.
On-chain services currently being developed on Phala Network include Web3 Analytics: high-performance smart contracts from Phala to enable highly concurrent mass data analytics with privacy, paving the way for an alternative to Google Analytics that inherently respects individual confidentiality.