Khala Ethereum Bridge Passes Audit | Phala Weekly Vol.45
- Deployed ChainBridge via runtime upgrade
- pRuntime switched to Protobuf-based API
- Final polish for mining and staking
💻Work in progress
- Adapting to Khala
Community & Ecosystem
- Community Stats：
- Per https://polkaproject.com/#/rank Phala’s development activity is second only to Polkadot, itself, for the past 30 days.
- The Khala Ethereum Bridge (on Phala Network’s pre-mainnet, Khala Network) has passed an audit by CertiK, the world’s top blockchain security company. The Khala Ethereum Bridge, as an important tool on the Khala chain, lets users swap ERC20 PHA to K-PHA, allowing PHA from outside the Khala network to be transferred into Khala accounts as K-PHA. This enables participation in TEE Mining or other campaigns on Khala.
- The Phala tech team has carefully reviewed possible risks on Khala, is prepared for rapid response, and has summarized their findings and preparations in a risk report, Expect Chaos! Read it here 👇
Expect Chaos! | The Things that You Should Know Before Khala Goes Live
Forge a Better Phala!
Activities & News
- On Thursday, July 29th, the Encode Polkadot Club hosted Hang, Co-Founder of Phala Network, for their fourth event, introducing students and hackers to Substrate. Recap 👇
Encode Polkadot Club: Introduction to Substrate [Video + Slides]
On Thursday 29th July we were delighted to host Hang, Co-Founder of Phala Network, for the fourth Encode Polkadot Club…
- We published an article, The Evolution of Mining: CPU, GPU, ASIC… Phala, explaining to readers the historical development of mining: from primitive CPU brute force computing to high-performance GPU, to customized ASICs, and the future of mining: Phala Network.
Phala Network tackles the issue of trust in the computation cloud.
This blockchain is a trustless computation platform that enables massive cloud processing without sacrificing data confidentiality. Built around TEE-based privacy technology already embedded into modern processors, Phala Network’s distributed computing cloud is versatile and confidential. By separating the consensus mechanism from computation, Phala ensures processing power is highly scalable but not wasteful. Together, this creates the infrastructure for a powerful, secure, and scalable trustless computing cloud.
As a member parachain of the Polkadot cross-chain ecosystem, Phala will be able to provide computing power to other blockchain applications while protecting the data layer, enabling possibilities like privacy-protected DeFi trading positions and transaction history, co-computing DID confidential data, developing light-node cross-chain bridges, and more.
On-chain services currently being developed on Phala Network include Web3 Analytics: high-performance smart contracts from Phala to enable highly concurrent mass data analytics with privacy, paving the way for an alternative to Google Analytics that inherently respects individual confidentiality.