Over 200,000 DOT Contributed to Phala Crowdloan | Phala Weekly Vol.65
🔥 Phala Crowdloan
Last week, Phala official website launched a customized voting page for contributing to Phala Crowldoan:
Users can choose the suitable decentralized tools and exchanges to support Phala as they will. For now, there are 9 platforms available: Polkadot.js, Parallel, Bifrost, Equilibrium, Subscan, Dotmarketcap, OKEx, AscendEX, Gate.
An additional Old Gangster bonus will be rewarded to those who contributed to Phala/Khala previously (OG reward list).
👷 Khala Secure Worker Mining
The details of Khala SWM system statistics are below:
🙋 Khala democracy governance
The function of Khala democracy governance is recovered on Jan. 5th, 11:00 SGT, after the Runtime 1091 update finished.
- Published Runtime v1091 and fixed its data migration issue
2. Phala & PRuntime
- File NFT: finished preliminary off-chain files control in Fat Contract
- Published Side VM RFC original version to support the HTTP requests in Ink
3. Phala App
- connected with backend data, improved data reading speed
- Optimized UI to make it more reader-friendly
- Staking pools are sorted by APR by default
- Added header tips to make it easier to understand
- Deleted 0 delegated & 0 rewards stake pools in “My Delegate”
💻Work in progress
1. Appointed Message
- Allowing out of order message queue
2. Introducing MQC (Message Queue Chain) for better consistency
- Refactoring communication protocol based on libP2P (testing)
- Supporting multiple lifecycle components to obtain block data from the same data source (testing)
- Refactoring lifecycle data stream
- Speeding up blockchain sync based on P2P
Community & Ecosystem
- Communities Stats:
Activities & News
- On Dec. 28th, Equilibrium announced to support Phala Crowdloan and lock up DOT for Phala through Equilibrium. Contributors will earn both xDOT and EQ (10 EQ/DOT) as special rewards. The total prize pool is up to 2,000,000 EQ.
- AscendEX released the voting channel for Phala Crowdloan. Users who participate in Phala Corwdloan in addition to receiving the DOT lockup rewards will also have chances to share in an extra 30,000 USDT prize pool provided by AscendEX for the second batch Polkadot slot auctions. Details
- Bifrost announced to support Phala Crowdloan. The entrance of Phala SALP Crowdloan has been launched on Dec. 30th. Vote now
- Phala gave a brief recap of 2021 on Twitter on Dec. 31st, showing the achievement in web3, Polkadot ecosystem, chain bridge, tech, and democracy. For more details, please stay tuned for the updates.
Phala Network tackles the issue of trust in the computation cloud.
This blockchain is a trustless computation platform that enables massive cloud processing without sacrificing data confidentiality. Built around TEE-based privacy technology already embedded into modern processors, Phala Network’s distributed computing cloud is versatile and confidential. By separating the consensus mechanism from computation, Phala ensures processing power is highly scalable but not wasteful. Together, this creates the infrastructure for a powerful, secure, and scalable trustless computing cloud.
As a member parachain of the Polkadot cross-chain ecosystem, Phala will be able to provide computing power to other blockchain applications while protecting the data layer, enabling possibilities like privacy-protected DeFi trading positions and transaction history, co-computing DID confidential data, developing light-node cross-chain bridges, and more.
On-chain services currently being developed on Phala Network include Web3 Analytics: high-performance smart contracts from Phala to enable highly concurrent mass data analytics with privacy, paving the way for an alternative to Google Analytics that inherently respects individual confidentiality.