pDiem Makes Significant Progress | Phala Weekly Vol.31
- Withdrawal and sub-accounts management implemented:
- CLI and docker-compose config;
- Wiki extended with the “Play with pDiem” section.
2.Phala PoC 3
- Fix the unexpected slashing problem for miners.
- Bug fixes;
- Upgraded to latest Substrate;
- Ported latest
webpkiinto Substrate runtime;
- Phala can now compile and run natively on Macs with Apple’s M1 chip!
- Upgrade to latest Cumulus;
- Sync changes to Phala PoC-next;
- Rework for latest Polkadot XCM breaking changes, prepared for boarding to Rococo testnet.
💻Work in progress
1.Testing Phala parachain runtime features;
2.Testing Phala Crowdloan event site;
3.Continued work on the reference mining pool:
- “StakePad” frontend;
- Improving computing task mechanisms to work better with parachains.
4.Continued work on pDiem Milestone 4;
5.Runtime-bridge (Phost for mining pool):
- Writing docs;
- Refactor and clean up the codebase;
Community & Ecosystem
- community stats：
- Three new translations from the Vietnamese and French communities this week.
Activities & News
- On April 13, Zenlink (the first cross-chain DEX network on Polkadot) opened their Beta version to public testing. The Zenlink DEX Module has also been successfully integrated into Phala’s local test network, so users can experiment swapping testPHA with 5 crypto assets through the Zenlink Dapp.
- We received word that one of the 6 proposals Phala submitted for Polkadot Decoded 2021 made the cut on April 14: XCMP Makes Confidential Computing Composable is the first proposed Phala talk to pass.
- April 14, the ANN of PC Case Modding Challenge (EN Ver.)was published on Phala Forum, welcome to share yours creates!
- 2nd Code Bounty claimed by Bounty Hunter @kevdez! He fixed a cross-section page button link being generated badly in the current theme and claimed 1.55 DOT!
Join the Hunters👉 https://forum.phala.network/t/topic/2045
Claim Bounty now: https://github.com/orgs/Phala-Network/projects/5
- April 16, Phala announced a partnership with PolkaFoundry. PolkaFoundry will augment its UX and other user-friendly features for DeFi dApps by adding cross-chain transactions with Phala for scalable and privacy-preserving execution.
- April 18: Phala held an AMA with the Satoshi Club community again, introducing Phala to Spanish crypto fans. The recap of this AMA will be published in Spanish in Phala’s Spanish Medium soon; please stay tuned.
Phala Network tackles the issue of trust in the computation cloud.
This blockchain is a trustless computation platform that enables massive cloud processing without sacrificing data confidentiality. Built around TEE-based privacy technology already embedded into modern processors, Phala Network’s distributed computing cloud is versatile and confidential. By separating the consensus mechanism from computation, Phala ensures processing power is highly scalable. Together, this creates the infrastructure for a powerful, secure, and scalable trustless computing cloud.
As a member parachain of the Polkadot cross-chain ecosystem, Phala will be able to provide computing power to other blockchain applications while protecting the data layer, enabling possibilities like privacy-protected DeFi trading positions and transaction history, co-computing DID confidential data, developing light-node cross-chain bridges, and more.
On-chain services currently being developed on Phala Network include Web3 Analytics: high-performance smart contracts from Phala enable highly concurrent mass data analytics with privacy, paving the way for an alternative to Google Analytics that inherently respects individual confidentiality.