Phala Is the Most Active Project in Polkadot Ecosystem in the Past 30 Days | Phala Weekly Vol. 55
🚀 Khala Secure Worker Mining
The details of Khala SWM system statistics are below:
- Refactor Side task, prepared for pRuntime snapshot
- Initial integrate Ink (we call it pInk), support basic query and command operations
a. Upgraded rustc to nightly-2021–09–01
b. refactor phactory-api
2. Phala App
- Added confirmation to withdrawal
- Added “Reclaim all” to mining
- Added “Claim all” to delegation
- Bug fixes and optimizations
- Refactor sending transactions using batch
💻Work in progress
- Upgrade to Polkadot v0.9.12, migrate to MetadataV14
- Fix for Issue #500
- Refactor transaction tracking which may be good to reduce miners unresponsive when long-time running
- Persisting state to avoid syncing block data every time
- Avoid manual restart on runtime upgrading
Community & Ecosystem
- Communities Stats:
- Per https://polkaproject.com/ Phala’s development activity is second only to Polkadot, itself, for the past 30 days.
Activities & News
- On October 21st, Khala announced the strategic partnership with SubQuery. Khala has written a SubQuery project that indexes data for its new bridge dApp. This data is used to collect transfer events, proposal approvals etc., and then is presented in dApp for all users to analyze. A copy of this project is hosted in SubQuery Explorer, a free service that allows Khala’s community to access, query, and analyze to build their own dApps on the first-ever parachain-Ethereum bridge in the Kusama ecosystem.
- Soptq completed the full Code Bounty mission for the Simple Geolocation Probing refactoring. The privacy of miners, including their IP addresses & geographical locations, is of great concern. Phala Network takes the first step to enforce the non- traceability of miners. Miners IP addressed will be processed and masked in local trusted hardwares, and transmitted in an encrypted manner. You can see the geographical distribution of all the miners with no privacy leakage.
Join now: https://forum.phala.network/t/topic/2045
- Lauren Turek became the first developer that completed The “Phala x Polkadot Encode Club” Hackathon advanced challenge. He created a password manager that can store passwords with no risk of leakage by using Phala blockchain.
- On October 19, Phala held the 2nd Phala Tech Talk—Phala Mining Design 101, co- founder Hang Yin showed miners how to look up mining data reports and statistics and answered questions miners care the most about. If you missed it, watch the recap here👇
- On October 21, Phala held the 3nd Phala Tech Talk — Phala Encode Hackathon Workshop and invited an active substrate developer Joshua to share his experience in the Hackathon. He also walked through what he wrote in the Hackathon with the audiences. If you missed it, watch the recap here👇
11/2, 19:00, UTC+8: Phala Tech Talk 04-The Security of Intel SGX
Phala Network tackles the issue of trust in the computation cloud.
This blockchain is a trustless computation platform that enables massive cloud processing without sacrificing data confidentiality. Built around TEE-based privacy technology already embedded into modern processors, Phala Network’s distributed computing cloud is versatile and confidential. By separating the consensus mechanism from computation, Phala ensures processing power is highly scalable but not wasteful. Together, this creates the infrastructure for a powerful, secure, and scalable trustless computing cloud.
As a member parachain of the Polkadot cross-chain ecosystem, Phala will be able to provide computing power to other blockchain applications while protecting the data layer, enabling possibilities like privacy-protected DeFi trading positions and transaction history, co-computing DID confidential data, developing light-node cross-chain bridges, and more.
On-chain services currently being developed on Phala Network include Web3 Analytics: high-performance smart contracts from Phala to enable highly concurrent mass data analytics with privacy, paving the way for an alternative to Google Analytics that inherently respects individual confidentiality.