Phala Launches PoC-4, Added New
Security Level Setting | Phala Weekly Vol.32
- Launched the PoC-4 testnet; miners are testing the latest updates to the Phala blockchain.
- Added a
Security Level, which will help more SGX miners joining the Phala network – details coming soon.
- Like Parity’s Polkadot and Kusama, we are syncing the latest Substrate codebase, and resolving issues found in PoC-3.
- Join the test now 👇
📝 How to upgrade to PoC-4？
✅ If you have downloaded the mining script, please use the following operation to update：
sudo phala update script
sudo phala update clean
sudo phala start
Since PoC-4 is a new blockchain, please be sure to re-bind on-chain and start mining on-chain. check the details
✅If you haven’t downloaded the mining script, please follow the tutorial to configure.
- In the PoC-4 network, ‘Phala module’ is changed to ‘phala’, please be aware that there will be some changes when operating on the operating chain;
- PoC-4 will be equipped with new test coins, please go to the TG faucet group to apply for free.
2. More docs for the mining pool management system (called
3. Began internal testing of the Chainbridge-based ETH <-> Phala blockchain token swap bridge.
💻Work in progress
1.Working on cross-chain development with Statemint;
2. Testing Phala Crowdloan event site;
3. Continued work on the reference mining pool:
- “StakePad” frontend;
- Improving computing task mechanisms to work better with parachains.
4. Runtime Bridge (Phost for mining pool).
Community & Ecosystem
- Community stats：
- Three new translations from the Vietnamese and French communities this week.
Activities & News
- April 19, we added a social-media channel on our Discord and opened it for a limited time(it’s a private channel right now). If you are active on social media like Twitter or have some great ideas about marketing, please contact us and chat about ways to promote Phala!
- As one of the co-sponsors, Phala jointly with other 8 projects and organizations to build up Privacy Computing In China (PCIC) on April 19. PCIC is the first autonomous organization in the privacy computing blockchain field in China.
- April 23, Phala Network and Bluemountain Labs held the first Phala miners meeting in Chengdu, which ran perfectly. COO Zhe Wang talked about everything Phala: our views of Web3.0, Phala’s features, and the mechanism of TEE mining. Zhe Wang made a live show of setting up and deploying a Phala miner in 30 mins. Miners and participants shared their experiences at the miners’ roundtable, and held a Quiz Time, with the Phala team answer many miners questions and concerns. This event and campaign attracted over 200 future miners to attend and the live broadcast received nearly 3000 views.
- Participated in the ZKValidator Jobs Fair on April 24, promoting Phala, soliciting developers, and building contacts across the dev and research community.
- April 25, Zhe Wang was invited to attend YPOOL’s miners meeting, where he was the first speaker and presented the details of Phala’s TEE mining.
- April 28, Marvin will record a session of OKExDeFi Roundtable for the OKEx Official channel.
- April 29, Marvin will attend the Privacy on Polkadot showcase, hosted by Zero Knowledge Validator.
Phala Network tackles the issue of trust in the computation cloud.
This blockchain is a trustless computation platform that enables massive cloud processing without sacrificing data confidentiality. Built around TEE-based privacy technology already embedded into modern processors, Phala Network’s distributed computing cloud is versatile and confidential. By separating the consensus mechanism from computation, Phala ensures processing power is highly scalable. Together, this creates the infrastructure for a powerful, secure, and scalable trustless computing cloud.
As a member parachain of the Polkadot cross-chain ecosystem, Phala will be able to provide computing power to other blockchain applications while protecting the data layer, enabling possibilities like privacy-protected DeFi trading positions and transaction history, co-computing DID confidential data, developing light-node cross-chain bridges, and more.
On-chain services currently being developed on Phala Network include Web3 Analytics: high-performance smart contracts from Phala enable highly concurrent mass data analytics with privacy, paving the way for an alternative to Google Analytics that inherently respects individual confidentiality.