Phala Network Won the 4th Rococo Testnet Parachain Slot | Phala Weekly Vol.29
- Phala parachain:
- Various bug fixes for issues found in testing;
- Following the latest Cumulus codebase.
2. pDiem M4: Support creating Diem accounts and signing transactions inside pRuntime;
3. Reviewed and merged “StakePad” backend into the main branch;
4. Refactored Secret Wallet, compatible with parachain.
💻Work in progress
- Testing Phala parachain runtime features;
- Testing Phala Crowdloan event site;
- Continued work on the reference mining pool:
- A new “PHost” to support managing multiple miners;
- “StakePad” frontend;
- Improving computing task mechanisms to work better with parachains.
* For better transparency, we’re logging progress on Phala GitHub Projects： https://github.com/orgs/Phala-Network/projects
Community & Ecosystem
- Community Stats:
- From Apr 2nd to May 4th, Phala offers a Q/A Bounty in the Vietnamese community, users can participate in this activity through https://beta.bounty0x.io/bounties/2044429, there are 250 PHA to be shared among winners.
- Phala submitted its monthly report to Polkaworld.
PolkaWorld - Medium
For the public, maybe the name "Gavin Wood" is not as well-known as "Satoshi Nakamoto" or "Vitalik Buterin". But in the…
Activities & News
- Phala Network won the Parachain Slot Auction on Polkadot Rococo testnet, with Litentry, Darwinia Network, Bifrost finance on March 31. Thanks to our supporting voters, Phala and our community look 100% ready to be a Parachain on Kusama！
- Phala attended Satoshi Club’s AMA on March 31. After the usual introduction, Marvin had a chance to dissect Phala’s mining mechanism to this community.
- On the first day of April, Marvin was an invited roundtable guest to Polkadot & Friends in Beijing, speaking on the themes of NFT & Web3.0. He shared his opinions on how to coordinate confidential contracts and NFT as well as the Pahal’s Secret BOX concept.
- April 2, Phala has had its second Vietnamese AMA in Voz Blockchain community.
- Polkadot Southwest community-BML’s Trip to Yunnan is wrapping up. On April 3, via online call, Phala met with them and shared Phala’s latest news and progress with all the fans.
Phala Network tackles the issue of trust in the computation cloud.
This blockchain is a trustless computation platform that enables massive cloud processing without sacrificing data confidentiality. Built around TEE-based privacy technology already embedded into modern processors, Phala Network’s distributed computing cloud is versatile and confidential. By separating the consensus mechanism from computation, Phala ensures processing power is highly scalable. Together, this creates the infrastructure for a powerful, secure, and scalable trustless computing cloud.
As a member parachain of the Polkadot cross-chain ecosystem, Phala will be able to provide computing power to other blockchain applications while protecting the data layer, enabling possibilities like privacy-protected DeFi trading positions and transaction history, co-computing DID confidential data, developing light-node cross-chain bridges, and more.
On-chain services currently being developed on Phala Network include Web3 Analytics: high-performance smart contracts from Phala enable highly concurrent mass data analytics with privacy, paving the way for an alternative to Google Analytics that inherently respects individual confidentiality.