Phala PC Case Mod Contest: Show off Your Excellent Builds to Phala Community
During the Phala Vendetta testnet, miners kept showing off carefully-designed and painstakingly-assembled cases. Some of you are serious about your cases. We love it.
So Phala is holding a “Phala PC Case Mod Contest” to give every mining modder a chance to show off their most excellent builds to the community! We’ve set up two award pools in this competition, totaling 1000+ PHA in awards.
Does your custom case show off your love of privacy? Your dedication to security? Does it just look really cool and fit with the Phala Network design themes?
Update your builds! Show them off! Get featured by Phala Network and win prizes!
- Eligible users: Phala miners.
- Hardware standard: The build must pass the
Mining Hardware Configuration 2.0test and be verified as a device that can actually be used for Phala mining.
- Work requirements: Must make at least one mod to the chassis (we know what stock looks like.)
- Selection: The Phala team will add passing builds to this post every week, and users can vote for the builds they like right away. So the sooner you submit, the easier it is to get more votes!
- Awards : The Phala Jury will select and qualify the top 13 modders for
Phamily awards. The
Special Awardswill be reviewed and approved by the Phala Jury and then released into public voting. The final winning order will be based on the number of votes.
- Time : The deadline for submissions will be before the official launch of the Phala Pre-Mainnet, with notification one week in advance.
- Boost: Modders can leave a message at the bottom of this post to explain or lobby for their builds. Participants are also encouraged to post directly in the Community-Event category in the Forum to highlight and promote their mods. (Please tag your post with
About Special Awards:
Are you Special? These awards are here for users who go the extra mile, especially with customized mods for Phala, such as Phala-themed water coolers, adding an attached screen, synchronizing miner data on the screen… Eligible mods for these awards must fully open-source the software and the hardware, and will enter for public voting after passing the Phala jury.
✉️ How to submit
- Get your “Mining Hardware Configuration” report. Only passing reports can make your build eligible, how to: https://forum.phala.network/t/30-pha-2-0/1279
- Go to the registration link upload your passing report, upload case photos (all sides), and introduce us to your build. Tell us what makes yours great.
- Note whether you’re submitting for Special Rewards in the registration form.
1 Mine Power Awakening Report;
2 Photos of the four sides of the case;
3 Introduction to the modification part-advantages, configuration, how to buy.
a. Squeezing space to the max, I chose mini-itx motherboard and micro chassis, so I can fit more mining machines; who doesn’t want more miners?
b. I added light contrast and water cooling, so even crammed tight, it can look cool and run cool.
c. Equipped with a 3080 graphics card that’s 5 times more expensive than the CPU — I can mine Ethereum while mining Phala.
d.1T ahrd drive, the read and write is slow, but leaves more money for memory
e. Gotta use that Phall yellow for those attention-grabbing eyes.
f. Handle for easy moving. I don’t know why. It’s just cool.
g. You can search for xxxx to buy [this], xxxx for [this], and xxxx for [this], or use the parts list [here].
Only submit original work. Fakes, pShops, and copycats will be disqualified.
Phala Network tackles the issue of trust in the computation cloud.
This blockchain is a trustless computation platform that enables massive cloud processing without sacrificing data confidentiality. Built around TEE-based privacy technology already embedded into modern processors, Phala Network’s distributed computing cloud is versatile and confidential. By separating the consensus mechanism from computation, Phala ensures processing power is highly scalable. Together, this creates the infrastructure for a powerful, secure, and scalable trustless computing cloud.
As a member parachain of the Polkadot cross-chain ecosystem, Phala will be able to provide computing power to other blockchain applications while protecting the data layer, enabling possibilities like privacy-protected DeFi trading positions and transaction history, co-computing DID confidential data, developing light-node cross-chain bridges, and more.
On-chain services currently being developed on Phala Network include Web3 Analytics: high-performance smart contracts from Phala enable highly concurrent mass data analytics with privacy, paving the way for an alternative to Google Analytics that inherently respects individual confidentiality.