Phala Release the Annual Report of 2022 | Phala Weekly Vol.68
🔥 Phala Crowdloan
- 641 addresses contributing 305,047 DOT to Phala Crowdloan.
- Added 2 other contribution channels: Kraken & KuCoin
There are 12 ways to contribute to Phala during the second batch of bidding.
👷 Khala Secure Worker Mining
The details of Khala SWM system statistics are below:
🙋 Khala democracy governance
Below are some updates of the previous submissions:
a.) Democracy Referenda
Proposed by Bluemountain Labs, which aims to get compensation for the issue500 affected accounts, obtaining 5% of the staking income compensation of the abnormally locked amount in total.
#17 referenda (on voting)
b.) Treasury Bounties Application
- #7 bounty: the completed version of #4 bounty. Rewards will go to to Samuel and curated by Jonas for Phala Demand-End Tokenomic Design (117,000 PHA, funded)
- #8 bounty: the completed version of #5 bounty, which aims to build a decentralized dark pool exchange on top of Phala, focusing on order privacy and mid-price clearing. (141,000 PHA, proposed)
c.) Treasury Tips Application
This application of tip was closed last week. 500 PHA were rewarded to Brazilian user Paulo Zago for his work. Details
🔗 Extrinsic Transactions
The number of Khala extrinsic exceeded 10 million last week, more all the projects on Kusama ecosystem.
- Finished v1100 runtime upgrade
2. XCM & Token bridge
- Supported more assets, not only PHA
3. Merged lifecycle management for Fat Contract, allow to deploy and instantiate builtin contracts” #596
4. Phala App: Revised dashboard
- Refreshed UI
- Added assets detail
- Allowed a PRB fetch block data from multiple data provider services
💻Work in progress
- Enable HRMP with other parachain
- Phala & PRuntime
- Appointed Message: an out-of-order message queue
- Introducing MQC (Message Queue Chain) for consistency (under testing)
3. Phala App
- Refactoring Mining
- Integrating backend service, better support for reclaiming operations
- Analysing BlockNumberMismatch problem
- Preparing a new public beta release
Community & Ecosystem
- Communities Stats:
- Phala World:
a.) Released the first article of formal introduction
b.) Released first sketch
Activities & News
- Hang Yin attended the Encrypt 2022 panel as a main speaker on Jan. 19th. He discussed the future applications of mainstream privacy-protecting techs with other projects.
Encrypt 2022 - Crowdcast
Register now for Republic Crypto's event on Crowdcast, scheduled to go live on Tuesday January 18, 2022 at 5:00 pm PST.
- Jan. 20th, Phala gave a comprehensive review of Phala’s work over the past year in its 2021 annual report.
- Marvin participated in the Substrate 2021 year-end review party. During the event, he said that “Polkadot’s Web3 architecture has strong barriers and will definitely present value breakthroughs in the future.”
Phala Network tackles the issue of trust in the computation cloud.
By organizing a decentralized network of computation nodes around the world, it offers high-performance services without relying on any cloud vendor. Phala workers run the programs in Secure Enclaves, a privacy technology already embedded into modern processors, enabling versatile and confidential execution. Together, this creates the infrastructure for a powerful, secure, and scalable trustless computing cloud.