Whitelist Is Available For Stakepools on Phala App, Khala/Phala Council Was Proposed To Increase Seats To 8|Phala Weekly Vol. 96
👷 Khala/Phala Secure Worker Mining
🙋 Khala Democracy Governance
Khala has no ongoing democracy referendum this week. The treasury accumulated 18.45 MPHA.
- #17: This referendum came from council member Marvin Tong, who proposed to increase the Khala/Phala council seats to 8.
- #37: Application from Subsquare team, Subsquare connected to Phala Network and requested for maintenance fee for Khala and Phala Network from 09.2022 to 02.2023.
- #7: This is the M1 for Phala’s demand-side token design bounty. It covers a research report on pricing models for general computing (5%), a paper on the economics of public tokens used by Phala computing (60%). The bounty will be awarded to Samuel and managed by Jonas. The total amount includes 78,000 PHA for executors and 39,000 PHA for project management.
- Tip: Phala Spanish Ambassador Jere wrote an article on How to Apply for Khala On-Chain Tipping.
1. Fat Contract
- Overall progress 15/33
- Created and edited contributor whitelist
- SubBridge on Phala was tested. Will enable PHA transfer publicly soon
💻Work in progress
- PHA transfer between Phala and Ethereum
- StakePool v2 & Vault implementation is finished. Now reviewing Vaults.
- Enable Kusama node disk saving in solo mining script
3. Tokenomic design finalized the discussion; will publish soon
Community & Ecosystem
a.) Creating a demo for pre-FE work
b.) PhalaWorld Website landing page is in development
Operation & Marketing
a.)A tutorial video from TheKusamarian: https://twitter.com/TheKusamarian/status/1561015030581280768
b.) A mini-game contest running by community mods @Dark_Sparked
Activities & News
- On August 25th, Phala invited Crust Network to participate in Phala and Friends 002 to discuss the current situation and future of web3 infrastructure
- Phala App has a new function where whitelist can be created for Stakepools
- Bubblemaps provided blockchain visualization data for Phala Network
- Polkadot.js listed Phala Network’s Subscan links
- $PHA token is now available as $xcPHA on #Moonbeam for use across Moonbeam’s ecosystem of DApps via #XCM integration
🪧 Coming up
- From September 14th to 15th, Phala will appear at Berlin Blockchain Week and participate in roundtable discussions. Please stay tuned for details.
- Phala will attend Token 2049 from September 28th to 29th in Singapore. We will host parties and side events, stay tuned!
- Phala will participate in San Francisco Blockchain Week on November 3rd, stay tuned for details
Phala Network tackles the issue of trust in the computation cloud.
By organizing a decentralized network of computation nodes around the world, it offers high-performance services without relying on any cloud vendor. Phala workers run the programs in Secure Enclaves, a privacy technology already embedded into modern processors, enabling versatile and confidential execution. Together, this creates the infrastructure for a powerful, secure, and scalable trustless computing cloud.