Recipe: Mixed Baby Greens and Avocado Salad
Mixed Baby Greens and Avocado Salad
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper, freshly ground
- 1 (8 ounce) bag mixed baby greens
- 2 avocados, ripe and sliced into wedges
- Parmesan cheese, shavings if desired (to garnish)
- Whisk together mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, salt & pepper to make a viniagrette.
- Pour about 3/4 of viniagrette into large bowl. Add baby greens mix and toss to combine. If serving family-style, add avocados and lightly toss to coat avocados.
- For individual servings: Place dressed greens onto plate, place 4–6 avocado wedges on greens. Sprinkle with ground black pepper & parmesan shavings, if desired.
(Picture credit: IGMEALS)
FitnessTO, One stop source, directory, blog, & guide to Toronto Healthy lifestyle.
Originally published at Toronto Lifestyle on May 12, 2015.