Create helpful and inspirational content for Pinners in April + May
We all need a little inspiration right now. Pinterest is here to help.
This April and May, be mindful and bring Pinners inspiration they can action from their homes. We want Pinners to stay safe and stay inspired, and we want to bring them ideas to get through the next few weeks. These ideas are from businesses and creators like you.
From ideas for parents who need activities for kids to ideas for home offices or at-home workouts. We want to help Pinners feel better when things get overwhelming.
Traditionally, April is the time Pinners come to Pinterest to Spring clean — and that isn’t changing this year! Inspire UK Pinners with tidying tips, think green cleaning, solutions for food storage and home organisation. Pinners are getting ready to do Easter differently this year; they’re still looking for egg painting designs to do with the kids, easter hunt ideas and DIY chocolate inspiration. May brings two bank holidays, we might still be inside and many holidays have been cancelled, so Pinner’s are looking for new ways to brighten up this time. Think of ways to inspire Pinners with DIY projects, baking ideas and clever ways to connect digitally with all the family.
We’ve recently launched a new editorial space in the UK; the Today tab. The Today tab connects Pinners with the best ideas on Pinterest and this is your chance to get featured on this high profile surface in the app.
We encourage you to align new Pin and board creations with our suggested editorial themes (full list below). Don’t forget to check out our editorial best practices for the latest tips.
Please submit your Pins and boards for the following themes HERE for April and May by 30 April.
- Spring sort out: Jump on the joy of decluttering trends with practical storage solutions. Cleaning, folding and sorting has never been so satisfying.
- Makeover storage: Getting organised includes makeup storage, show Pinners how they can look after their beauty products and take care of their brushes.
- Passover: From matzah nachos to veggie kugel, inspire Pinners with exciting free-from chametz recipes for the eight-day festival.
- Work from home: Help Pinners get the most out of working from home, think IKEA hacks, loungewear, desk decor and the latest tech.
- Earth Day 2020: (22 April) This years theme is climate action, empower Pinners with ways they can preserve the planet.
- Eco-friendly cleaning: Inspire Pinners to clean green, think glass instead of plastic or swapping out paper for fabric serviettes. Searches for eco-friendly swaps +172%*
- At-home workout: Can’t hit the gym? No problem. Help Pinners stay fit and healthy in their own homes. Think yoga for relaxation, easy to follow routines and full-body workouts.
- Eggcellent recipes: Easter is synonymous with eating. Offer people new recipe twists; think dairy-free chocolate to cracking breakfast plates.
- Easter crafts: Craft inspiration is popular at Easter — inspire Pinners with Easter cards, wreaths and DIY decorations.
- Bank Holidays: Whether Pinners are trying out a new recipe or finally getting round to that DIY project. Pinterest is their go-to for planning.
- VE Day: (8 May) Commemorate with DIY party decorations and recipes.
- Self-care: Pinners are looking for help to relax, laugh and deal with stress. Help them with tips and advice on how to manage self-care.
- Spring skin: Time to dial up your beauty edits; think step by step skincare routines, pastel nails and capturing that dewy sunkissed look.
- Ramadan: Think quick and easy suhoor and iftar ideas, kids activities, sweet treats, reading lists and calendar crafts.
- Work from home wardrobe: Think to trends for all genders, including pastel co-ords and loungewear sets.
- Green with envy: From hair colours to eyeliners — green is the latest beauty trend that’s staying around. Searches for green nails are up 79%*
- Activities for kids: Help parents keep the kids entertained with DIY craft projects, kid-friendly book guides and box office hits.
Every week we save space for a wildcard — a submitted board that doesn’t relate to the themes. What do you or your brand do uniquely? Do you have a fantastic new board that deserves to be shared? Submit to us; we love seeing new ideas!
Please submit your boards via the form HERE
Join our mailing list to receive the latest editorial themes to inspire your content and find out about Pinterest news, tips and events. Join here.
Sandy — Pinterest UK Growth Specialist, currently Pinning creative ideas to design inspo.