Create to Inspire: Dec + Jan moments Pinterest Australia
Pinterest has always been a place where Pinners go to get inspired and for the festive season, Pinners plan early. Make sure you’re there to provide the ideas, inspiration and good cheer needed to create meaningful memories. As summer beckons, take Pinners outside with your inspiration, think al-fresco recipes and backyard landscaping. For 2021, Pinners are searching for a fresh new perspective. Help them set realistic resolutions and find guidance for entrepreneurial endeavours.
Don’t forget! We’ve recently launched our newest editorial space, the Today tab in Australia.
- Upgrade your digital space: Since the iOS 14 update, Pinterest has seen increases in searches for wallpaper and widget ideas. Show Pinners how to personalise their phone home screens. Searches for widget iPhone aesthetic +19x*
- Celebrating from home: This year’s festivities will focus more on the home comforts. Inspire Pinners to think outside the box with new hobbies that can turn into creative presents (knitting, painting, ceramics) and fun activities like DIY Christmas games.
- Advent calendars that go beyond chocolate: How can you switch up Pinner’s advent surprises? Think handmade gestures and beauty calendars. Self-care box ideas +46%*
- Twist on Christmas tree traditions: From rainbow baubles to all-white decorations, help Pinners reimagine the traditional green and red colour combo. Searches for white Christmas tree ideas +970%*
- Festive nail-art: Pinners love changing up their nail art for the festive season. Searches for Christmas nail art designs +888%*
- Just dessert: Desserts are a decidedly underrated part of the Christmas menu. Share delicious Christmas dessert recipes, from yummy yule logs to gooey profiteroles. Searches for melting snowman cookies +372%*
- Shop small, give big: This year, small businesses have been hit with everything from fires to floods, and of course, COVID. Support your favourites by highlighting products from your favourite independent shops.
- Last-minute gift ideas: Show Pinners how to create their Christmas wish-lists on Pinterest and share inspiring gift guides and product pins with friends and family — think cosy slippers, the latest gadgets and beauty must-haves.
- Outside room: From fashionable rattan benches and hanging chairs to waterproof furniture and plant box stands.
- Summer wardrobe: Inspire Pinners with lightweight staples to wear this summer — think colourful summer dresses and minimalist linen looks.
New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Eve: Think beyond the traditional partyin’ for Pinners, with ideas for infusing the living room or dining room with that special countdown spirit, including decorations and tablescapes.
- Makeup looks to ring in the New Year: Help Pinners make their last look of the year a show-stopper with sparkling step-by-step beauty tutorials.
- NYE celebrations from home: Pinners want to ring in the New Year looking their best — think statement necklace and stand-out tops.
Pinterest predicts: In December, Pinterest releases its annual report of the 100 trends that will happen in 2020. Watch this space!
Happy New Year!
- Realistic New Year’s resolutions: Pinners are ready to kick off 2021 the right way and realism is the way to go for achievable goals. Share everything from revised morning routines to wardrobe clear-outs.
- Set up for success: Many people started their own business or side-hustle through 2020 and this is not slowing down. Help Pinners with how to get started, virtual classes and tips to improve networking skills.
- Vegan meal plan: Help Pinners complete the challenge with Vegan recipes for every meal and delicious meat alternatives — think Jackfruit, tofu and bean burgers.
- Vegan products: Support the 30-day challenge goes beyond recipes, help Pinners discover new vegan home, beauty and fashion brands.
Health + wellbeing
- Boycott blue: Say no to blue Monday with mood-boosting summer colours, future plans and positivity.
- Rest and reset: Help Pinners get ready for the year ahead with everything from sleep journals and self-care to-do lists to quotes on gratitude.
- New year, new workout: For many Pinners, 2021 is time to shape up. Create simple and effective workouts that they can complete at home. Help them find all the gear with Shopping guides.
Every week we save space for wildcards — original Pins that don’t relate to the above categories. What do you or your brand do uniquely? Do you have fantastic new content that deserves to be shared? Send it to us; we love seeing new ideas!
Align the content you publish on Pinterest with the above categories for your chance to be featured on the Today tab. We want to see your most actionable Pinterest content, please submit original Pins that links to your blog, website or product.
For your chance to be featured on the Today tab in December and January, submit your content HERE by 20 December.
Join the Pinterest creators mailing list here to find out what Pinners are searching for, along with the latest Pinterest news, tips and events.
Sandy — Pinterest Growth Specialist, currently Pinning to hot drink recipes to a hug in a mug.