Plan your Aug + Sept content creation
Over the past few months, the world has moved at an unprecedented pace. Across Australia, people have been staying at home to stay safe. Due to the increased use of social media, they have become more globally connected. Recent events have put injustice and inclusivity top of mind. We want to express not only our solidarity but also our on-going commitment to taking action.
In addition to the uncertainty of the past months, people are trying to balance work, kids, hobbies and career pursuits. We look to our creator community to continue to create actionable content that helps make every day easier for Pinners.
Align your content creations with the categories below to give yourself the best chance to get featured in Australia’s Spotlight space (the curated carousel in Pinterest home feed). Check out our editorial best practices for all the latest tips.
Listening and acting
Inclusivity is not a trend or a moment in time. We want to ensure we’re continuing to make an on-going effort to make Pinterest an inspirational place for everyone.
- Never too early to learn about diversity: Help the little ones learn about diversity with educational tools — think books or art that teaches fairness and inclusivity. Searches for inclusive educational posters +91%
- Diverse beauty: Beauty is diverse and beauty is ageless. Create content that celebrates all hair types and skin colours.
Keep Australia beautiful week
- Environmental efforts: Raise awareness on the ways Pinners can help keep Australia beautiful — think beach cleanups and ways to conserve the environment.
- Sustainable shop: From natural and package free beauty to home furniture, help Pinners discover eco-friendly products. Searches for low-waste living +446%
- Morning routine: Whether it’s yoga or a method for getting ready, help Pinners wake up fresh each morning. Morning routine videos +161%
- Digital detox: Screen time has been at an all-time high during these past months. Help Pinners to take a break and spend some time doing things that they love instead. Searches for social media detox +314%
Living well, spending less
- Frugal living: Pinners are looking for the best ways to limit spending and get their finances organised, help Pinners with budgeting tips, the best savings apps and printable templates.
- Repair, reuse: Show Pinners how they can create something new and unique using dye, simple stitching and restyling. Searches for thrifted home decor +308%
Fashion + beauty
- Chop and change: For most Pinners, it’s been months since they’ve chopped those locks. Create looks to show their hairdresser or video tutorials to try out at home. Gender-neutral haircuts +625%
- Shop local: Independent businesses bring originality and variety into communities, create content that highlights small and local businesses across the country.
- Quality time with dad: Pinners will be looking for unique ways to spend some quality time together, whether in real life or on a call. Think of recipes and cocktails they can make together, online quizzes and games.
- Gifts for dad: Creative ways Pinners can get DIY gifts to dad, bringing joy to their doorstep even if they can’t come inside yet.
- Holiday close to home: Flights may be back on, but that doesn’t mean everyone is comfortable hopping on a plane. Pinners are looking for a weekend away close to home. Train travel +107%
Winning from home
- Spring sort out: Jump on the joy of decluttering trends with practical storage solutions. Cleaning, folding and sorting has never been so satisfying.
- Entrepreneur: Spent these last months working on new business ideas? Help Pinners turn their ideas into action with helpful business tips, vision boarding and planning.
- Home office upgrade: Pinners are still looking for ways to work from home from storage solutions and comfy desk chairs to encouraging wall art.
Food + recipes
- Brew at home: Save money and enjoy your daily cup at home — think chai, matcha and moon milk as well as coffee. Searches for home coffee station +751%
- Home bar: Help Pinners create a home bar experience — think fairy lights, neon signs and bar stools. Don’t forget the fakeaway afterwards!
Fashion + beauty
- Loungewear sets: Spending more time at home means that comfortable loungewear is the trend that’s here to stay through the seasons.
- Streamline your style: As the weather starts to shift, early spring styles are landing in the shops. Offer Pinners tips on how to create their new season style, layer like a pro and where to buy timeless pieces.
Every week we save space for wildcards — original Pins that don’t relate to the above categories. What do you or your brand do uniquely? Do you have fantastic new content that deserves to be shared? Send it to us; we love seeing new ideas!
For your chance to be featured on Pinterest, send us your original content HERE by August 31st.
Join the Pinterest creators mailing list here to receive inspiring categories to help plan your content and find out the latest Pinterest news, tips and events.
Global YoY% increase from P100.com
Sandy — Pinterest Growth Specialist, currently Pinning to architecture drawing