We are turning our newsletter into a Trello board
There are a few newsletters that I really care about: Snippets | Social Capital by Alex Danco, Product Habits by Hiten Shah, Slate Star Codex, the Outlier AI Data Driven Daily, the Point Nine Capital recap, and a few others.
But here is the problem I have with newsletters: It’s easy to lose track of the interesting content that you want to read if you don’t read it the minute you open the links. Otherwise, if you’re like me, you get busy, and those links end up as open tabs in your browser for the rest of the day, or longer.
To solve this, a few months ago I started adding these links, plus other interesting articles I came across (from email, twitter, colleagues) on a weekly Trello board. Now, when I have a few minutes to spare, I open the Trello board and read the things I saved. Each week, I start a new reading list and I carry over the things I didn’t finish or never started from the week before.
That’s why, starting today, I’ll be shifting our Plainflow Digested Week to a Trello board.
For every new newsletter, you’ll get a simple link to a public Trello board divided into 4 swimlanes:
- 💌 Weekly Issue (every issue of the newsletter)
- 👍 To Read (articles you select from the newsletter)
- 📚 Reading (articles that you’re currently reading/haven’t finished)
- 💾 Save (articles you have read and want to save)
How does it work?
- You’ll receive a weekly email with the link of a new Trello board (with ~10 articles from the Plainflow Digested Week).
- You will clone the board & give it a title (see the gif below).
- Read and add as many articles as you want to to enrich your weekly reading list.
- That’s it!
Once you’re done with the quick setup, you’ll you have a new board in your Trello account that you can actually use to add other sources from different newsletters/feeds.
It all starts with today’s reading list: https://trello.com/b/4XVLbuPy/plainflow-digested-week-8-oct
Want to receive the next Plainflow Digested Week? Leave your email in the box below. 👇