Final project update
I completed my fellowship at digitalHKS last month, so this is a final update for this project…
My name is Richard Pope and I was a 18/19 senior fellow at digitalHKS. digitalHKS is focused on understanding the relationship between digital technology, data, and rights as it relates to the public interest. it is based at the Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs.
Government as a Platform Playbook
Based on interviews with people from digital service groups around the world, this playbook aims to provides teams who are building platforms in government with actionable guidance.
Government as a Platform — the hard problems
A series on the bigger political/policy questions that need significant political capital to resolve:
- Part 1 — Introduction
- Part 2 — The design of services & public policy
- Part 3 — Shared components, APIs and the machinery of government
- Part 4 — Data infrastructure and registers
- Part 5 — Identity and trust
- A working definition of Government as a Platform
- The case for a design archive for digital services
- The narrative around “data-sharing” in government needs resetting
- Street lighting in suburban London: a parable for digital government
- Digital service standards and platforms
- Digital proofs
- Real-time government
- Platforms for government? Platforms for society?
- Interview with Will Myddelton — UK Government as a Platform programme
- Making public policy in the digital age