[PlatON Bi-Weekly Report 08.01-08.15] The Alaya Network Upgraded to Version 0.16.0: Developers at Home and Abroad Recruited
PlatON, initiated and driven by the LatticeX Foundation, is a next-generation Internet infrastructure protocol based on the fundamental properties of blockchain and supported by the privacy-preserving computation network. “Computing interoperability” is its core feature. By building a computing system assembled by Verifiable Computation, Secure Multi-Party Computation, Zero-Knowledge Proof, Homomorphic Encryption and other cryptographic algorithms and blockchain technology, PlatON provides a public infrastructure in open source architecture for global artificial intelligence, distributed application developers, data providers and various organizations, communities and individuals with computing needs.
- The bottom-layer PlatON version 1.1.0 has been developed and tested, and it is planned to upgrade the proposal on the mainnet in mid-August;
- The mobile wallet ATON is planned to have version 1.1.0, which is currently under development and scheduled to be released in late September. In addition, ATON version 1.0.3 has been developed and tested, and is planned to be released in mid-to-late August.
- PlatScan version 1.1.0 is currently under development and is scheduled to be released in September; in addition, PlatScan version 1.0.2 is currently being developed and tested, and is scheduled to be released in early September;
- Node management tool version 1.1.0, which corresponds to the bottom-layer PlatON version 1.1.0, is currently undergoing regression testing, and is planned to be released after the PlatON mainnet proposal takes effect.
- The bottom-layer Alaya version 0.16.0 was successfully upgraded on August 2; the bottom-layer Alaya version 0.16.1 under planning is scheduled to have the proposal upgraded in September;
- The blockchain explorer AlayaScan version 188.8.131.52 is under planning, and it will be released in August along with the bottom-layer version 0.16.0;
- Node management tool version 0.16.0, which corresponds to the bottom-layer Alaya version 0.16.0, is released on the Alaya network in August.
- The pre-research on the Ledger hardware wallet has been started, and the major built-in APP adapted to PlatON (LAT) and Alaya (ATP) is currently under development.
👉Alaya AIP-17 Proposal Receives High Vote for Network Upgrade to Version 0.16.0
At present, the AIP-17 proposal has been passed with high votes, and the Alaya network has been upgraded to version 0.16.0. This proposal mainly focuses on the optimization of the Alaya network to improve the network services. For details, please refer to:
Technical Development Team
01 Continued to recruit outstanding developers at home and abroad and encourage them to contribute to the PlatON/Alaya open source technology
Held the first workshop — Alaya Python SDK developer guide and sample tutorial explanation. Watch playback here:
Continued to recruit lecturers for Workshop developer training sessions. Welcome to register:
Continued to recruit community contributors for the Alaya documentation revision. Welcome to register:
02 Continued to output developer tutorial documents for the general community
Alaya Python SDK developer tutorial:
PlatON Tech Column | Zero-Knowledge Proof Technology on the Blockchain
Zero-Knowledge Proof (ZKP), was proposed by S. Goldwasser, S. Micali, and C. Rackoff in the early 1980s. It refers to the ability of a prover to convince a verifier that an assertion is correct without providing any useful information to the verifier.
Zero-knowledge proofs are now widely used in reality, especially in authentication protocols and digital signatures. This article will be divided into two parts to analyze the application of zero-knowledge proof technology in the blockchain.
Ecosystem Progress— Decentralized Finance —
Privacy-preserving DEX V2.0:
- Issue and document sorting
On-chain privacy-preserving capabilities:
- Scheme and planning sorting
- Requirements are discussed, outline designed, and permissions determined. Detailed design is in progress
Ecosystem Progress—— Grants —
01 PlatEye blockchain explorer
- Progress: Milestone 3 has been developed and tested, and is submitted for acceptance. It is mainly about the function of the GasStation module. It is expected to enter Milestone 4 to design the functional page next week.
02 Lato-NFT that supports threshold signature and NFT auction
- Progress: The first phase of functional development has been completed and submitted for acceptance. The second phase is to test and operate the products provided by the community.
03 PlatON Ruby SDK
- Progress: The Ruby SDK of PlatON and Alaya have been developed and tested, and related issues have been completed. The self-testing report is being submitted. Project repository:
GitHub - viaNull/client-sdk-ruby: Ruby Gem for Platon & Alaya
Gem "platon" helps to make interacting with platon&alaya blockchain from ruby . Add this line to your application's…
04 Synthetic asset project: Pumo
- Progress: Pumo-related media channels have been built and promoted. The official website design will be started soon, the roadmap will be released, and open beta test will be carried out.
- Demo address:
Ecosystem Progress — aitos.io —
- On August 11, 2021, Walnut Hardcore “Nuclear Energy Salon” held the “Seminar on 5G Message Blockchain Technology Application”. Aitos.io’s CTO Xu Gang was invited as a guest speaker to join the discussion on how to secure 5G messages using blockchain technology.
- Recently, Hengfeng Bank uses blockchain technology to realize the trusted supervision of biological assets. In this practice, aitos.io’s BoAT is applied in the “blockchain tamper-proof collar” as part of Hengfeng Bank’s biological asset solutions to rural revitalization.