NFTs Booming: Land Sales, Digital Art and $1.2 Million CryptoPunks — Play to Earn #60
This week: Gala Games, Animoca Brands, The Sandbox, F1 Delta Time and more!
This has been a big week for the blockchain industry and Play to Earn. Not only did we announce the first sponsor for our upcoming event, we’ve also announced when the second Play to Earn Game Festival will take place. At the same time the blockchain space is seeing tremendous growth, from bitcoin reaching a valuation of $50.000 to NBA Top Shot appealing to mainstream users. At the same CryptoPunks keeps pumping in value, as we saw a new record sale this week. Did you know that the popularity of the word NFT reached its highest points ever on Google? These are very bullish signals for the months ahead, and exciting times! — Robert Hoogendoorn
A WORD FROM OUR SPONSOR — WhaleStreet are the DeFi engine that powers NFT economics. On a massive scale. They make huge currency swaps happen — or Whale Swaps as they’re called — with very small slippage costs and without crashing the system. They also engineered the largest ever NFT bundle and fractionalized it into the historic B20 tokens. WhaleStreet is all about upside, so dip into their liquidity pools for rewards, including B20. Join Discord.com/whale and follow WhaleStreet at Twitter.com/whalestreetoffl
Really kicking this newsletter off with our own news: Gala Games is the main sponsor for the Play to Earn Game Festival at the end of March. ▶▶▶ Read more
Another week, another record for Cryptopunks. An ape punk sold for $1.2 MILLION, while the seller acquired it three years ago for 645 dollars. Now that’s an amazing return on your investment. Cryptopunks are the real OGs in the NFT space, and that explains the value they have been gaining in recent weeks. ▶▶▶ Read more
Animoca Brands is currently one of the leading companies in the blockchain gaming space. However, their roots are in traditional gaming, and especially mobile games. They will now use their existing mobile games, and making them into play-to-earn games with blockchain functionalities. ▶▶▶ Read more
Something amazing is happening in the crypto art space. Auction house Christie’s will auction an art NFT by Mike Winkelmann a.k.a. Beeple. And for the first time in their 250 year history, Christie’s will accept bids in ETH. ▶▶▶ Read more
The Sandbox organized their first public sale and made $1.49 million from it. In total 1200 premium lands sold out in 20 minutes, while the nine auctions ended on Saturday. ▶▶▶ Read more
Gaming NFT Headlines
- Hash Rush gets improved play-to-earn this Fall — ⛏ Hashtastic!
- Robonomica Collectible Game Coming to Wax — 🤖 Computer says yes!
- MegaCryptoPolis Moving from Tron to Polygon — 🏙 Vox populi
- The Sandbox Finds Partner to Move Big into Japan — 🎌 Yattaaa!
- Esports Platform Chain Games Partners with Atari — 👾 Go away E.T.!
- R-Planet Unveiled Roadmap Towards Full Game — 🌳🔥🌊 Elemental!
- F1 Delta Time Coming to Polygon Blockchain — 🏎 Faster transactions!
Collectibles and Digital Art NFT Headlines
- 3LAU to Drop NFT Music Album — 🔥 Seriously cool stuff
- Football Mesut Ozil Genies NFT Drop — ⚽ Son Sözümüz, Fenerbahçe!
- NBA Top Shot Largest NFT Marketplace — 🏀 Slam dunk!
- Genies Avatar Marketplace Launch February 15th — 😎 Fashionable!
- Digital Fashion Meta Jacket at Digitalax & SuperRare — 👗 Looking good!
Grab your PLAY tokens here! And don’t forget to share this newsletter with friends and family, who also want to learn about blockchain gaming and NFTs. This is the time to share knowledge with each other and educate!