PlayDapp Marketplace Wallet Setup Guide
Read on to find out how to get started and set up your wallet for trading on PlayDapp’s upgraded Marketplace!!
With the upcoming PlayDapp Marketplace renewal, which will feature a whole host of upgrades and new features, we thought it would be a good time to update the wallet guide for PlayDapp Marketplace!
Read on to find out how to get started and set up your wallet for trading on PlayDapp’s upgraded Marketplace.
1. To interact with the Marketplace and trade items, you will need a crypto wallet. Wallets are used to send, receive, and store digital assets such as cryptocurrency (Ether, MATIC etc.) and NFTs.
2. Click ‘Sign In’ which will bring you to the Sign In portal. Here you can select which network and which wallet provider you wish to sign in with.
3. You can choose from Metamask, Portis, Coinbase and any WalletConnect supported wallet. The most popular choice is Metamask, which will require you to install a browser extension on desktop or an app on mobile. You can refer to Metamask’s Help Docs for full details: https://metamask.io/faqs/
NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, PROVIDE YOUR WALLET SEED PHRASE TO ANYBODY, CONNECT YOUR WALLET TO UNVERIFIED SITES OR SIGN TRANSACTIONS ON UNVERIFIED SITES. THIS CAN ALLOW ACCESS TO THE FUNDS IN YOUR WALLET AND ANY LOSSES WILL BE IRREVERSIBLE.
4. To perform actions and transact on the Marketplace, and across blockchain in general, you will require cryptocurrency. Each action will require a gas fee to be paid, which is paid in the native token of each network.
For the Marketplace you will require Ether for the Ethereum Marketplace and MATIC for the Polygon Marketplace.
You can obtain Ether and MATIC by purchasing via Transak or using a Centralized Exchange such as Binance.
PlayDapp Marketplace also allows you to buy and sell in PLA (note: you will still need ETH/MATIC for gas) which you can purchase via Transak with your credit card. You can also use a Centralized Exchange such as Binance or a decentralized exchange such as Uniswap or Quickswap. Please note that PLA exists separately on both the Ethereum and Polygon blockchains, please ensure you are purchasing and using the correct PLA.
You can also bridge PLA between networks using https://wallet.polygon.technology/
Your guide to using Uniswap or Quickswap to get PLA
Read on to find out just how you can get PLA via these two liquidity pools.
5. Once your wallet is set up, you have the required cryptocurrency and you’re signed in to the Marketplace, you can begin trading!