It’s our anniversary! This month marks two years since Fig launched its first campaign and we have some highlights to share with you, plus some info about upcoming events!
- We published our first game, Kingdoms and Castles, and used all the marketing data we’ve accumulated to help make it commercially successful, earning investors a 2X return.
- Bounty Battle, a Super Smash Bros. inspired fighting game, was just funded this month and features main characters from other indie games such as Darkest Dungeon, Awesomenauts, Psychonauts, Guacamelee!, Nuclear Throne, Axiom Verge, Gang Beasts and more!
- Our newsletter now has more than 100,000 subscribers!
- We’ve funded the majority of large projects since the beginning of 2016:
We’re so grateful for all of our supporters for helping us get to where we are today — thank you!
This weekend, we’re heading to Seattle for PAX West but we didn’t want to leave anyone hanging, so here are the developer updates you may have missed from the month of August:
- Trackless: Final stretch of development
- Top fighting game players give their thoughts on Fantasy Strike and devs post a character spotlight video, another free weekend and the Fantasy Strike campaign ends
- Names Change, But The Story Remains in Wasteland 3
- Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Update #39
- KnightOut’s release, Alpha testing, and game scope
- Bounty Battle campaign ends, gets funded 131%
- New campaign: Virgo Vs The Zodiac and first boss reveal!
- Phoenix Point: Geoscape, ballistics and more!
- Make Sail: Map of the Wind
On Friday night (9/1), we will be at the MIX Showcase at PAX West where we will be showing Bounty Battle, Trackless, Flash Point: Fire Rescue, Kingdoms and Castles, and KnightOut. If you’re at PAX, stop by, say hello, and play some games with us! Tickets for the MIX event are totally free and you can register on their website.
On Saturday, SWERY (Hidetaka Suehiro) will be doing a PAX panel where he’ll be giving more details about his Fig campaign for The Good Life, a mystery RPG where everyone turns to cats at night.
Not at PAX? No problem! The panel will be livestreamed on Twitch at 4:30 PST and the full campaign will be open to the public at that time. Check it out!