How to manage SharePoint help desk in Microsoft Flow, Logic Apps or REST API
We are glad to introduce new features for Plumsail HelpDesk for Office 365 that will help you better automate your help desk and integrate it with other third-party systems. Now, you can manage your help desk from Microsoft Flow, Azure Logic Apps or call rich REST API from your custom code.
Connector for Microsoft Flow
Plumsail HelpDesk connector allows you to:
- Automate routine tasks like ticket assignment and ticket management
- Submit tickets from custom online forms
- Create tickets from social networks and other services
- Easily integrate your help desk with other systems
Submit tickets from custom online forms
The screenshot below shows an example of creating tickets in Plumsail HelpDesk action. In our case, it triggers on submission of a form. Such forms can be used to send a feedback, to report a problem, to request assistance or just to get some information in general.
Rich REST API
Rich REST API allows interaction with Plumsail HelpDesk ticketing system.
Here are just a few cases when you can use Rich REST API:
- Programmatically integrate Plumsail HelpDesk with third party systems.
- Migrate tickets from another help desk.
- Automatically create tickets and comments.
- Create/delete/update contacts and organizations.
HelpDesk REST API relies on SharePoint’s REST API, so you can use OData queries with such parameters: $select, $expand, $filter, $top and $skiptoken.
Here are a couple of links to get started with MS Flow or REST API