How To Make Your Own POAP
What is a POAP?
A POAP is a digital collectible, minted in celebration of life’s remarkable moments. Each POAP is a gift from issuer to collector, in celebration of a shared moment in time.
What is a “You’ve Met Me” POAP?
A “You’ve Met Me” POAP is issued in memory of a meeting between two people. This may include meeting for the first time, meeting somewhere specific, or meeting on a certain cadence (for instance, monthly).
For example, if Patricio meets Mary at a conference in Miami, he would give Mary his “You Met Patricio in Miami” POAP.
Why issue a “You Met Me” POAP?
You’ve Met Me POAPs transform encounters into collectible records.
- They create records of your relationships with distant friends.
- They create a network of your significant encounters.
- They give you a path to giving back to your early supporters down the road.
Remember, these unique life memories are stored on the blockchain and can be referenced and reflected decades later in life!
Step 1: Create your Image
- Start by choosing one of the following templates:
2. Add your Name.
3. Upload your Personal Photo. (Headshot or Profile Pictures are common)
4. Drag your Personal Photo into the Photo Frame.
5. Ensure all information is accurate, truthful and avoids copyright infringement.
6. Save as PNG.
Note: Alternatively, you can use an agency like POAPs.Agency or a community platform like POAPathon if you would rather have a professional create your POAP.
Step 2: Upload to Back Office
Before starting the back office process, ensure you have read and understood the Issuer Guidelines.
- Go to poap.xyz/admin
2. Click “Manage Drops” and then “Create New POAP”.
3. On the POAP creation page, fill in the necessary details.
4. Title: Write the title you would like. Here are a few examples.
- You’ve Met John Berry at NFT NYC 2022.
- You Met Ape #4135 at APE FEST 2022.
5. Description: Insert the description you would like. Here are a few examples.
- This POAP represents the moment you met John Berry at NFT NYC in 2022.
- We aped around at APE FEST 2022 together. Signed, Ape #4135.
6. Start Date: Select the dates you will be giving out your POAP.
- Many users will choose a “Start Date” to be a few days before the event and the “End Date” to be a few days after the event.
7. POAP Artwork: Upload the PNG you created.
8. Website: Most users leave this blank.
9. Template: Most users leave this blank.
10. Email: Add your Email Address.
11. Mint Links: We recommend under 100 if you are a new issuer.
Step 3: Review your Email
You will receive an email confirming you’ve completed the initial set up.
Please allow up to 24 hours for your POAP drop to be reviewed by the POAP Curation Body.
Once your POAP has received a positive review by the POAP Curation Body, you will receive a second email that confirms your POAP is ready.
This email will have an attached .txt file that contains your unique mint links that you will use to distribute your POAP. Each mint link is valid for the minting of one POAP.
Note: Only share a single mint link with an individual that you want to claim your POAP. Never post your mint links on public forums (Twitter, Discord, Telegram, etc) or malicious farmers may claim them all.
How to Distribute your POAP
What is the POAP Kiosk?
The best and most simple way to distribute a “You’ve Met Me” POAP is by using the POAP Kiosk.
The POAP Kiosk allows you to distribute POAPs with a phone or any digital device, via unique QR codes.
You can set it up in a few simple steps.
Step 4: Set Up Your POAP Kiosk.
- Head to https://qr.poap.tech
- Click “Create QR Dispenser”.
- Upload your mint links .txt file you received via email.
- Review the information and enter your email.
- Ensure that “no” is selected for “Enable Anti-Framing Game”.
- Click “Create Dispenser”.
- Congratulations — you have set up a POAP Kiosk!
Using Your POAP Kiosk.
- Locate your “Public QR Dispenser Link” this will be on the previous URL and will also arrive via email.
- Open your Public QR Dispenser Link on your phone when you are at an event and want to distribute your POAP.
- All the collector needs to do is scan the displayed QR code with their phone to claim their POAP.
- Have Fun!
Please Note: Never share your Public QR Dispenser Link URL with anyone. This could result in all of your POAPs being drained.
Step 5: Have Fun!
Welcome to the POAP family, one of the largest and most friendly communities in Web3.